• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos Norse Mythology

People, in the Wiki of Kratos from God of War 4, it says that he's stats are comparable to God of War 3 Kratos, but this is not the case because it has been confirmed by the author that Old Kratos is actually stronger than Pandora's Hope Kratos.

Source:

He is referring to this image BTW.
Screenshot-20210612-163130-You-Tube.jpg

Something feels off about that though. Isn't Old Kratos supposed to be super rusty?
He is rusty in a way, he's just more calmed than his Younger Version, but during all of God of War 4, Kratos was holding back because of Atreus.
He wanted to make Atreus much stronger, and experienced, and because he doesn't want to destroy the Norse Pantheon, and he doesn't want to interact with them.
He also managed to maintain his rage on check and he's more wise, and experienced, so he controls his power with more ease.
So all of the Norse Gods that faced Kratos, they would've already been destroyed if Old Kratos had the mindset of God of War 3.

No, I meant scaling Old Kratos to Power of Hope Kratos. That doesn't add up at all since he literally released that power into the World when he stabbed himself.

WoG isn't absolute, baldur isn't above the entire greek pantheon.
Cory contradicts himself by saying "he hasn't had a fight like this (drawing direct comparison to fights he used to have on the same level), you get the sense that he's older, and he's shaking off the cobwebs."
Blades of chaos>Mjolnir and the leviathan axe
Kratos stating he lost muscle and atrophied in the novel

Kratos lost Power of Hope at the end of God of War 3 which was portrayed as an immense power up. He was able to easily obliterate Fear Zeus who was powered by one of the strongest cosmic forces in the Greek Pantheon (Fear itself, one of the evils) when in base they were equals. You would need to provide evidence that between the games Kratos got a power up that surpasses his amped prime when there's no evidence of the later in both the games and the novels, in fact it is heavily suggested that he got weaker.

Kratos lost Power of Hope at the end of God of War 3 which was portrayed as an immense power up. He was able to easily obliterate Fear Zeus who was powered by one of the strongest cosmic forces in the Greek Pantheon (Fear itself, one of the evils) when in base they were equals. You would need to provide evidence that between the games Kratos got a power up that surpasses his amped prime when there's no evidence of the later in both the games and the novels, in fact it is heavily suggested that he got weaker.
If the Author himself said that Old Kratos beats Power Of Hope's Kratos without question. What does that mean?

Ok, maybe your right about that, but the point still stands. Old Kratos > Pandora's Hope Kratos
This, exactly this. It also means the Greek Pantheon is weaker so they shouldn't scale to the norse Pantheon.

Don't forget they are able to damage the three that has the multiverse on its branches

WoG isn't absolute, baldur isn't above the entire greek pantheon.
Cory contradicts himself by saying "he hasn't had a fight like this (drawing direct comparison to fights he used to have on the same level), you get the sense that he's older, and he's shaking off the cobwebs."
Blades of chaos>Mjolnir and the leviathan axe
Kratos stating he lost muscle and atrophied in the novel
No your right, Baldur isn't > Greek Pantheon.
Kratos in God of War 4 was holding back this entire time because he wants to make Atreus stronger.
Yes, in a way he's rusty, but he has a different mindset.
He did lose muscle during the God of War 3, and 4 time gap. But during that gap, he learned how to control his power.

This, exactly this. It also means the Greek Pantheon is weaker so they shouldn't scale to the norse Pantheon.

Don't forget they are able to damage the three that has the multiverse on its branches
Well, Norse Pantheon > Greek Pantheon is not true.
Old Man Kratos has been holding back this entire time.
If Old Man Kratos had the same mindset as his God of War 3 counterpart, the Norse Pantheon would've suffered the same shit as the Greek Pantheon did.

So you're taking the brains>brawn approach here? I don't disagree, kinda what i've been saying all along, kratos has grown past pure rage, it's called character development. This however, doesn't explain Norse>Greek kratos in any way, when he did nothing but lose everything he once had and get rusty.

To be fair, unless you count timelines in the well of destiny, which is a bag of worms in itself, the pillar in the greek pantheon also hold up the infinite universe, morpheus' domain, nyx dimension, domain of death. Norse cosmology>Greek Cosmology tho.

