• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lookism small building+ downgrade

This is simple, the calc assumes that the width/depth is 11cm, this is very clearly a POV problem, its better to find the actual width of a safe instead of pixel scaling the depth because it doesn't work, I don't get how this went over DMUA's head, or I'm just wrong

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:RemainsAE/Lookism_-_Jichang_vaporizes
I believe it would just make the result higher, when you look something like that from that POV it looks smaller, also Pixel scaling can't be 100% accurate, there is no feat where Pixel scaling can be applied perfectly, I don't see much issues in 11 cm honestly.

I believe it would just make the result higher, when you look something like that from that POV it looks smaller, also Pixel scaling can't be 100% accurate, there is no feat where Pixel scaling can be applied perfectly, I don't see much issues in 11 cm honestly.
11 cm makes no sense, why would it make sense, a safes thickness is like 5cm at most

11 cm makes no sense, why would it make sense, a safes thickness is like 5cm at most
based on the pixel scaling it does and as I said from that POV it looks even smaller, I don't know if they are 5cm at most, maybe they are I don't know, but if you are right I believe the problem is in the safe's model he showed as base of the pixel scaling since it is clearly different, if you can find a similar one I can agree to change with the new one

based on the pixel scaling it does and as I said from that POV it looks even smaller, I don't know if they are 5cm at most, maybe they are I don't know, but if you are right I believe the problem is in the safe's model he showed as base of the pixel scaling since it is clearly different, if you can find a similar one I can agree to change with the new one
Can I pixel scale IRL images ? If so it should be easy

Well I believe is more reliable, but finding one with correct measures would be better but is hard I know
Yeah, I still think the feat should be removed though and recalced, I think we can both agree that its wrong, whether it be a low or high ball, the feat is still wrong and should be removed

Yeah, I still think the feat should be removed though and recalced, I think we can both agree that its wrong, whether it be a low or high ball, the feat is still wrong and should be removed
I never really said it's wrong because I have no idea if 11 cm is reliable like your 5 cm but based on pixel scaling it is valid, maybe I will do some research later

I never really said it's wrong because I have no idea if 11 cm is reliable like your 5 cm but based on pixel scaling it is valid, maybe I will do some research later
Its a POV problem, 11cm for the thickness of a safe doesn't sound right

I don't get how this went over DMUA's head
this happens a lot

I think shortly after I accepeted it I went "Hang on shouldn't I have checked if whatever did this actually qualifies as something that would cause vaporization" but just kinda left it alone

I don't really care about volume, but the problem is the assumption that it's evaporation.

And yes, of course it's not evaporation. We can clearly see the debris. I'm more fine with pulverizing.

this happens a lot

I think shortly after I accepeted it I went "Hang on shouldn't I have checked if whatever did this actually qualifies as something that would cause vaporization" but just kinda left it alone
So can we remove it since or at least figure out something to do with it ? Also thanks for the reply

I also think more context of the feat should be included, I kinda doubt it's genuinely something that would count for vaporization

Is there no image of the safe actually being struck by something to have this result

That's what I was kinda referring to, need more context as to what actually hit it to cause the damage

Is there no image of the safe actually being struck by something to have this result

That's what I was kinda referring to, need more context as to what actually hit it to cause the damage
Jichangs hand, give me a little and I will find the chapter

This is simple, the calc assumes that the width/depth is 11cm, this is very clearly a POV problem, its better to find the actual width of a safe instead of pixel scaling the depth because it doesn't work, I don't get how this went over DMUA's head, or I'm just wrong

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:RemainsAE/Lookism_-_Jichang_vaporizes_a_safe
I personally don't think the 11 cm is the problem. Without any POV problem, it should be more and not less. That's what's the main thing.

I personally don't think the 11 cm is the problem. Without any POV problem, it should be more and not less. That's what's the main thing.
How would it be more? It measures the other dimensions from a side that's angled toward the POV, notably making it look shorter, thereby making all the other dimensions bigger than they should be.

It absolutely should be less.

Last edited:
Another proof that the safe basically vaporizes because it was so hot. 🥵
nah but for real though it's sus. Like i get the gist but it's preferable if we see the actual feat or at least any additional context since for all we know he could have fragmented and and the chunks were cleaned out or fell outside of the safe from the impact, or inside out of our view. If someone is said to have destroyed a mountain and we don't see many remains, i doubt we'd instantly assume it was pulverized. Pulverization of steel is even less common so it indeed feels sus.

Because now I don't have a computer with me. So I can't reply in calc, so I'll reply here instead.

Okay, let's go back and look at the Destruction Values standards.
Pulverization: Applied when the matter that was destroyed was turned to dust. We usually use this value when we see no remains of the matter that was destroyed in the aftermath of the attack.
Vaporization: Applied when the matter that was destroyed was vaporised during the attack. Much like for Pulverization, we usually use this value when we see no remains of the matter that was destroyed in the attack, but in addition there has to be a considerable amount of visible vapor and/or character statements that imply vaporization, usually the latter.
Of course, feats involving turning into vapor typically require clear context or a specific type of destruction, which is not the case here since it's merely hand chopping. The occurrence of smoke doesn't necessarily mean vaporization, and we can see some remnants of dust. Therefore, using Pulverization as the value is safer.

Vaporization may be caused by Contamination: If the iron being chopped contains impurities or surface coatings, such as oils, paints, or other substances, these impurities can vaporize or release smoke when exposed to heat or physical agitation during the chopping process.

Again, we need clear context regarding the transformation of iron into vapor. If there is no such context, then it cannot be used.

Of course, feats involving turning into vapor typically require clear context or a specific type of destruction, which is not the case here since it's merely hand chopping. The occurrence of smoke doesn't necessarily mean vaporization, and we can see some remnants of dust. Therefore, using Pulverization as the value is safer.
wait they were arguing for vaporization? Bruh.
Literally in the same chapter we see the same effect when a guy punches a rock and it's clearly not burned or anything.

nah but for real though it's sus. Like i get the gist but it's preferable if we see the actual feat or at least any additional context since for all we know he could have fragmented and and the chunks were cleaned out or fell outside of the safe from the impact, or inside out of our view. If someone is said to have destroyed a mountain and we don't see many remains, i doubt we'd instantly assume it was pulverized. Pulverization of steel is even less common so it indeed feels sus.
vaporization arguments are extremely tight on the wiki and you'd need like a lot of supporting evidence for that.
If that's the case, then I agree. 🗿

Back