• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low-Godly Regen For Edo Tensei ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edo Tensei should have Low-Godly Regenerationn as they can regenerate as long as their soul is intact.

In Chapter 521, it was stated by Kabuto to Tobi/Obito that the only way to defeat the Edo tensei was to do something to their souls.

The only reason TSBs are able to do anything is because they negate the Edo tensei jutsu.

Prove to me that Edo's can come back from complete atomic destruction, let alone Macro Quantum levels of destruction. Low God isn't getting passed.

Well to be fair, thats what Low Godly is. As long as the soul exists and you regen from that, then its Low-Godly not NLF.

That said, scans about this would be nice so it at least has something backing it up.

That is why I asked for scans to be posted so even considering it is possible.

Otherwise, taking his word for it is definitely not happening.

Nah, what matters is how much you regenerate, not what you regenerate from. Edo tensei best feat of regenration is this which shows the whole body coming back from shreds. Other feats have just been partial destruction like dust style just atomizing madaras shoulder or tsb destroying limbs. Regen on wiki is quantified based on how little one is able to regenerate themselves from. No one has come back from an attack that would consititue that regen tier.

@whis that doesn't mean the soul itself, he's likely talking about the revived people since in the beginning of the war, everyone was sealing the edo tensei's entire body to defeat them, not their souls.

@theglassman: But he talks about the revived people themselves in the same line and refers to them as edo tensei.

Also, you are right, the only way they could be beaten was by being sealed. Remember, the Naruto verse has the ability to destroy stuff on a molecular level.

I don't see how sealing their souls means they're destroying them though. It just makes the Edo's immobile, trapped in the sealing case until the jutsu is lifted and their souls return to the afterlife.

IMO. If dust release was never mentioned as a way to destroy edo tensei, then that justifies at least Mid-High regen.

Edit: and that's at the very least.

WoG states Deidara can continuously blow himself up with C0. This is backed by the manga:

• Was about to do just that
  • Tobirama did just that
Not only this, but Edos have shown to regenerate damage that disintegrates on a molecular level.

Pretty much, the statements in the Manga and by Kishi plus Manga feats all suggest that as long as the body (Or particles of the body) exist, it will reform. Even then, Tobirama has a statement that implies erasing the body means nothing.

Low mid Regenerationn can also regenerate from molecular and atomic damage. For High regen you'd need to prove your character can regenerate from a singular cell. And Deidara can vaporize things not destroy on an atomic level. Saying that Edo Tensei's can regenerate above what they've shown is reaching into the NLF territory.

Also feats >>> statements.

No one in Naruto has destroyed the Edo Tensei bodies to such an extent that would justify Low-Godly Regen.

If Kaguya doesn't have it, then there's no way in hell that the Edo Tensei bodies have it.

Yeah im gonna have to side with Rep on this one.

Low-Godly seems way too speculative, especially when the main focus of the evidence, Kabuto, only says sealing the souls of edos, not destroying them.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
I don't see how sealing their souls means they're destroying them though. It just makes the Edo's immobile, trapped in the sealing case until the jutsu is lifted and their souls return to the afterlife.
This is not true, sealing or trapping an Edo tensei body has no effect on its soul.

He never stated that they come back from vaporization. He said that their conscious is put into the reanimated corpses.

Theglassman12 said:
He never stated that they come back from vaporization. He said that their conscious is put into the reanimated corpses.
Screenshot 2018-03-22-22-51-07
3rd Paragraph:
"Out of Kabuto's army, Deidara is my favorite character. Honestly, i think the edo tensei reanimation could make him the deadliest character because he can come back after he uses his special power to explode hinself."

Read the full thing. Nit only that, but you're only describing how edos are created.

And again, we've seen edo tensei's get their limbs blown off without any Regenerationn. WoG isn't always consistent when they contradict themselves.

Theglassman12 said:
And again, we've seen edo tensei's get their limbs blown off without any Regenerationn. WoG isn't always consistent when they contradict themselves.
When has this ever happened, apart from TSBs.

Reppuzan said:
@Whis

Then bring up a scan of an Edo Tensei regenerating from just a soul.
The closest thing to this I can recall is Hiruzen being hit by a non-ninjutsu negating tsb, and still being fine and regenerating without any trouble.

Honestly, we should take feats as first priority over statements and WOG. That being said what's the best an Edo Tensei regenerate from that we've seen?

When looking for the scan on *********, I realized that the new one piece chapter is out, I will read it and then look for the scan.

LordWhis said:
When looking for the scan on *********, I realized that the new one piece chapter is out, I will read it and then look for the scan.
Link me when your done :^) haven't read the new chapter yet.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Honestly, we should take feats as first priority over statements and WOG. That being said what's the best an Edo Tensei regenerate from that we've seen?
Madara regened his whole body after tengai shinsei

not sure but think thats the best one

at best Edo can regen from attacks that turn their bodies into dust, it was discussed with Kaguya thread aswell. Edo and Kaguya should Mid-high regen.

There's no evidence to support they regen anything higher, anything higher would be pure speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back