• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

Oh they already answered that in an interview. It all just magically vanished because it didn't need to be around anymore since Calamity Ganon was beaten and the people of Hyrule just shrugged it off because weird shit happens in Hyrule all the time and didn't question it all disappearing.

Yes that was their actual reason.

Oh they already answered that in an interview. It all just magically vanished because it didn't need to be around anymore since Calamity Ganon was beaten and the people of Hyrule just shrugged it off because weird shit happens in Hyrule all the time and didn't question it all disappearing.

Yes that was their actual reason.
Then why tf is there still a decayed guardian on Purah’s Lab

Random High 8-C (around that) feat for Queen Gibdo, hunting down the last shrines and went to top of lighting temple to get some distance and ya can see the hole she smashed to get back in the temple into the boss room, kinda big and I ain't seeing any debris.
Well, calc it. It should scale to any of her rush attacks.

No, I actually have it at 5/10 currently. You’re the one who always wants to argue with me.
I never said I wanted to argue. You're giving yourself way too much credit lad, the only reason we argue, is because 90% of the time you say shit that is
1. Wrong 2. Derailing like the constant FF or "we're being beat by random RPG goon 800" 3. Shit like this.
Stop acting as if I'm out to get you, you think I log on and go "damn let's argue with Tylo today regardless of what he sa-", no, it's because the stuff you say is bad, that's it, nothing more, nothing less. If Becky went off about how we should scale 9-B fodder to 5-A due to being able to do 1/16th a heart of damage despite hard caps in both statements and feats or why Ganon's gloom magic is actually 9-C because an arrow can deflect it while ignoring all caveats and context, yeah I'd call him out too.

I am telling you, your blatant flame-baiting ain't gonna be abided. Do you really think, for the what, 45th time this year? That going into a thread, where quite literally everyone disagrees vehemently, something you're well aware of, and going off about how shit ToTK is, because again, this ain't the 1st time, that you somehow haven't taken a hint? No, you obviously know, so for what reason could you possibly have to go into the dedicated Zelda thread and call a universally praised game mid af or straight bad depending on your mood, completely unprompted?

You realize this is no different than going into a JJK thread or Sonic thread and going "damn this shit ******* sucks", it's active trolling.

I never said I wanted to argue. You're giving yourself way too much credit lad, the only reason we argue, is because 90% of the time you say shit that is
1. Wrong 2. Derailing like the constant FF or "we're being beat by random RPG goon 800" 3. Shit like this.
Stop acting as if I'm out to get you, you think I log on and go "damn let's argue with Tylo today regardless of what he sa-", no, it's because the stuff you say is bad, that's it, nothing more, nothing less. If Becky went off about how we should scale 9-B fodder to 5-A due to being able to do 1/16th a heart of damage despite hard caps in both statements and feats or why Ganon's gloom magic is actually 9-C because an arrow can deflect it while ignoring all caveats and context, yeah I'd call him out too.

I am telling you, your blatant flame-baiting ain't gonna be abided. Do you really think, for the what, 45th time this year? That going into a thread, where quite literally everyone disagrees vehemently, something you're well aware of, and going off about how shit ToTK is, because again, this ain't the 1st time, that you somehow haven't taken a hint? No, you obviously know, so for what reason could you possibly have to go into the dedicated Zelda thread and call a universally praised game mid af or straight bad depending on your mood, completely unprompted?

You realize this is no different than going into a JJK thread or Sonic thread and going "damn this shit ******* sucks", it's active trolling.
I’m quite literally the only one you argue with or ever have any scaling problems with. I sprinkle in TotK complaints all the time and right now we’re talking about literally the biggest issue in TotK, ofc I’m gonna have something negative to say.

I’m quite literally the only one you argue with or ever have any scaling problems with.
And what do you what me to say to that?
"yeah, youre literally the only person in this thread who has consistently bad takes"?

Like I'm just as surprised as you are dude.
I sprinkle in TotK complaints all the time
Yes and it's annoying.
and right now we’re talking about literally the biggest issue in TotK, ofc I’m gonna have something negative to say.
Your biggest complaint, isn't about gameplay, music, world, level design, mechanics, progression, quests, NPCs, worldbuilding, the actual story, shit that actually matters, but why a concept they did and were done with that had run its course, wasn't completely rehashed in the sequel where it would have had added nothing beyond "hey remember this from the last game!" (which is what Purah's lone guardian is for anyway) where it just took up world space doing nothing because it's finished, useless, broke, or the 120 shrines empty, and the plot it was tied to had finished? And instead, they just went "yeah it ****** off because it served its purpose in universe (and irl)".
ezgif-2-fbb69ad4dc.gif

Your biggest complaint is basically that they didn't add a few extra lines of text you probably wouldn't have seen anyway to some NPC talking about where they went (because they weren't gonna be there either way).

