• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lookism: Speed Upgrade

It has already been addressed & agreed upon in the thread regarding the speed downgrade of the verse that none of them were that fast. Them being that insanely fast when they can't even dodge a bullet without aim dodge is just ridiculous. This kinda of post is getting annoying, tbh. It feels like we all didn't read the same Manhwa.

I haven't read everything in the PTJ, tho the only time I remember where they didn't dodge a bullet is in manager kim but can be easily taken ad him intentionally faking to be dead to surprise then enemy later in the fight.

In that thread all I see is talking about downgrading other calcs and not making the verse cap at bullet speed.

If I missed it could you send the specific part in the thread where you talked about the bullets thing?

Almost everyone is in full agreement of the nerfs that PTJ characters should have. Check these two threads for more information.
. He is referring the discussion we fans had in the Lookism discussion thread. You can see a bunch of reasoning behind it in the comment section of that post. Just so you know, their profiles used to be way faster than that in the calculations.

ok, so the verse isn't accepted to cap at bullet level?

all it's accepted is that other calcs about other feats are bad?

ok, so the verse isn't accepted to cap at bullet level?

all it's accepted is that other calcs about other feats are bad?
The calcs aren't bad. The reason it was put down is because of what I said. I recommend reading the comments on that post and also the discussions fans had in the Lookism Discussion Thread on this site. I dislike repeating things.
The most important thing that would severely damage the scaling is that no character is actually shown to be as fast as the results of the calculation, because the fiction still considers the limitation of 'firearms' as an unavoidable part, plus Hypersonic+ for a schoolboy fighting fiction with the limits of normal logic interspersed with a little superpower would not make sense to be able to exceed the speed of Jet. - Thread 2.
I don't know exactly how to directly link the statements where they provided reasoning and scans for it, so I recommend just reading it.

Last edited:
Wasn’t Hansu dodging bullets without aim dodging? (Didn’t read the chapter but I’ve seen someone mention it).

they are outright surprised on how he was capable of dodging them, if the scene was played around him not being able to dodge them but him being enough skilled to aim dodge them by doing weird movements... It wouldn't really make sense, I feel like they would have said something else.

It has already been addressed & agreed upon in the thread regarding the speed downgrade of the verse that none of them were that fast. Them being that insanely fast when they can't even dodge a bullet without aim dodge is just ridiculous. This kinda of post is getting annoying, tbh. It feels like we all didn't read the same Manhwa.
Huh? Hansoo dodged in Manager many bullets. I also saw other panels "i guess its in viral-hit".

Assuming peak human throwing speed for old people who are on drugs is weird. Also, here we see some of these rocks are so small theres no way you can go with the assumption he punched all of these once. I'd also like to add that Kid Johan was comparable to a Kid/Teen Zack Lee, Zack Lee lost to Logan Lee and Logan Lee lost to Jay and actually got blitzed, Jay's attacks here are comfirmed to be around 69 m/s (Subsonic). There is no way that Kid Johan scales to HHS+.

Kid Johan and that Zack werent comparable, Johan always won against Zack except for the last fight in the recent chapters (right?).

Johan profile, the reasons for his speed tier is that he is faster than Zack, also I remember Johan could one shot dudes who were relative if not stronger than Zack, before fighting UI Daniel.

Also Jay Speed was stated to be >69 m/s and not to cap at 69 m/s

And another thing, Gun stated that Johan never trained his "hardware" which is his weakness and therefore will never improve his stats, so Johan last Key should be more less equal to Johan First Key as he only does what he does due to his talent, the fact Zack could only match a weaker version (due to Johan's eyes problem) of Johan only recently, later than what you described, doesn't really tell me yeah Zack early on the serie was on pair with Johan.

Last edited:
Kid Johan and that Zack werent comparable, Johan always won against Zack except for the last fight in the recent chapters (right?).
Zack stated that Johan copied his technique and also his posture. Johan was as fast as Zack there (I'm talking about Johan in the cult flashback).
Also Jay Speed was stated to be >69 m/s and not to cap at 69 m/s
It's stated to exceed 69 m/s which means it's at least close to 69 m/s lmao. They wouldn't state that as a fact if Jay was HHS+ or something. Also the "Even Logan can't deal with that" statement kinda proves how even 69 m/s is too much for Logan to handle.
And another thing, Gun stated that Johan never trained his "hardware" which is his weakness and therefore will never improve his stats, so Johan last Key should be more less equal to Johan First Key as he only does what he does due to his talent, the fact Zack could only match a weaker version (due to Johan's eyes problem) of Johan only recently, later than what you described, doesn't really tell me yeah Zack early on the serie was on pair with Johan.
They were comparable early serie but Johan kept matching and even surpassing Zack speed wise and copying his techniques through his Accelerated Development and Copycat ability.

Zack stated that Johan copied his technique and also his posture. Johan was as fast as Zack there (I'm talking about Johan in the cult flashback).
Yeah, not his speed, especially when Johan no diffed Zack
They were comparable early serie but Johan kept matching and even surpassing Zack speed wise and copying his techniques through his Accelerated Development and Copycat ability.
Johan never trains his stats, he just copies the skill.

I reread the chapter when they fight, Zack dodges a punch and After Johan says "now for real" and After we see Zack got no diffed, when did Zack matched a serious Johan exactly?

Later Zack quota boxing getting even weaker, so Logan Is comparable to a weaker Zack as fase as I remember, he only matches Johan recently when he can beat Logan Lee

And Johan is also permanently weaker after the cult since his eyes problem was getting even more dangerous, so he was never in his prime in first place, it's stated in the recent chapter.

