• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

large revision for King Knight (Shovel Knight)

King Knights campaign just came out and he got some stuff.

New Abilities from Heirlooms

During the course of his campaign, King Knight acquires various magical items, referred to as "Heirlooms". All Heirlooms cost him some Vigor to use, so he can not spam these items. the Imgur links show the item description and the twitter links are just the abilities in action

Propeller Blitzsteed Description In actio no new abilities, but should be listed in his standard equipment.

Rat Bombairdor Description and In actio Summoning (of the rat) and Limited Explosion Manipulation

Bubble Frog Description and In actio Limited Water Manipulation (?) and limited Flight

Scepter Of Swiftness Description and In actio Statistics Amplification (of speed, only while active) and limited Flight

Dueling Gloves Description and In action no new abilities. can maybe be used as further justification for his striking strength. Should be listed in his standard equipment

Gyro Boots Description andIn actio limited Air Manipulation (Rejected)

Turn Coat Descriptio and In actio Absorption (of damage) and Energy Projection (shoots an energy blast based on the number of hits he absorbs)

Healing Hammer Descriptio andIn action Healing

Scorching Saber Description and In action Fire Manipulation

Horns Of Heralding Description and In action This is already on his profile, but now it has an official name

Decrees.

King Knight possesses several powerful, single-use items that summon a creature to aid him in combat.

Decree of Soaring Descriptio andIn actio Summoning and flight by riding on the summoned creature.

Decree of Rejuvenation Descriptio and In action Summoning and Healing

Decree of Destruction Descriptio and In actio Summoning and Explosion Manipulation

Armor Abilities.

King Knight can gain several different armors in the game that changes some of his abilities. He cants swap armors on the fly, so the OP needs to specify which one he has in battle

Light Weight Plate Description Statistics Amplification (speed) (Rejected)

Vestments of Vigor Description Idk what this would classify as. but allows him to gain more Vigor (which powers his Heirlooms) by damaging foes.

Battery Brigandine Description don't think this classifies as anything, other than maybe Extremely limited Flight

Rodent Regalia Descriptio Summoning (of rats)

Resplendent Cape Description Does nothing in combat but looks extra stylish.

Armor Upgrades.

On top of gaining new armors, King Knight can also receive upgrades to all of his armor. these upgrades apply to all of his armors.

Healing Tears Descriptio Healing

Wealth Whirl Descriptio limited Magnetism Manipulation

Impact Sparks Description Electricity Manipulation

Blast Roll Descriptio Statistics Amplification (attack potency) only for his rolls.

Other Ability additions

he should gain Social Influencing , as he was able to convince people to follow him in becoming King of Cards.

He should gain Earth Manipulation. During his battle in Specter of Torment, he is able to change the layout of his boss room by stomping the ground https://youtu.be/tECwZ1lwv6M?list=LL5f0Wd-2mtdz2IjDTc4Fu_Q&t=534 (Rejected)

Joustus Cards should also be added to his standard equipment. He carries them during the events of King of Cards and can use them in combat (as shown in the previous link)

Somewhat disagree with Gyro Boots being Air Manipulation, seems like he's just using them to spin around really fast. Turn Coat seems more to be Attack Reflection but the other two abilities ostensibly also cover what it does. Gonna argue that the Lightweight Plate isn't a stat boost, just makes him carry less which means he's able to move faster regardless. I'm against Earth Manip as that seems to be a property of the boss arena, not an ability of his own.

Mr. Bambu said:
Somewhat disagree with Gyro Boots being Air Manipulation, seems like he's just using them to spin around really fast. Turn Coat seems more to be Attack Reflection but the other two abilities ostensibly also cover what it does. Gonna argue that the Lightweight Plate isn't a stat boost, just makes him carry less which means he's able to move faster regardless. I'm against Earth Manip as that seems to be a property of the boss arena, not an ability of his own.
1. The description does mention he becomes a "Damaging Tornado" so I figured that would imply Air manip

2. the thing is that Turn Coat doesnt reflect the attack itself, rather it seems to take the damage he would have gotten and convert it into a projectile attack. Like during the video I linked, King knight doesnt reflect the fireballs back at the griffith, he absorbs the damage of the fireballs and blasts several projectiles back in response.

