• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's talk about Black Holes

Jinx666 said:
Would anyone here have answers to a power of a character having the energy to neutralise a black hole to destroy it? Idk if i'm reading it correctly, but what sort of level would that make them?
Negative energy, equal to the positive energy of the hole.

DTG499 said:
High 3-A or Low 2-C? The center of a black hole is time and space folding infinitely upon itself so I would assume low 2-C?
High 3-A. The space-time is still dragging you along like always, just to a greater extent.

The God Of Procrastination said:
Jinx666 said:
Would anyone here have answers to a power of a character having the energy to neutralise a black hole to destroy it? Idk if i'm reading it correctly, but what sort of level would that make them?
Negative energy, equal to the positive energy of the hole.
Fair enough, so what tier would that make them definitively or does it depend on the size of the black hole? (In my case, the black hole was stated to have grown 3 times bigger after already being larger than a big planet)

Below baseline 11-C.
Nah but fr? The feat im talking about pretty much destroys the black hole using an energy (Life energy in the media), nullification.

Size only matters to the extent of what the black hole can affect outside of its center, the center of a black hole no matter the size always has infinite gravity, if I recall correctly.

DTG499 said:
High 3-A or Low 2-C? The center of a black hole is time and space folding infinitely upon itself so I would assume low 2-C?
High 3-A. The space-time is still dragging you along like always, just to a greater extent.
I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean with that. I'm just wondering wouldn't an infinite amount of 3-D energy just be absorbed into a black hole's singularity(infinite gravity)?

Nah but fr? The feat im talking about pretty much destroys the black hole using an energy (Life energy in the media), nullification.

It's hax, and technically involves a negative amount of punch.

It's hax, and technically involves a negative amount of punch.
No, the feat involved a physical powered shot, but it was boosted using the power of 'life energy', which physically destroyed it. The energy used aswell demonstrated it had actual physical power instead of hax.

Nah but fr? The feat im talking about pretty much destroys the black hole using an energy (Life energy in the media), nullification. It's hax, and technically involves a negative amount of punch.
No, the feat involved a physical powered shot, but it was boosted using the power of 'life energy', which physically destroyed it. The energy used aswell demonstrated it had actual physical power instead of hax.

"Nullification" confused me. High 3-A, also Zero-Dimensional Interaction.

It seems white holes are hypothetical theories and that they are either made as a by product of a black hole's Hawking radiation or that white holes and black holes are the same thing. I also didn't read anything about white holes having negative energy. I did however find that there is a negative curvature black hole it's called an AdS black hole and they are essentially no different from a regular black hole.

And then hawking argued that black holes in reversed time would just be still, a black hole. So it's all very speculative and nothing about a white hole being able to eliminate a black hole.

It's my understanding that a black hole can take in any type of energy and matter wether it be positive, negative or zero.

If it was negative, then it would decrease the black hole's mass, eventually canceling it out altogether.
I don't know where you're getting this from. I've read that black holes can produce negative energy and that there are types of black holes that have a negative cosmological constant. I haven't seen anything about negative energy being able to cancel out a black hole. I don't see how that would be the case.

DTG499 said:
If it was negative, then it would decrease the black hole's mass, eventually canceling it out altogether.
I don't know where you're getting this from. I've read that black holes can produce negative energy and that there are types of black holes that have a negative cosmological constant. I haven't seen anything about negative energy being able to cancel out a black hole. I don't see how that would be the case.
Where did you read that types of black holes have a negative cosmological constant and that they produce negative energy? I'm interested in reading about this.

It doesn't seem like this discussion deals with the original subject anymore. Perhaps it should be closed.

I don't know if this is still a good avenue for asking questions about the original article or not, but I do have a couple. First: with the Hawking Radiation as a potential durability feat, does this also account for the theoretical black hole-explosion/nova that occurs once enough radiation has eked away to destabilize the black hole? I understand that the radiation itself is harmless and wouldn't be a durability feat to anyone inside or outside the black hole, but the ultimate end certainly should be to those outside and probably those inside assuming they're still alive. I mean, with the most common types of black holes we're talking about something analogous to a supernova with dozens to hundreds of billions of solar masses exploding; if there were any galaxies left by the time the supermassive black holes went off there wouldn't be afterward.

Second, in regards to black hole creation and the amount of energy used, I'm not sure that equation is fully accurate...or at least covers everything it might need to. As you mentioned in the article, the smallest black holes confirmed to exist in the universe are stellar black holes with the masses of large stars: smaller black holes don't form, or don't last when they do form. However, scientists do believe that there are so-called "micro" black holes that exists stably in the universe, and were created by the Big Bang: the only source of energy so great that it could create black holes that small that were stable. I bring this up because in fiction basically all of the black holes created are of very small size, and while some are flash-in-the-pan weapons, many are stable. That would mean that these might actually take more energy to create than larger black holes (at least to a point). So, is this at all accurate? Has this changed since my last dive into black hole science? Is it irrelevant for the purposes of the wiki and just a point of interest? Anyone who is kind enough to help me out would be much appreciated.

Back