Last edited:
So it just so happens that only my opinions, and ALL of only my opinions, happen to all be shit?

Why are you downplaying this issue? It’s multiple of those categories. I never said I wanted the game to be all about Ancient stuff. It’s an issue because it’s a major gap in the lore about what happened to EVERYTHING related to Ancient tech. The dead Guardian and perfectly working Dr. Octopus arms only serve to make us want to know more and if anything tease us for not knowing. I didn’t claim to want to go in all the Shrines again, but Nintendo should’ve thought of something better than practically retconning Ancient stuff for the sequel. It just felt like a middle finger to the first game.

So it just so happens that only my opinions, and ALL of only my opinions, happen to all be shit?

Why are you downplaying this issue? It’s multiple of those categories. I never said I wanted the game to be all about Ancient stuff. It’s an issue because it’s a major gap in the lore about what happened to EVERYTHING related to Ancient tech. The dead Guardian and perfectly working Dr. Octopus arms only serve to make us want to know more and if anything tease us for not knowing. I didn’t claim to want to go in all the Shrines again, but Nintendo should’ve thought of something better than practically retconning Ancient stuff for the sequel. It just felt like a middle finger to the first game.
bro this needs to be your own personal introspection, don't put in on chariot cause clearly he's not the the only one who agrees here that you do consistently have utterly god awful takes and usually always bait arguments and shit trying to yap about only power scaling stuff while having the most brain dead takes known to man and passing them as fact and being surprised when anyone who has actually played these games have disagreed with you. Not to mention your overall lack of work ethic when it actually comes to shit yet you're the main one consistently complaining when you don't do good work if any yet see yourself as better than anyone when it comes to this shit.

if its not THE WORST zelda takes know to man, you're wondering about the next 2-A upgrade so that Zelda can fight final fantasy

Literally not my fault lad.
Why are you downplaying this issue?
"How dare you disagree with my crack scaling on a debate forum"
Bruh
It’s multiple of those categories.
Literally everything I named off totk does fine to good, the worst being story but that's more in execution due to how the game being open-ended warranted compromises with how the plot is given, like it ain't bad, but it's "sufficient", and that's the worst thing by far, idk what ya talking about level design, music, etc is bad.
I never said I wanted the game to be all about Ancient stuff. It’s an issue because it’s a major gap in the lore about what happened to EVERYTHING related to Ancient tech.
Except it isn't, "it literally vanished in funny blue wisps because calamity ganon died so like, they'd have just sat there"
It's an explanation, it's one that does make sense and prevents it from compromising the sequel. It could have been better, yeah, but be real dog 🗿
The dead Guardian and perfectly working Dr. Octopus arms only serve to make us want to know more and if anything tease us for not knowing.
What? one's just a wink nudge cameo, and the second ain't ancient tech? It's brand new tech made by Purah and Hudson Co. It resembles it, simply because it's Purah who made it.
I didn’t claim to want to go in all the Shrines again, but Nintendo should’ve thought of something better than practically retconning Ancient stuff for the sequel.
Not what a retcon is, it happened, the game acknowledges it, but it served its purpose, it's useless, and honestly, I doubt anyone wants that shit to be there anymore anyway in-universe, and if it was shoved in game, dudes irl would complain anyway, that's what happens when ya make a direct sequel, can't appease everyone. It'd have served no relevance to the plot regardless, it'd have been "there to be there", which is worse than not being there at all. Everything in a game, should have a purpose.

