• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well Lancer could possibly owned Gin in Round one if he landed a nice hit with Gae Blog. That spear is OP even if Lancer dies horribly due to his luck being E ranked I think, but yeah I said about mid to high difficulty for Lancer.

Round Two: I think that might be a speed blitz for Gin due to his bankai, but consider how he normally plays around with his opponents, he will use his Shikai if things get tough so I see it either way.

Equalizing speed is a significant nerf for Gin's zanpakutou, and Gin would already have a lot of trouble using it's poison due to how skilled Lancer is and his reach advantage in CQC. Lancer takes round one due to Gin's Bankai and Shikai being nerfed, Battle Continuation and Gae Bolg.

Round two could go either way imo, i'm going to wait for more input.

Round one is an obvious win for Lancer via reasons above.

Round two is more of a toss up, like NotEvenHuman said. If Lancer can land a single hit with Gae Bolg, thrown or not, he'd win, but Gin's speed alone may give it to him.

Round one: I'd say Lancer mid-diff.

Round two: Inconclusive.

Gin went against Aizen himself when Aizen was in butterfly form and he can extend his sword to hundred times its original length. He is petty smart despite his appearance and the fact he tanked a hit from Ichigo's old Bankai (The one during the Gotei 13 vs the Espadas and later Aizen) Getsuga Tensho during that arc as well, but that is also negated by Gae Bolg. He also have that cloak that can conceal his presence almost completely from sight, but that is negated by Lancer's precog I think.

R1: Same as everyone above. With speed equalized, Lancer has more of a chance of hitting Gin and reacting to his attacks, by which he'll then use up Gae Blog at some point and end Gin from there.

R2: Could go either way. Either Gin pulls off it off with the speed of zanpakutou or Lancer hits him up with Gae Blog.

Damn it I forget that this Lancer uses runes as well. So yeah inconclusive on Round Two.

Edit: I have to said that I really am tired as of now.

I give R1 to Lancer for reasons above.

As for R2 is much closer however I will go with Gin because of his range and his cunning.Lancer is a much honorable fighter while Gin like to observe before taking action.I believe do to the nature of how gin likes to fight will anger Lancer into wanting to end it with Gae Bolg which is when Gin will strike.

R1: Same for reasons above.

R2: Tossup. If Gin attacks relentlessly, he could win with his speed advantage, but if Lancer has a chance to use Gae Bolg, whether thrown or not, it's not gonna end well for Gin. Battle Continuation will allow Lancer to continue fighting while injured and eventually use the spear.

I believe Lancer can create Barriers to protect himself from Gin's Zanpakuto although that barrier might last only one hit or possibly more consider how it did blocked a powerful noble phantasm.

From the looks of the votes here, and just to bump this,

We have 6 for Lancer in R1, but it's about 5 for inconclusive but 1 for Gin in R2.

Hmmm...not sure how we'll be able to add this to their profiles like this after it's done...

Round 1: Lancer for reasons above.

Round 2: I'm not sure. Gin is unlikely to use his Bankai's special ability if he doesn't know about Gae Bolg. And considering he likes playing around, he's unlikely to keep attacking Lancer repeatedly especially if he notices that he can attack Lancer without him being unable to react. As for Lancer on the other hand, he's likely to use Gae Bolg if he notices Gin can attack him faster than he can react. I think his Regenerationn and Battle Continuation will enable him to survive the first wave of attacks from Gin. So, I give it to Lancer for now.

Back