• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kwon Shi-Yun vs Claire Rouge (1 more votes)

I'm not arguing that her invulnerability will protect her from the whip; it will. But it won't protect her from Claire's fire attacks, right? Those aren't physical

Oh, yeah. Not those. No, since those are just pure flames. Apologies if I was unclear or just outright said the wrong thing above.

Hooo boi. Will get back to this later (friday later)

But, well, her invulnerability is litiraly taking damage as HP loss, the plain invulnerabilty comes from spiritualization/incarnation, which is only for 7-C key.

That ones flames do burn magic on top of giving resistance to being physically slapped. And they also give resistance to bullets and such, the non-physical stuff is either a superpower or magic.

But the whip wouldn't do much, with the pain passing in seconds, her already high tolerance and the ability to not get actually damaged make that a sure thing.

A smol question about a smol girl:

What AP does the smol one have.

@Ricsi-vigarosi

We already concluded Claire's whips (both the regular and magical one) wouldn't do much to Kwon (though since the magical whip IS the cat, it can shoot fire by itself and also act independently).

What do you mean by "smol girl"? Claire? Well, 8-A. How far into 8-A? No idea, and most likely impossible to determine. Do you mean the AP of the cat? Also 8-A, as strong as Claire herself. If you mean the catgirl version of the cat, she's stronger than Claire, but she's not available in her 1st key.

No calc? The feat can higly depend on the amount of trees burned and the kind of it that was burned, the timeframe (a second, a tenth of a second, etc.), the amount height of the trees.

Can you actually show me where she does that? No pressure mind you, and it's allright if you can't.

But until then, I'll asume baseline 8-A, which means that Kwon has a rather big AP advantage.

Calcing was impossible due to lack of details, so estimation based on the most likely assumptions had to be used. The whole thing was on a CR thread and approved, so it's safe to use. Sadly, that means we can't pinpoint how far into 8-A she is. Here are 3 quotes from the LN about it.

a) She suddenly faced the forest and launched a fire-attribute spirit magic. It was Fireball — a high ranking spirit magic that would reduce a target to ashes with extremely hot flames. They licked the ground and the nearby forest was reduced to ashes.

b) The released fireball drew an arch in the air, then exploded in a blast that even Scarlet was caught in, despite being a good distance away from her. The shockwave of the large explosion knocked down the trees in her surroundings and all the fallen trees radiated, turning to ashes in the blink of an eye.

c)"—Scarlet!" She called her flame spirit's name, which ran towards the demon spirit, devouring the surrounding forest with its flames.

Welp, Kwon has enough of an AP to make up for the loss in skill versatility.

Stuff like gamers body and mind, and speed/stat amps help a lot here.

So, I read again all the comments about Kwon's "invulnerability" and what her profile says. Sorry if I'm misinterpreting but, in her 1st key at least, it sounds more like Resistance to Pain Manipualtion for physical attacks than straight up invulnerability.

Huesito88 said:
Iirc Kwon is on the low end of 8-A.
She is far avove someone who is baseline in, like, season 2.

By the latest 8-A states she has actual multipliers on top of the power increases.

Considering Kwon's profile doesn't have "Multi-City Block level+", she's on the lower half, too. Her AP would be, at most, 549 tons.

Let me try to sum up what we've got

Kwon's advantages: Higher AP, Flight, Stat Amp, Slight Durability Negation, Fast Regen, Unaffected by whip attacks, Higher Pulling Strength (so can free herself from being entangled)

Claire's advantages: Range, 2-vs-1, Fire Resistance/Absorption, Intelligence, Slight Instinctive Reaction, Healing, Scarlet can switch in-and-out of cat and whip forms instantly, Last-Resort Durability Negation

I mean, I could see myself voting for the loli if not for the AP.

But, a X4 AP advantage is enough to nearly onegshot, comned with dura ignoring and a strike to the head gives a concussion at best, and vreaks her neck at worst.

When Kwon fights, does she always do it with her flames on?

Also, what do you say of my interpretation?

GoldenScorpions said:
So, I read again all the comments about Kwon's "invulnerability" and what her profile says. Sorry if I'm misinterpreting but, in her 1st key at least, it sounds more like Resistance to Pain Manipulation for physical attacks than straight up invulnerability.

No, the two are seperate abilities. She does use them together though.

Not really. You could strike with a blade while having a X2 AP advantage and still not go even a CM deep in her skin. She actualy feels pain too, it just passes the moment the cause of it passes.

Ah, so it's like a sort of "side HP bar" that takes damage for her. She herself doesn't take damage, but when that "HP bar" becomes low, she starts feeling the effects?

She always feels the effects. Say she gets stabbed, she feels the stab, but her body isnt actualy pierced. However, the moment the blade is taken away she stops feeling it.

She has an HP bar, using her skill for too long reduces the HP bar gradualy, as does being hit.

0 HP=Death.

It does take quiet a bit to take an effect though, and it's only with some of her abilities (like black flames)

She lost against the church of Masks when they bound her with binding spells multiple times, too many for her to break out of, which drained her considerably. She also lost to the guild leader who was significantly faster and more skilled in CQC than her.

You know, it hurts. This fight hurts. The more I think about it, the less I can find ways for Claire to bypass Kwon's abilities. I don't want to vote against my girl, but I think I'll have to.

Claire may be very smart, have colossal range advantage, healing and fire resistance, but she has very little training in melee combat. If she's struck with one solid hit, it'll seriously damage her, if not kill her. In such a situation, Scarlet would act independantly and try to protect Claire from a second hit. The cat would probably buy some time, since it's small, agile and can absorb fire, but it's a similar situation: if Scarlet gets hit solidly, it'll get KO'ed resulting in getting teleported back to its plain to recover. And if Scarlet gets severely injured, Claire will be disoriented, easily leading to her loss. Kwon also has that "side HP bar" thing + fast regen, which would be annoying to get past, stat amp which makes Kwon stronger and a bit faster than Claire, and Kwon is strong enough to counter Claire's frequent tactic of entangling her opponents.

I still think Claire has ways of beating Kwon (since they're in NY, Claire would likely deduce several ways to trap and confuse Kwon by using the environment to her advantage, or create diversions with Scarlet and play a guerilla-type match), but not a majority of the time.

Sigh... I switch my vote to Kwon. I feel like she'd win 7/10.

I changed it to current 8-A tier Claire a few hours ago probably should have told you =P

"I don't want to vote against my girl"

Really? I hate her.

Huesito88 said:
"I don't want to vote against my girl"

Really? I hate her.
In the LN, she goes through some pretty nice development over the series. Volume 12-Claire is very different from Volume 1-Claire

Litentric Teon said:
I'm not familiar with the series. Is it good? How long is it?
Blade Dance is a decent series. It doesn't do anything particularly unique, and it can be quite cliché, but it handles its generic aspects in such a way that is makes it entertaining and fun, never making it repetitive or boring. The action is enticing enough, the characters are fun and have a decent amount of development, and the story has a competent level of intrigue. There are 3 big arcs: Academy arc, Tournament arc and War arc; the series is almost done, being 19 volumes in out of 20. Since it's a harem, expect some of the usual tropes, but the girls are cute and have enough character and personality to go beyond their archetypes.

Just don't expect ant masterpiece. It's a fun little series, imo. Warning: there are MANY tsunderes, lol

In the LN, she goes through some pretty nice development over the series. Volume 12-Claire is very different from Volume 1-Claire

I read the whole entire LN series casually and by casual I read it as a fan/normal reader rather than for a in depth verse analyze for every single word for verse debating.

Back