• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos (God of War) vs Dante (DMC)

You easily Dante, Kratos has a lot of speed compared to Dante, Dante's Massive-FTL in base form, imagine the Majin Form?

Even if movement speed is equalized, I believe Dante has the better feats on this (unless Majin form is excluded).

Speed being equal, I see Kratos' Bow of Apollo vs Dante's guns would be interesting to say the least. I see Dante's pistols being more useful in close range, as it would likely match up with Kratos' Blade of Exile's reach and area of coverage (Dante's bullets may move faster but Kratos can cover more distance/area with his attacks).

For long range, I see Kratos' bow helping him a lot here. Assuming Kratos' bow moves much further than a regular bow, he should be able to keep Dante from closing in, or at least slow him down.

Blades of Exile vs Rebellion. Not sure on this one. BoE is more versatile with its range, but the Rebellion should have the advantage in raw power imo.

Kratos maybe brutal and has more options in weaponry (if counting even his PSP weapons, such as Ifrit) but Dante has the more advanced and harder-hitting weapons, speed and finesse. Dante's also kinda smarter too (even though he acts carefree at times), unlike Kratos who tends to overpower his foes.

Majin-Form said:
You easily Dante, Kratos has a lot of speed compared to Dante, Dante's Massive-FTL in base form, imagine the Majin Form?
Dante is only ranked as massively hypersonic

i would have to agree that Dante can beat kratos barely due to being more calm and having versility plus has better regen though Kratos with raw power is likely stronger than Dante and I think faster so its more to who can make the more use of their powers which Dante has done more often. Now there is a potential upgrade for the god tiers of Dmc so this may not be relevant anymore

Dante's a whole lot faster, more destructive, and tougher than Kratos is. While Kratos has a good physical strength advantage, and Dante's overconfidence may leave him open for Kratos to land a couple of good hits and perhaps inflict some damage with his hax, once Dante gets serious there's really little Kratos can do at that point to beat Dante.

I'm siding with Dante on this one. Dante has a much greater variety of weapons and can switch between them effortlessly, plus his styles also add versitility to the fray, which makes Dante incredibly unpredictable and hard to read in a fight. There's also the personalities that we need to consider: Dante's cocky nature and tendancy to taunt his opponenets would likely infuriate the short-tempered Kratos, which would play right into Dante's hands.

Add into the fact Dante's superior regenerative healing factor and potentially greater speed and power and Dante's time manipulation hax then Dante should win. Even if by some lucky break Kratos manages to push Dante to the edge, there's the Majin form, which would be an overkill

I'm siding with Dante. His reaction feats match or surpass Kratos' without the need of Devil Trigger or Quicksilver (the link above shows Kratos dodging lightning but Dante has reacted to and dodged lightning, too, without enhancements). In terms of physical strength, I think Dante effortlessly blocking The Savior's punch should at least be comparable to Kratos struggling to lift Cronos' hand, and again that was without Devil Trigger.

Not only that, but I'm pretty sure Mundus showed more impressive feats than God Of War Zeus (creating a pocket dimension, ripping holes between dimensions, being generally more lightning and meteor spammy), and Dante eventually surpasses The Despair Embodied who I think is stronger still.

The comicvine link's arguments rely way too much on the (ill-supported) assumption that the GOW gods are automatically more powerful than Devil May Cry demons just because they're gods. Not all fictional gods are equal.

Back