• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy is stronger but swords are his weaknesses. Zoro can cut his arms if he sees an opportunity

G3 (AoE) and Luffy one-shots. Zoro holds stamina advantage but its is pretty useless since Luffy stamina is almost equal. Luffy holds a massive range advantage. Luffy is also faster using G2 and idk if Zoro could keep with his speed even using his Analytical Prediction.

And I don't think that Zoro would have such an advantage from using slashing attacks, remember Luffy could tank two Rankyakus.

The 7-C calc was revised so the High 7-C scaling is as well. The only High 7-Cs in Enies Lobby Will be Luffy, Lucci, Asura Zoro and possibly Diable Jambe Sanji.

As for the Thriller Bark scaling, unsure at the moment.

Rei Rubro said:
@Pachi

You don't need launch projectiles to fight in a long distance.
Point is that its his hands. Something that if Zoro cuts, he id damaged. So your "range advantage" is null.

It's not just the hands but the whole body, and Luffy has control over it. How Zoro will cut something that moves faster than him?

Rei Rubro said:
It's not just the hands but the whole body, and Luffy has control over it. How Zoro will cut something that moves faster than him?
That has nothing to do with range advantage, though.

Basically, the range advantage you would get from a gun is not the same as the advantage of your fist extending.

Shooting a gun at an opponent doesn't effect you after the bullet leaves the gun. Bullet gets close and if Zoro cuts the bullet, it's not cutting you.

A stretchy fist on the other "hand"...

Luffy still stretches for kilometers and can attack at this distance and Zoro won't just cut Luffy if he stretches because he can control his body. Btw, range itself won't be a definite factor in the fight and Luffy won't even have to keep distance to win.

That speed feat is High Hypersonic.

Rei Rubro said:
Zoro won't just cut Luffy if he stretches because he can control his body. Btw, range itself won't be a definite factor in the fight.
I know Luffy will be... well, not in your face, but close. However, what do you mean Zoro won't cut it, because Pre-Time skip Luffy can change the direction of his punches in mid attack?

Zoro FRA

Saying Zoro won't/can't cut Luffy's strike is saying Luffy is massively superior to Zoro on a physical level. Which can't be, as the series and the enemies they have fought, have implied Zoro is not that far from Luffy.

Even if Luffy is physically stronger, it doesn't matter, cut. Gear 2 doesn't raise Luffy's defense like Haki.

It will be the last time I say. I hope the OP isn't counting only votes for Zoro.

Zoro don't ignores Luffy durability. Luffy has shown resist to slashing attacks in Water 7 arc, and Gear Second makes Luffy far faster than Zoro, being very difficult for him reachs Luffy. Not to mention Gear Third likely kills Zoro in One-Shot.

Zoro's only advantage is stamina (since this is TB Zoro) and that won't be a determining factor.

Luffy has experience against opponents that use slashing attacks so it even will be a surprise him. Not mention that Luffy knows Zoro's fighting style he is not a dumb to let himself being cut so easily.

I'm not saying that Luffy low-diffs Zoro, but he takes it, this is how I see it.

Inconclusive.

@pachi: I don't think that was intended to be future sight. The only straw hat to demonstrate Keb Haki pre-ya was Zoro in Alabasta.

I agree with that as well tbh^ felt like that was more of overwhelming pressure and fear because for one Luffy couldn't even concentrate in that situation to try and coincidentally use future sight

Inept users can awake Haki in stressful situations. To say Luffy wasn't concentrated it's half-true, because he was looking to get past Mihawk whatever it takes, and Mihawk being that strong means that Luffy had to concentrate on him if he wanted to get past him.

Koby was far from calm and concentrated and yet he was hearing the 'voices' in the battlefield in the very same arc.

Oh, my, I forgot to count Rei's vote

Zoro: 2

Luffy: 3

Incon: 1

I think Mihawk somehow hypnotised Luffy with his eyes and made him see what would happen ? We'll only really understand it in later chapters. Besides, I'm not sure if Oda even had the idea of future sight at that stage in the series.

The Calaca said:
>Mihawk hypnotized Luffy

Headcanon.
Didn't Boa say something about people getting hypnotised by Mihawk's eyes ? Nonetheless, saying he had future sight is headcanon too. We're all just making assumptions about an event that has yet to be explained.

I'm don't know if this could be added since the scaling for Thriller Bark is rather shaky atm.

Zoro has Analytical Prediction that will allow him to somewhat combat Gear Second Luffy's speed. Gear Third is Zoro's biggest problem as it has the potential to possibly one-shot Zoro, maybe, don't know, scaling is not fix. Zoro has plenty of stat amps with Asura, Shishi-Sonson, muscles bulking and Shusui.

And if Zoro is pushed to the brink of death, he could possibly enter the Breath of All Things state, where his senses are enhanced where it could possibly border Precognition tbh.

You know what I realised that Zoro is listed as At least High 7C while Luffy is just regular High 7C.

I change my vote to Zoro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back