So I don't think Zack matched a serious Johan with his eyes in good contitions, during the feat Johan was serious and had his eyes in good contitions.

Last edited:
Johan never trains his stats, he just copies the skill.
Alr so Teen Johan is equal to guys like Yuseong, Current Zack, Jake and Eli? Checks out ig.
I reread the chapter when they fight, Zack dodges a punch and After Johan says "now for real" and After we see Zack got no diffed, when did Zack matched a serious Johan exactly?
I was talking about the cult flashback. Johan was comparable to Zack there and Johan surpassed Zack after that.
Later Zack quota boxing getting even weaker, so Logan Is comparable to a weaker Zack as fase as I remember, he only matches Johan recently when he can beat Logan Lee
I never saw a statement of him becoming weaker after quitting boxing.
And Johan is also permanently weaker after the cult since his eyes problem was getting even more dangerous, so he was never in his prime in first place, it's stated in the recent chapter.
Some evidence of Johan getting stronger despite his eye problem. You fully misunderstood Johan's eye problem. It doesn't make him weaker over time. It prevents him from using his full potential.

All the scans are without context, the only one with statements is against Gun which doesn't make sense for him to be comparable to Gun as Gun can more less no diff everyone with few exceptions, I dont exactly remember the scene but he was probably holding back, I mean in the recent chapters they had to call basically everyone to take down Gun.

Also yeah, him not reaching is full potential means he isn't at his 100% so...

All the scans are without context, the only one with statements is against Gun which doesn't make sense for him to be comparable to Gun as Gun can more less no diff everyone with few exceptions, I dont exactly remember the scene but he was probably holding back, I mean in the recent chapters they had to call basically everyone to take down Gun.
You really need to re-read if you don't remember the contexts here. Also, that's not about being comparable to Gun at all. It's about Johan going from not even being able to reach Gun to having his punches get blocked by Gun.
Also yeah, him not reaching is full potential means he isn't at his 100% so...
That's like me saying "Me currently at my %50 is weaker than my full power as a 5 year old." People can still develop past their younger years strength wise even if they don't give it their all.

Scan 1 and Scan 2 shows Johan's growth in his early years. Scan 3 and 4 shows Johan developing past Eli. Scan 5 and 6 shows his development aganist Gun. Scan 7 and 8 might be symbolic so I'm just gonna skip mover them. Scan 9 and 10 once again shoıws his development. Scan 11 and 12 shows him going from getting no diffed by UI Daniel to being able to copy his strength for some time.

Also, there are some more evidence about how Kid Johan being HHS+ making no sense. Here we see Logan blitzing Zack who is stronger than his kid self. Logan got blitzed by Jay who is close to 69 m/s (Subsonic). This means that Kid Zack is slower than Subsonic speeds. Kid Zack can track Kid Johan's movements and tell that he copied his combos to defeat the guys. Kid Johan is supposed to be HHS+ according to the calc which makes absolutely no sense as Kid Zack who isn't even close to 69 m/s can track his movements.

U can check out the eighth chapter of Manager Kim.
Manager Kim and the other two are ex-military, just like Samdak. All of them dodge gunfires b repositioning themselves out of the attack's path before it's even fired. And that "Impossible" statement from the two essentially debunks this bs calcu, as that version of Johan is comparable to previous Taehoon.

Manager Kim and the other two are ex-military, just like Samdak. All of them dodge gunfires b repositioning themselves out of the attack's path before it's even fired
Except all of the feats you showed are done by avoiding the gunpoint before the bullet was even fired.
I guess you have a point here,

the verse have some calcs from transonic to supersonic+ currently, just saying that if bullets are a problem for lookism they shouldn't be there imo

Seems pretty evident that this calc is bad and breaks the verse wide open. I'm against this. This scene is quite frankly not made with the intent to be scaled like that and due to that it gives such an unreal result that goes against everything in the series.

Bu hesabın kötü olduğu ve ayeti tamamen açıkladığı oldukça açık görünüyor. Ben buna karşıyım. Bu sahne açıkçası bu şekilde ölçeklendirilmek amacıyla yapılmadı ve bu nedenle dizideki her şeye aykırı olacak kadar gerçek dışı bir sonuç veriyor.
Your answer is really ridiculous. you call "reality" as you call it is completely violated in the verse on . Is it not normal for a normal person to regenerate his wounds in the verse, but is it unrealistic for him to reach HHYP+ speed?

Your answer is really ridiculous. you call "reality" as you call it is completely violated in the verse on . Is it not normal for a normal person to regenerate his wounds in the verse, but is it unrealistic for him to reach HHYP+ speed?
It is unrealistic because most people including god tiers make a big deal out of a gun, while Johan from the looks of it can blitz fricking fighter jets.

It is unrealistic because most people including god tiers make a big deal out of a gun, while Johan from the looks of it can blitz fricking fighter jets.

According to the fiction, this is a completely possible situation, in fact, personally I would not be surprised if such a situation took place in the verse, but I would find it absurd lol.

Manager Kim and the other two are ex-military, just like Samdak. All of them dodge gunfires b repositioning themselves out of the attack's path before it's even fired. And that "Impossible" statement from the two essentially debunks this bs calcu, as that version of Johan is comparable to previous Taehoon.
Im either blind or smth is wrong lol. Hansoo clearly dodged gunfires in Chapter 8. Hansoo didnt move before firing. Hansoo dodged everything while the fat dude was shotting at him

Last edited:
Back