3. Light Weight plate not being a stat boost is a fair point.

4. Fair point about earth manip, considering he doesnt use the abillity in any other area than his boss room.

1. I think it more refers to the visuals than actual direct manipulation of air.

2. Yeah, like I said without further elaboration your current powers do well enough for Turn Coat.

3. Alrighty.

4. Cool.

Alright. I dont really have any concrete evidences to show that it actually manipulates air, so Ill go ahead and remove it.

Other than that, can I start added these changes to the profiles or should I seek more input?

You've got two green names to approve it and it isn't for a character that's like the front page of the site so yeah, you can go ahead and apply these. Be sure to be careful with your edits, check for bad formatting/grammar, etc.

Quick thing shouldn't king Knights (and his rats) lifting strength be upgraded since he's able to carry along with him hatman who's also lifting an entire building/store while holding onto his foot/cape?

Marionaruto1 said:
Quick thing shouldn't king Knights (and his rats) lifting strength be upgraded since he's able to carry along with him hatman who's also lifting an entire building/store while holding onto his foot/cape?
yeah. the feat would probably scale to people like Shovel Knight and the other order of no quarter members as well.

Feat in Question (https://youtu.be/Fo-ZZIPJRs0?t=202) idk what exact lifting strength this would classify as though.

I can do a calc on it and will do so in a second. Gonna need some lowballing due to 2-D graphics but it should come out alright.

Awesome. When that gets evaluated we can add that to Mr. Hat and King Knight profile.

Do you guys agree that this feat scales to other people in the verse, such as Shovel Knight and The other order of no quarter members?

While I would like to scale them, I just can't think of a justification to scale shovel knight or many of the other OONQ members. Feat wise they don't showcase anything similar to what king knight and hat man showcased, even polar knight doesn't show anything.

Nothing implies that King knight is vastly superior to the other Knight in terms of lifting strength though. And the games already show that the OONQ members are all comparable stat wise

On top of this this feat was done by a group of creatures that are pretty much fodder in verse (propeller rats)

I'm not so sure about that I'm pretty sure plague knight or tinker knight wouldn't be able to compare strength wise, as they use tools and machines to match the other OONQ members. I could replay plague of shadows to make sure of this but I'm fairly certain some characters make fun of plague knight for being physically weak which was why he wanted to make himself stronger with a potion.

1) yeah I fogot about plague knight. He probably wouldnt scale due to being explictly stated to be weak phyically.

2) Tinker Knight may not scale since hes generally portrayed as being phyically weak as well, but the Tinker Tank should undoubtedly scale to this.

aside from those two everyone else in the order relies on physical attacks, and are shown to be comparable to eachother, in terms of physical stats, so it seems weird that they would have vastly inferior lifting strength.

So, I forgot this thread existed for a moment and made a seperate CRT before, but this is really important for the series AP.

The Enchantress didn't cause the Tower of Fate to collapse. The Tower of Fate collapsed due to Plague Knight's Ultimate Potio, which is made of the essances of literally every major character but Plague Knight (I.E. It's way above what Plague Knight is capable of normally). The earthquake was also likely caused by this, meaning that feat's also not applicable to the mian cast. While Plague Knight did defeat the Ultimate Potion, it's been implied by Yacht Club and by the name of the track that plays when fighting it being called "The Battle Within" that this fight only takes place in Plague Knight's head, and is more of a struggle against his own lust for power.

Hey, just my own opinion, Shovel Knight uses his physicals to floor other knights and they are all roughly comparable. I see no reason to not scale all other notable Shovel Knight characters to that Class K Lifting Strength. Obviously exceptions can be made (Tinker Knight only really being strong with his bot, for example).

Back