• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low-Tier monster AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimmyJibbsJr

They/Them
The calcs in question are here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Mr._Bambu/Monster_Hunter_Calc_Dump:_Low_Tier_Bit_Feats

So, I've been thinking this for a while but never really got around to making anything about this, but why exactly did we settle on the City Block level feat for the low-tier monsters when we never see a low-tier monster full-on freeze Anjanath? The only time we see an Anjanath get fully frozen is when an Elder Dragon does it in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, and even then the City Block level rating comes from freezing Uragaan, which I don't think ever gets fully frozen by anything.

Personally, I think we should lower the low-tier monsters as well as the Monster Hunter to the Large Building Level value that was found in the blog post above (specifically, 2.14 Tons of TnT as performed by Barroth), but I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on the matter.

Uragaan was used as a bigger monster to affect with freezing. It was a hypothetical, sure, but still. That said, define "full on freezing"? The calc above isn't even for stopping-functions-by-freezing. It's just for reducing their body heat to icy temperatures.

When I said full on freezing, I meant that they were frozen solid.

And even then, what proof do we have that their body temperatures are in fact being lowered to such a state? iirc, we don't exactly see any monsters being effected in this way, even in-game, outside of those that were frozen solid by the likes of an Elder Dragon or something.

The most I can think of is a small spray of ice that appears when you hit a monster with an ice element weapon, and even then it vanishes quickly and is only over that one spot that was hit. Even so, I don't think that the Snowman status effect that applies to Hunters even properly applies to the monsters. At least from what I recall, we don't really see anything like that for the monsters.

@Mr. Bambu

What do you think that we should do here?

Mostly waiting to see what other supporters think, as this was posted to the central thread for the verse. The 8-B part of the calc was based on an assumption that ice statuses that can affect one monster of that level could theoretically affect another, though granted this is never shown since the monster I used as a baseline is relatively new.

I don't feel strongly in either direction but I stand by the 8-B calc being theoretically legitimate.

Hypothetically even IF the freezing large monster stuff can't be used, I feel like Banbaro would be a great monster to scale from, for low tier monsters;

• Its significantly larger than Barroth who has a High 8-C feat
  • Its still an early game/low tier monster that gets completely dominated by apex tier monsters like Barioth
  • In its intro it was causing what looks to be a mini avalanche and manages to easily shatter an obstacle made out of wood and snow.
  • In its fight; it's capable of lifting, moving as well as crushing huge boulders (not too dissimilar to Tetsucabra)
Thoughts?

• Barroth's feat isn't about its size, its about the size of the thing destroyed. I don't think Banbaro has another feat on that scale, though it is stronger than Barroth.
  • I mean sure I guess
  • Shattering snow isn't too impressive, I'm not certain of the following but it is my personal belief that the destruction would be lower than destroying the boulders in Wildspire
  • Sure, and trees too.

What Mr. Bambu has accepted can probably be applied.

I don't think we should scale to something we cant prove. Sure it's possible that Giadrome could freeze Uragaan, but if it hasn't happened then it's not a feat. Whereas many other calcs in that thread came out around Building level, including the freezing calc that actually happens, and most of those seem pretty casual.

I think Barroths High 8-C calc should be used for tier 8 monsters, considering he's a pretty early game monster, the others should scale above him, and the other Building level calcs on the thread didn't require much effort for any of the monsters, so can be used as supporting feats.

Sorry for not responding earlier, but I agree with Kieran. Sure, it might be possible, but we never actually see that kind of thing before and thus it's unreliable imo.

I think monsters should scale to High 8-C as the feat giving them 8-B cannot be proven, so I agree with the OP.

So is the consensus here that the OP suggestion can be applied?

By the looks of it, a low rank Monster Hunter will be on the high end of High 8-C here's the scaling chain: baseline <=> fodder beginner tier large monsters (most "drome/great" monsters) < low-tier monsters (e.g Barroth and Tetsucabra) < stronger low tier monsters (e.g Banbaro and Kecha Wacha) < mid-tier monsters (e.g: Rathian and Uragaan) < Apex-tier monsters (e.g Rathalos and most flagships) <=> certain subspecies/tougher Apexes (e.g Yian Garuga and Seregios) < Low rank Monster Hunter.

Also I've said this before and I agree all large MH monsters should have Enhanced Senses, Large Size AND Natural Weaponry by default.

Yeah monsters should have all of those too.

Looks like the general consensus is yes the OP should be applied.

yup, another battle can be made though with them at High 8-C so it can be recovered...

lol sorry man. All 8-B battles have been removed now and I've cleaned up some mistakes on the profiles.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back