They could've handled it a bit better yeah, maybe say Purah and lads took them all apart to use in reconstruction, given Hyrule probably hates the ******* things due to all the trouble it caused, so they'd likely wanna be rid of it, and tbh that's all I'd have changed about that subject, that's it, like one or two lines, maybe from Purah or Blud and they just mention it off hand, maybe proc it if ya wear a Divine Beast Helm and talk to her idk.
Which should be a red flag it ain't this death sentence you think it is.
It's ultimately not that important, plus, even if Nintendo did do something like that you'd probably wouldn't see it and complain anyway because the zoids do get mentioned in game a few times by random goons, it isn't like everyone LITERALLY forgot
It just felt like a middle finger to the first game.
Not at all, it gives the first game its own identity, as well as preventing what gave it a unique trait, from being milked, or god forbid, rehashed because let's be real, if that tech was still there, Ganon would have did the same shit again, because why wouldn't he? And that would've actively undermined the first game, and the sequel, by making it an actual repeat, not to mention they can't hurt him so it's just there to **** over the heroes, again, as if the last game wasn't just that, and if Ganon didn't do that, then that'd be an even bigger problem because it paints him as an idiot and ya don't want your big menacing hyped up villain to come off as actually dumb given we know he can do exactly that

Your "literal biggest issue" is a "yeah it couldve been handled a bit better but it's probably for the best". I get not liking everything about the game but bruh 🗿

tbf I don't think totk is higher than a 6/10 honestly. I think while I was playing it maybe it was a 7, but after finishing it I can definitely say it was pretty disappointing coming off of botw. definitely not a bad game however, it's just I was expecting more. Maybe with some generosity I can see a 7 but ehh

What the **** were you people expecting, it to do your taxes?
Especially compared to Botw, if you think Totk is a 6-7, you must ******* hate botw 🗿

What the **** were you people expecting, it to do your taxes?
Especially compared to Botw, if you think Totk is a 6-7, you must ******* hate botw 🗿
no.

It was a fun game, but i thought it'd be different from BotW, but mechanically it was pretty much the same. The game is literally an open world sandbox with a very hollow story and numerous side quests (which is fine), which were my issues with BotW as well. I thought it'd be more story focused and less... empty. It was still an enjoyable game. 6-7 isn't a bad rating lol. I'd be genuinely surprised if someone rated ToTK an 8+ after playing BotW. BotW is rated similarly but it has way more graces in my opinion because it was the first time in this new Zelda world with new graphics and everything, ToTK was literally just BotW part 2, with a bigger world, and an even more convoluted storyline due to time travel.

Like I said Totk/BotW are both fun games, and 6-7 IMO is a fair rating, but I don't think TotK deserves that much praise - compared to BotW. With the many delays TotK had and buildup it had, EVERYONE had high expectations for the game, but for it to be not THAT much different than BotW, it felt like a quick buck game to capitalize on the success of the BotW framework.

Like it's NO surprise that everyone's hoping that the next installment of the game is something completely new (whether they want to admit it or not). Hell, at the time of both releases, BotW had me go back and continue playing even after already finishing the game, compared to TotK, where it's like, not only is the game already big as is (which isn't inherently a problem in itself), but I've played this world before in BotW, I don't really have much interest in replaying it. BoTW when it dropped had replayability for me, but TotK absolutely did not

It’s kinda weird, TotK is way better than BotW as a game imo, but I had a better experience playing BotW, probably because of that initial “wow” factor that I had for BotW.

TotK was great, but wasn’t anything “revolutionary” like BotW was, so to speak. It’s just not as great as playing something for the “first time”.
(Still wish there was like a secret “Gloom Guardian” boss fight in the depths or something. Also Champions Abilities are way better than the Sages)

Last edited:
no.

It was a fun game, but i thought it'd be different from BotW,
It's a direct sequel dog, we knew what it was gonna be like 7 years ago because they said as much, and even clarified it'd be using the same world
but mechanically it was pretty much the same. The game is literally an open world sandbox with a very hollow story and numerous side quests (which is fine), which were my issues with BotW as well. I thought it'd be more story focused and less... empty.
That's the point? It's a direct sequel working off the groundwork of the predecessor, I hope it's the same. Hell if it wasn't you'd have people bitching the alleged promised sequel was too different.
It's an open-world game where you go about it however you want, in any way you want, the story was never the point, nor was it advertised as such.
They spent the vast majority of marketing on zonai shit.

