• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link vs Cloud

Now that Cloud has been moved to a higher tier, can he win. Link is composite with all weapons and magic. Cloud has all materia and weapons. Both can use summonings. Who wins?

Link-from-Smash-Bros-WiiU-3DS-Official-Art
Cloud Original

well i looked over their profiles for hax mainly because Cloud has superior speed and attack potency but i still think Cloud would take this battle

well that would depend...

but if you want to add summoning add it but now ill let people more knowledgeable on both fictions debate this

Link still beats Cloud,

Link's Magic Armor makes him immune to all attacks but it drains his magic, when link runs out of magic, the armor stops protecting him. An item Link has called Chateau Romani gives him infinite magic, yes a very broken and hax combo.

Links Red Armor doubles all of the damage Link deals

Links Blue Armor halves all of the damage Link is dealt

Shield Spell halves all of the damage Link is dealt, with infinite Magic via Chateau Romani, link can use Shield Spell as many times as he wants

Links Red Mail reduces the damage he is dealt by 75%

To sum it up, the Magic Armor & Chateau Romani combo makes link immune to damage, Links red armor doubles his planet level DC, Links armours reduce his damage by a total of over 100% (75% + 50%) making him doubly immune to damage.

Composite Link is a very scary thing

Source

"immune to all attacks" sounds like a NLF in the sense that this should only apply to opponents on his level

although everything is else is up to debate if he would be able to be cloud based on that information

DC52 said:
Link still beats Cloud,

Link's Magic Armor makes him immune to all attacks but it drains his magic, when link runs out of magic, the armor stops protecting him. An item Link has called Chateau Romani gives him infinite magic, yes a very broken and hax combo.
If link has infinite magic, Cloud can steal infinite magic through Magic Hammer. Cloud can also remove buffs through the Despell spell.

Links Red Armor doubles all of the damage Link deals

Barrier halves all physical damage Cloud takes, he can also use Magic Counter to heal himself when ever he is hit.

Links Blue Armor halves all of the damage Link is dealt

Hero Drink doubles Cloud's Attack, Magic Attack, Defence, Magic Defence (using 4).

Shield Spell halves all of the damage Link is dealt, with infinite Magic via Chateau Romani, link can use Shield Spell as many times as he wants
Reflect makes Link want to cast this a total of 0 times as it'll double Cloud's Defences again instead of Link's.

Cloud's Shield makes him immune to magic and absorb all elemental attacks, like Links "Holy" Master Sword if he's using it. As Link is supplying Cloud with Mana (whom has infinite magic according to your argument), Cloud can use it indefinitely.

Links Red Mail reduces the damage he is dealt by 75%

Double Cut Materia allows Cloud to attack 4 times at once, negating this.

To sum it up, the Magic Armor & Chateau Romani combo makes link immune to damage, Links red armor doubles his planet level DC, Links armours reduce his damage by a total of over 100% (75% + 50%) making him doubly immune to damage.

That's not how percentages work. 75% reduction is 25% damage taken, or 1/4, then 50% reduction is 50% damage taken, or 1/2. 1/2 * 1/4 = 1/8

Even with this, Cloud can negate Link's armour completely by casting a spell, or augmenting his weapon, to turn link into stone/ a frog / tiny or instantly kill him. Also Pandora's Box completely bypasses Armour.

Composite Link is a very scary thing

Source

As is Cloud, when a little thought is used.

I can give arguments to why either person can gain an advantage, however in the end I believe this battle comes down to terrain, cloud having an advantage on simple/flat fields and Link gaining an advantage as the field gets gets more complex.

I just did some minor equipment and buff calcs for Cloud ignoring a equipment and buff limits I was limiting to myself to before. If Cloud and Link have no equipment limits in this match up (eg, link being able to wear multiple tunics at a time) then this should be fun.

Cloud stomps sadly, as much as I prefer Link

Like everlasting said, Cloud is large planet and FTL

One of the few episodes of death battle I disagree with

GameboyAdv said:
Cloud stomps sadly, as much as I prefer Link
Like everlasting said, Cloud is large planet and FTL

One of the few episodes of death battle I disagree with
It was legitimate when it came out, but these new calcs sort of turn things on their head.

GameboyAdv said:
It was legitimate when it came out, but these new calcs sort of turn things on their head.
Fair enough

Of course, the logic ScrewAttack uses to decide a victor isn't entirely synonymous to our own in the first place, hence why we don't use those as Notable Wins/Losses. Let's keep on-topic, though...

Mainly doing this for the lols of how rediculous it is to allow an RPG character no limits on equipment, I am going to calculate Cloud's speed multiplier based on him having no limits on equiping items and being able to stack Haste multiple times.

Lets say Cloud is at max level at the end of the original game and his dexterity is based on his average Dex at that level without Speed Sources. Based on this his average Dex at level 99 is 58.5 and I'm going to assume this is the value it is at when feats after the game are all made.

In the game it is possible to increase Cloud's Dex to 255 using Speed Sources from morphed enemies.

The Chocobracelet increases his Dex by another 30 and Choco Feather by another 10. being able to equip 99 of each (with no equipment limits based on the conditions in this argument) Cloud's base Dex becomes: 255 + 10 * 99 + 10 * 99 = 2235 or ~38.2 times his initial dex.

Now it's going to start to get fun.

There is a Speed Plus Materia that gives a bonus 50% to cloud's Dex, normally to a cap of +100%, but we're ignoring that.

Based on this, the total number of materia Cloud can equip in armour is: (1 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 2 + 4 + 7 + 8 + 2 + 5 + 6 + 4 + 5 + 4 + 4 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 8 + 4) * 99 or 12,870. This is excluding Swords (as this gives more options for Materia, and I'm lazy) and the Minerva Band (as Cloud can't equip it) and assumes 99 of each being equipped.

2235 * 12,870 * 0.5 = the bonus from Speed Plus Materia in armour = 14,382,225 + the Dex cloud already had = 14,384,460, or 245,888.2 times his initial Dex.

It should be noted here that ingame speed is Dex + 50, not raw Dex, so his speed is:

(14,384,460 + 50) / (58.5 + 50) = ~132,576.1 times faster than his current calcs.

Now to double it for each Sprint Shoes he can equip:

~132,576.1 * 2 ^ 99 = 8.403,01 * 10 ^ 34 times his current FTL speed.

Note that this number is a passive multiplier to his speed and not his real speed. Some numbers have been rounded.

Back