• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mackenzie Peterson Irvaron vs Taiga Snow

Max would be able to counter her Soul Manipulation due to his SoulBounds (Summoning), which were made to made his soul. Precognition might help, but Max has Summoning, Teleportation, and Portal Creation, so his agility's gonna be hard to beat.

she has all those powers but in a higher form and she battles pepole who also have thos powers so she would know how to deal with it with her gifted intelgence and she also has summoning (she can summon her dad, that mememer of kars she killed and much more that she killed that are as strong as she is)

She's not the only intelligent one, though; Max has genius intelligence in Strategy/Tactics. His summons are versatile, too - whilst Solaris is a knight with a large sword focusing up-close, Winger's an alicorn with long range.

"his SoulBounds (Summoning), which were made to made his soul"

...made to made his soul? Can you clarify?

Alright. So, this is Taiga with her Base Form powerset, and Mackenzie here has Keysage's powers but not Hope of the World, if I'm not mistaken.

How does Mackenzie fight in-character against a random enemy, under Standard Battle Assumptions? What would he start with? How would he progress from there?

He'd probably start with multiple arrows, using portals to get around. If Taiga tries to get in close, he'll probably get pwned at first before using Solaris and retreating. And yes, Keysage but not Hope of the World.

Okay, so,

Raw Power: As impressive as "nearly destroyed the planet Finnary" sounds on paper, it... has no Calculation... or point of reference... or anything, really. Meanwhile, Taiga apparently scales to 20.831 Exatons of TNT, or 20831 Petatons, literally thousands of times what I'm only allowed to assume is Mackenzie's... four and a half. Yikes.

Toughness: See above. Basically, any Win Condition contingent on dealing damage is about as likely to happen as me IRL being able to chop down a brick wall with a razor, as that's what trying to cut through durability thousands of times your paygrade (even with fine-edged/armor-piercing weapons!) is basically trying for.

Intelligence: Taiga's technically more consistent, but I'm inclined to throw this bone slightly in Mackenzie's direction, if only because tactical/combat knowledge is more likely to be relevant in... combat. And it's a one-step difference, each way.

Range: Uh, Mackenzie. By a lot. Kilometers vs. Thousands of kilometers, even for a less-used category, isn't a joke.

Stamina: ?? All I have for either is "Extremely High", and Mackenzie doesn't even have stamina feats listed.

Physical/"Lifting" Strength: (sees both have no Lifting Strength feats and are basically equivalent in the category to ordinary people) tiduslaugh.mp4

Battlefield Control: Mackenzie's got a dedicated ranged weapon, a hella range advantage, portals, bullet hell, and summoning in his pocket for this. ...Taiga counters almost all of it with that aforementioned durability advantage, plus locking down large areas with black ice storms, turning all of Mackenzie's fire attacks into black ice, and her own bigger, badder summons. The RWBY-esque Glyphs may not trump straight up portals since she lacks true flight in this form, but between their dual purpose as traps and her athletic training they should at least in theory open the odd window or few for a proper attack between Mackenzie's portal-spam into a more cozy range.

...really, this feels like a cool-in-concept fight that suffers from a misleading AP disparity, because High 6-A is a dickish tier where the highest and lowest people are literally thousands of times apart. Technically, if it's alright with you all, I can put this fight on hold until this whole "nearly destroyed the planet Finnary" thing gets a proper Calculation to its name.

Until then, a couple more questions for @Maxl: One, what is Mackenzie's Mind/Soul Manipulation do, and how does it work? Two, what are his best feats with it? Three, how likely is he to use that in character?

What about his Spatial Manipulation and Sealing? (Same questions there.)

...but you link to a ~20 Exaton feat right there in the profile. You say she shook the world by manually shaking the tectonic plates, then in the same breath link to the ~20 Exaton result. It's right there in the profile.

...clicks again to double check

Could've sworn last night it was Exatons

Nope, it is in fact 20.831 Petatons

Tom
(All of my points still stand, in any case)

I just use this app to make their looks

She is a STRW oc and I'm making a verse page with some help

Back