• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Live Action One Piece Discussion Thread

I love that Live Action shows blood and violation scenes like Zoro cutting Mr.7 in half and his organs are shown. Its not like the anime where it censors things. Best Live Action i have seen from all animangas so far

I love that Live Action shows blood and violation scenes like Zoro cutting Mr.7 in half and his organs are shown. Its not like the anime where it censors things. Best Live Action i have seen from all animangas so far
I could personally do without that part, but I realise that it may be necessary in order to market a pirate series beyond a kids to young teenagers audience.

Last edited:
Yay! It's the Netflix One Piece series release day, and what I have seen so far looks great. 💖🎊🥳🎉🎂🎖🏆

What do you all think?
Well, it looks so-so to me, although it's getting quite attractive when Luffy stretches, although I'm not really into real anime series ( like death note ), but this series a plot is very good.

Now that I realized that Luffy in the series wears sneakers and not a wooden sandal ( which is Luffy's traditional)

Has anyone noticed this curiosity?

I'm on episode 2 and I'm loving it! It goes in a different way than the original series (same general arcs and events, but the minor details are very different), but that doesn't bother me since I already knew and expected that it wasn't gonna be a 1 to 1 adaptation.

There has been a long writer's strike in Hollywood right now, so it will probably take a while, and the live-action series also needs to be popular with the viewers for Netflix to renew it.
I imagine, One Piece is a very popular thing, I don't doubt it won't have enough fame, even more so for younger people who don't know the work

I hope this strike ends soon

just about to start episode 8, so far i love it, i get that some ppl are gonna have problems with some things like arlong, but stuff like that really doesnt mean much to me. So for me personally its a 10, maybe some might see that as overhype but thats just my opinion.

That Zoro vs Mihawk theme tho, I have been listening to that all day I can't stop

4b5.jpg

Watched the first ep, it was pretty good. Definitely didn’t expect it to be an 1hr though.They also changed quite a bit, not only did luffy,zoro and Nani meet earlier there was also a lot of forshadowing for future characters and arcs.

I've been watching the anime and i on ep 490 or something, i gived the live action a try with the lowest spectations and honestly is pretty good, i noticed i'ts a lot more darker because of the blood and gore.

Last edited:
On ep 4 and i got say Inaki acting is really good perfect for luffy, Usopp was good as well, but i feel like Zoro is a lot more edgy and Nami is more serious.

Back