• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucy speed upgrade

"This is credited to Iwandesu from OBD wiki"

Okay, first to upgrade Lucy to low LOW hypersonic.

1. The gun Drake had, is a type 47 long range hunting rifle. http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Type_74_Long-Range_Rifle.

2. Since it's a long range, it's just like modern hunting rifles.

3. The muzzle velocity for modern hunting rifles are 5,600 ft/s

4. 5,600 ft/s = 4.976327 mach.

5. Rounded up to 5 mach.

6. 5 mach = hypersonic.

7. The speed you would need to stop the bullet at point blank range is probably EVEN HIGHER but we'll keep it at mach 5 for now.

I'm sure someone could make an argument about it not being a normal hunting rifle or something.....

Whatever, I'm fine with this upgrade.

Ehhhmmm.... which rifle has a muzzle velocity of mach 5?

I have no idea about rifles, but looking at a randomly choosen bunch of sniper rifles from a list of wikipedia I get most muzzle velocitys to be half that (mostly between 750 m/s and 900 m/s / about between Mach 2 and Mach 2.7).

"Modern rifles with high-performance cartridges such as the .220 Swift and .204 Ruger go all the way to 1,700 m/s.

DontTalk said:
Ehhhmmm.... which rifle has a muzzle velocity of mach 5?
I have no idea about rifles, but looking at a randomly choosen bunch of sniper rifles from a list of wikipedia I get most muzzle velocitys to be half that (mostly between 750 m/s and 900 m/s / about between Mach 2 and Mach 2.7).
Oh wait. This makes sense. I want to know now as well...

WhiteSnakeSage said:
"Modern rifles with high-performance cartridges such as the .220 Swift and .204 Ruger go all the way to 1,700 m/s.

That are high velocity bullets. From what I get most Rifles do not use that fast ones. Even very modern ones have only about 800-900 m/s bullets. For example this one, or this one. Even this one tops at Mach 3.

So as long as you can not proof that this is far above average velocity ammunition, after modern world standards, I don´t think this is legit.

Well, the thing is that we should also take into account her distance to the rifle to estimate her speed. How far away was she from the shooter?

2. Since it's a long range, it's just like modern hunting rifles.

FT world =/= our modern world...

True. Their technological progress should be inferior.

Flare roasted her thighs IIRC

If Flare could speedblitz Lucy, they wouldn't even be a match up. Lucy is clearly much stronger and in terms of speed, they are on par. Because if Flare could speedblitz Lucy, then how come Lucy could cut her hair when it was launched at her?[1] And even if we are talking about that surpise attack, its mainly because Lucy couldn't see the attack approaching her. You could assume that maybe she was too confused about the attack. I don't think that's really a speed blitz.

But given that this is a relatively technologically primitive society, we do not know the exact speed of the rifle, and it would also depend on Lucy's distance to the shooter.

@Antvasima Would this be helpful? http://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/346/21 She dodged two shots and he was far away and hidden. I'll try to find a better picture to give distance.

Back