So you're taking the brains>brawn approach here? I don't disagree, kinda what i've been saying all along, kratos has grown past pure rage, it's called character development. This however, doesn't explain Norse>Greek kratos in any way, when he did nothing but lose everything he once had and get rusty.
Yes, I'm taking it in that way.
Yes, he had his character growth.
Yes he lost everything, I mean all of it, all of his weapons, the Power Of Hope, etc.
In a way he got rusty, but if the author himself says it, then it's a valid reason though.
What I forgot to also say, is that Kratos still hasn't showed what he can do.
We still need to see God of War: Ragnarok, which is gonna be released in 2022 because of the pandemic.

This is also what I forgot to say.

We still need to see what he does in God of War: Ragnarok.
The reason is because eight of the games were based on the Greek Mythology/Pantheon, while 1 is about the Norse Mythology/Pantheon.
We still haven't seen all of what Old Man Kratos can do.
This is what Cory has in mind

THAT IS THE BEST REASON THAT I CAN COME IN MIND OF WHY CORY HIMSELF STATED POWER OF HOPE KRATOS/ GOD OF WAR 3 KRATOS < OLD KRATOS.

Yes, I'm taking it in that way.
Yes, he had his character growth.
Yes he lost everything, I mean all of it, all of his weapons, the Power Of Hope, etc.
In a way he got rusty, but if the author himself says it, then it's a valid reason though.
What I forgot to also say, is that Kratos still hasn't showed what he can do.
We still need to see God of War: Ragnarok, which is gonna be released in 2022 because of the pandemic.
This just isn't the right take. You're right about everything up to when you said the "author" said it, so it's valid enough. WoG by itself backed by nothing is worthless, not only that but GoW has had multiple creative directors. Conglomerate of ideas have been poured into this franchise, when dave jaffe talked about kratos' sexuality, and other things related to kratos, are we supposed to take it at face value? Cory might've been talking about the future of the franchise in that WoG, but as of now the verse itself contradicts what he said.

This just isn't the right take. You're right about everything up to when you said the "author" said it, so it's valid enough. WoG by itself backed by nothing is worthless, not only that but GoW has had multiple creative directors. Conglomerate of ideas have been poured into this franchise, when dave jaffe talked about kratos' sexuality, and other things related to kratos, are we supposed to take it at face value? Cory might've been talking about the future of the franchise in that WoG, but as of now the verse itself contradicts what he said.
This is what I forgot to say something, my bad for explaining so terribly.
Yes, we still need to see more of what Old Man Kratos can show later down the road.
We will get more answers in God of War: Ragnarok

@6gbdbetze If you're asking why we don't treat GoW 4>GoW 3, beyond the reasoning already being presented in the blogs on the site, it's simple enough.
Kratos objectively got physically weaker and rusty, backed by both primary canon, and WoG
Blades of chaos have a direct statement of being above mjolnir and the axe, and the blades aren't even the most powerful "weapons" in the greek pantheon
Mimir stating that the norse pantheon is as strong of a force as he's ever come across, and he knows of the greek pantheon in-depth.

@6gbdbetze If you're asking why we don't treat GoW 4>GoW 3, beyond the reasoning already being presented in the blogs on the site, it's simple enough.
Kratos objectively got physically weaker and rusty, backed by both primary canon, and WoG
Blades of chaos have a direct statement of being above mjolnir and the axe, and the blades aren't even the most powerful "weapons" in the greek pantheon
Mimir stating that the norse pantheon is as strong of a force as he's ever come across, and he knows of the greek pantheon in-depth.
I can see why, and I agree. He's rusty in a way, etc.

What the future hold is irrelevant to the here and now. The powerscaling and discussion of feats in the future will be discussed then. This thread should be concluded now

But doesnt WoG stated that he is stronger?
Yup and considering the norse cosmology dwarfs the Greek one it's easy to see why.

"Rusty" just means out of touch, no training, no fights, nothing about Kratos growing weaker, so of course old Kratos slaps young one to the hades and back

Back