Totk, and botw's whole point, is freedom, you pick where ya wanna go, and then ya just go, stuff like story will, by proxy, be sidelined, because how do you tell an in-depth story where the player, lil Timmy included, can skip whole chunks by accident, or do it out of order? You can't really, which is why the story is done the way it is, and hell, I agree, that's the weakest part, but it's not weak because "oh they just didnt try", it's a compromise, story, or open-world free sandbox? They picked the latter, which everyone knew, and did that part phenomenally well instead.
It was still an enjoyable game. 6-7 isn't a bad rating lol.
At least an 8+ by proxy of being > botw ngl
I'd be genuinely surprised if someone rated ToTK an 8+ after playing BotW. BotW is rated similarly but it has way more graces in my opinion because it was the first time in this new Zelda world with new graphics and everything, ToTK was literally just BotW part 2, with a bigger world,
I wouldn't, it's an objective better game in every conceivable way.
That's the issue, "after playing Botw", what were you expecting a direct sequel taking place in the same world to be? What if someone played totk first? or botw?
That doesn't change what the game itself is doing, this has "first pokemon/souls game your favorite" energy tbh
Take classic, is every Zelda after oot mid because they're all rehashing the same formula, layout and so on? Why not judge it based on what it's actually doing?
and an even more convoluted storyline due to time travel.
It's the most basic time travel plot known to man...
ToTK was literally just BotW part 2
ToTK is literally just BotW part 2, it said as much as back as the reveal trailer 😭

Like I said Totk/BotW are both fun games, and 6-7 IMO is a fair rating, but I don't think TotK deserves that much praise - compared to BotW. With the many delays TotK had and buildup it had, EVERYONE had high expectations for the game, but for it to be not THAT much different than BotW,
Everyone? We were told, day 1, it was using the same world, map, and engine, and it was revealed as a direct sequel? We knew exactly what it entailed day 1, this is just expecting something opposite as to what was advertised, honestly, I'm surprised it's as different as it is tbh
Whatever Botw is, TotK >.
totk had less delays than botw too, like it isn't even close
it felt like a quick buck game to capitalize on the success of the BotW framework.
Kinda, it was a Mario Galaxy 2 situation, but then again, so was Majora's Mask, who cares if the game itself is good?
this would be fair if the game was bad like pokemon, plz make a good pokemon
Like it's NO surprise that everyone's hoping that the next installment of the game is something completely new (whether they want to admit it or not).
Personally, I want a 2D one, as a break and then like, give another Totk type but spruce up the plot progression and temple layout issues. Totk was based, but even I won't say it was perfect, actually perfect that style first before trying to shake it up again. Trying to pull this every time, or even every other time, is why F-Zero is dead or we get half-baked games that start to cook, but never finish cooking.
Hell, at the time of both releases, BotW had me go back and continue playing even after already finishing the game, compared to TotK, where it's like, not only is the game already big as is (which isn't inherently a problem in itself), but I've played this world before in BotW, I don't really have much interest in replaying it. BoTW when it dropped had replayability for me, but TotK absolutely did not
This is just a personal issue, which while understandable, like I wouldn't wanna 100% Elden Ring, then 100% Elden Ring 2. But that has zero effect on if Elden Ring 2 is based or not, that'd just be personal preference or bias. This isn't a complaint with the game, take Castlevania, they all use the same general layout, but ong if Aria ain't >>>>>>>>>>> CotM

