• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is very, very late but Kygore just throws the ocean on Sonic and Sonic drowns. Even though the picture is Super Sonic, 6-A is Base Sonic, and with speed equalized, Sonic drowns and Kygore wins. Kygore also controls nature so that doesn't help either.

What of Sonic's Aqua Shield and Wisps which enable aquatic respiration?

How far is Kyogre into High 6-A anyhow?

@Maverick He's Groudon's equal, and he's "stated in the legend to have raised continents and fought Regirock, Registeel and Regice in the manga". So I'm assuming baseline or close to it, which could actually make this an AP stomp.

Sonic's bubble shields say no u, of which he can hold up to 3 at a time as seen by his Classic counterpart in Generations. He then proceeds to smack down Kyogre due to having a Lightning elemental ring and overpowers him with sheer versatility, resisting Status Effect Inducement, resisting Fear Manipulation, and also resisting Ice Manipulation (although if it's AZ, that could be trouble).

Then there's the wisps. Sonic can absorb him in several different ways, tear him apart with a gravitational pull of a mini-planet and turn him into chunks of matter, can turn intangible, create a psuedo-black hole, etc.

Sonic's only worry is Absolute Zero, which wouldn't matter if Sonic one-shots here.

@Hyper the votes saying that he's drowned shouldn't be counted. Kyogre's water attacks are nulled here, and Sonic can breathe underwater with the bubble shield.

Also this could be a stomp, so votes probably shouldn't even be counted.

Sonic could keep up with Perfect Chaos in Generations, so I think he can keep up, especially considering he cn hold his breath underwater and use the drill Wisp to have far better underwater movement.

Kyogre has quite a bunch of variety of ways to attack Sonic from a distance, which he has been able to deal with before.

I vote for Sonic.

Are people still thinking water is Sonic's weakness? When he has gone through tons of water stages and bosses and adapted to said environments easily? Anyway, Sonic FRA.

GyroNutz said:
Yeah, lemme find the thread
So you're saying even Rayquaza and other legendaries are getting downgraded because of just the High 6C disagreement for fully evolved non legendary mons?

Nah, there's still feats above High 6-C. But due to CAPE a lot of legendary pokemon feats were nerfed to hell.

GyroNutz said:
Nah, there's still feats above High 6-C. But due to CAPE a lot of legendary pokemon feats were nerfed to hell.
So Kyogre is no longer High 6A even with the lore and legend involving it?

Basically every single Pokémon got spat on down a tier? Despite what the lore says? When every other verse can go by lore alone and be perfectly fine?

(Deep sigh) I just lost maybe a bit more faith in this wiki site now.

Kancolle shrug
I give up...

I mean, the lore feats aren't quantifiable, sadly.

That being said, I don't really agree with 6-B/High 6-B for all legends, but meh

GyroNutz said:
Things haven't been kind to Pokemon fans on this site recently :[
Cause the playing field is now no longer fair. Heck, I don't even think we should do these matches with Pokémon against other characters for at least a good prolonged period of time, until everything else on the wiki (every single thing) is sortied out and taken care of. Like I'd stop matches involving any franchise in general that are in dire need of updates or are still in the midst of updates.

At the most for now, rather have Pokémon vs Pokémon threads for less shitstorms. This can no longer be brushed off as an excuse that "oh, others got this treatment as well, like Medaka Box, for example".

Heck, I'm actually tempted to start an all-or-nothing discussion threads regarding "legitimacy or illegitimacy of lores and/or spoken dialogue". No, it's no longer a point of retaliation, but now a point of huge concern I now have due to the Pokémon situation by itself. Tch, unfortunately it's not like I have all day to make such a thread yet.

Well it's more so a tier stomp now in Sonic's favor when the revisions are applied, but whatever, idc anymore

Changing vote to Sonic NOT FRA, but for the info regarding revisions and shit...as well as for my growing loss of faith in myself and all the above

Lmao this isn't yet necro, and then that comment. However, this is a stomp considering Kyogre is supposedly getting downgraded soon (unless proper steps are taken).

Back