Literally everything in Totk is an objective improvement except maybe the atmosphere, but only sometimes
Gameplay? Totk is Botw but objectively better, expanded, and more fleshed out
Level design? Totk takes everything Botw did, does it better, and deletes the dumb shit like tilt puzzles while swapping in better ones, shrines themselves way better with far more ways to solve them if ya wanna get frisky too
Dungeons? Totk actually has those, and despite following a layout, said layout is somehow less repetitive than "turn on 5 buttons", not to mention far better actual designs visually and each with a different theme, with each dungeon having a unique gimmick and set of stuff working for it (usually a set of 3), whether it's the storm ark's cold temps and wind current where ya weave in and out of the ship, the water temple and the whole low gravity, fire temple and its high heat and focus on zonai devices to get you through or the lightning temple which imo is one of the best dungeons in the past few games, all of which also bring in the sage to do puzzles, such as getting Riju past traps,
Bosses? Far more variety, the same overworld bosses, plus new ones like Gleeoks and Fronx, but the actual temple bosses blow the blights out of the water, each one has a unique gameplan, design, and behavior, with multiple ways to defeat them, like Colgera's two main obvious ones being shooting at it as it flies by, or diving past the spikes and through it,
Generally far more content and side quests, with far less repetition in them, with some neat ones like joining the Yiga (you even get a cool move ya can use barehanded)
The actual main abilities are magnitudes more versatile, enabling far more freedom in how you play, ultrahand is magnesis except not arbitrarily limited, rewind in particular being dumb as shit in what you can do with it
Enemy variety, like the main problem with botw, has been patched, ya got the main dudes, new dudes like the Like enemies, cave-dwelling dudes, Gibdos, lil fronx dudes, etc
Weapon durability? They kept the gameplay loop but remedied it with more rock octos atop of fusing anything amps durability, with some items doing more.
Armors have far more versatility, such as glide armor and impact proof, as just one of many examples.
Weapons themselves have more unique classes to them.
Far more item variety, puffshrooms, muddlebuds, light status items, etc, atop of more readily available magic and elemental means such as the fruit, eye-homing attacks, ways to circumvent arrow drop, etc, generally far more usability for both in and out of combat
Fusing is generally way more free form than static weapons, especially with cool combos like Windcleave weapons + elemental horns, making it so you shoot elemental wind rifts, makes it not just a number game
Music? Same tracks and style more or less, but they actually added real tracks this time such as Colgera or the Lightning Temple so we get a bit of both
Dumb shit rain? They actually added ways to camp in the rain, such as Inferno fire
The whole Zonai thing
Literally hundreds of QoL changes, like Zora armor being controllable or going up small waterfalls, the item sorting, etc game is just far more polished, even just visually, take Eventide, it even got a upgrade in visuals
The world itself? Ignoring the sky islands and depths, which imo are fine, depths cool but only in chunks, the land itself is quite different than botw, and I say this having just watched a friend play that shit for the first time, and then replaying totk myself, there's a vast amount of changes in what's actually there, like take Death Mountain, it's effectively different, after botw the lava dried up, and now in totk the layout is different because of it, it's the same locale, but even just were ya can walk is different, the game is full of this.
But coupling with that, that's accounted for, Totk's actual movement eclipses botw, you can get around much, much quicker, whether it be skydiving, Tulin, builds, etc, the capability to move is far quicker and streamlined, less deadspace
You can build stuff ig, kids love that shit ig, first time through I didnt get it but second time I get what they were cooking, that shit is wild
I can go on, literally every conceivable thing is a hard improvement

The only thing Totk actually fumbled on is the story, which, was compromised due to the game's open-ended nature, it could have been done better, but it wasn't gonna be anything special, ya can't really tell an in-depth easy to grasp story in a way where ya get it even if you do part 10 before 5. Like I get having personal preference or loving it but man credit where credit is due

why is it everytime someone says they have an issue with totk, it's never because of the actual game itself

One common criticism I see is that a lot of the story takes place in the same Overworld, as opposed to the sky islands, which were given great emphasis in the trailers and such, and tbh, I kinda agree.

The sky islands are pretty lack luster in comparison to the main Overworld. Obviously, I don’t expect the sky islands to be as big as the Overworld, but aside from the Great Sky Island, and maybe that Faron one, the sky islands just… didn’t offer a lot in terms of content. Once you’ve completed their associated quest, there isn’t really a reason to return to them.

They could’ve added a lot more sky islands like the Great Sky Island, but for the other regions as well, which would’ve been really cool.

i think BotW is a solid 8/10. Really fun and good, but I got bored after a while
this I agree with, Ive never 100% Botw or Totk, thankfully it's optional, which I'd say is a strong point, ya can play as much as you want and when ya decide youre done, you can just go beat it
It’s kinda weird, TotK is way better than BotW as a game imo,
Exactly, Totk is objectively way better
but I had a better experience playing BotW, probably because of that initial “wow” factor that I had for BotW.

TotK was great, but wasn’t anything “revolutionary” like BotW was, so to speak. It’s just not as great as playing something for the “first time”.
I mean, yeah, it's the same reason why your first "anything" is generally your favorite except mine, theyre ACTUALLY the best frfr, but this has nothing to do with the game's quality
(Still wish there was like a secret “Gloom Guardian” boss fight in the depths or something. Also Champions Abilities are way better than the Sages)
The sage abilities do the same thing except Tulin is cracked, you have access to every Champion ability bar Mipa via the Sages, even Yunobo acts as a shield like Daruk did
One common criticism I see is that a lot of the story takes place in the same Overworld, as opposed to the sky islands, which were given great emphasis in the trailers and such, and tbh, I kinda agree.
Tbf, you do get story there, a lot actually, but it's optional story then again so is the main story, like the plaque or great sky isle among others, the major story beats take place in Hyrule but I mean, it is Tears of the Kingdom.
Though story is obviously what the game struggles with due to its open-ended nature.
The sky islands are pretty lack luster in comparison to the main Overworld.
Well yeah it's a world that they spent like 5+ years making, and then an extra 5 polishing up while tweaking the **** out of it, it might not seem obvious from memory but ToTK's overworld has a slew of differences from BotW
Obviously, I don’t expect the sky islands to be as big as the Overworld, but aside from the Great Sky Island, and maybe that Faron one, the sky islands just… didn’t offer a lot in terms of content. Once you’ve completed their associated quest, there isn’t really a reason to return to them.
This I kinda get, tho tbf that kinda applies to every place, if ya done there, ya done, like ya ain't going back to Gerudo underpass once ya finished what ya needed there.
They could’ve added a lot more sky islands like the Great Sky Island, but for the other regions as well, which would’ve been really cool.
they couldve, but then it'd have been delayed a year

This is an actual critique, but this is less "actual bad" and more "it couldve been a bit better"
Tbh a lot of this feels like expectations were too high so the game gets docked points even though it's still one of the best games to come out this decade from an objective standpoint, I don't find this exactly fair, it's a direct sequel taking place in the same world. Whatever Botw is, whether you think it's a 7, an 8, etc, Totk by proxy should be that but better. What Totk needed to actually do, it did, it fixed Botw's issues, it polished it all up, qol, added more content, removed the dumb shit, fleshed out the good stuff, etc. Yeah sure it wasn't the second coming of christ, but it was never going to be that, nor did they advertise it as such.
I don't even see these types of complaints for other games too, like ya never see dudes saying FE3H is mid because it plays like the past 5 FE's and the school aspect was kinda just there or not omega in depth. Not sure why TotK is judged based on what it didn't do, instead of what it does do, ya get me right?

I just wish complaints with the game weren't "it didn't do my taxes" or "I wanted the best most unique game known to man where ya go to space and fight Goku", or things that don't actually affect the game, but rather actual "hey, this part here, kinda bad" like "Link running uphill in snow is ******* annoying", game has issues but it's never about the actual game 🗿

tbf i should be used to this, ive heard this exact same stuff for the past 25 years every time a new 3d zelda came out and bros were like "it's just the same thing but with a gimmick", Zelda cycle is cruel

I don't even see these types of complaints for other games too, like ya never see dudes saying FE3H is mid because it plays like the past 5 FE's and the school aspect was kinda just there or not omega in depth. Not sure why TotK is judged based on what it didn't do, instead of what it does do, ya get me right?
The monastery is actually one of the main complaints about FE3H

Last edited:
Idk what ya play it was just an example, "damn RE4^2 sucks because it's just RE4 again" or "it didnt redefine the shooting genre so it's like, 6-7 at best"

Chariot echoes the same way I feel exactly. TotK pretty much improved on every aspect of BotW that I wanted it to improve on (more memorable dungeons, better bosses, better music, a clearer sense of progression with the addition of the zonai items and all of the creative shit you could do with them, a bigger and more substantive world with the addition of caves and the entire underground). Unlike Botw, I felt compelled to complete all the shrines in TotW because the world was that much better. Yet the people who prefer BotW only seem to do so out of the initial experience when they were getting used to the freedom of that game.

Essentially, BotW felt like a glorified tech demo of an open-world Zelda game, while TotK felt like an actual open-world Zelda.

I really loved the underworld aspect of totk, easily easily the highlight for me. as a collector and completionist I definitely spent most of my time down there

Honestly, the Sky Islands would have been the perfect time to reintroduce the Clawshots to go from island to island.
I don't think that'd work, like, just mechanically, between draw distance issues and collision. Stuff that isn't within a certain radius is dumbed down or not fully loaded, I don't think Switch is capable of a freeform interactive clawshot that can grapple and pull ya hundreds of meters, if not kilometers, simply due to collision and how objects get loaded. Kinda do want the Hookshot back tho.

If anything, I really wish the Champion Weapons and/or Master Sword weren’t breakable in TotK, but as a drawback they couldn’t Fuse.

If anything, I really wish the Champion Weapons and/or Master Sword weren’t breakable in TotK, but as a drawback they couldn’t Fuse.
The secret is just noting down where rock octos be, I have about 20-25 marked, in clumps, they all around Death Mountain, in fact there's abut 4-5 in a straight path like 10 seconds apart by the shrine. Whenever a good weapon is about to break, I swap and then before a Blood Moon, I go fix them in a batch. As long as ya have a good like 4-5 weapons, ya don't have any issues between Blood Moons. I like Water Warrior Lynel blades, Igneo/Frost Talus great swords for mining/temp regulation, and a Mighty Zonai weapon in case of electricity.
and the MS doesn't break

Back