• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madara meteors + Perfect Susanoo

I gave you my input directly in the thread, but yeah I still agree. I think the biggest offense is the changing of the size of Madara's meteors when we are literally shown several times how they are shaped. Changing a canon shape/size for a calc is a pretty big no-no.

This: https://i.imgur.com/gElDpXo.png

does not match up with these:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YfMXZFEbS...lwFLLffAmNZNo1jkLtadlgCHM/s16000/0560-016.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OaAciJOYo...31Ri_cNLLJhnCBkfazpFUACHM/s16000/0561-002.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5l69WVoqV...bJ4_vldmCtekM8SD5W4-UACHM/s16000/0561-003.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-32ZBOV6Lz...iECAvFysw5VDwY2jg4soiQCHM/s16000/0561-004.png

Madara's meteors are ellipsoids or prolate spheroids. I have not changed their shape in any of my calculations, if lowballed them a bit because they are a bit wider than what I placed them at.

Whether my original calc was off or not, this is more precise and keeps the overall result the same. The only thing here that is indeed arguable in m view is to add a low end for cross section area instead of hemispherical SA since the shockwave seems to have spread across only one direction

Gonna be honest I too found the the ellipsoid drawn around it to be a bit iffy. Though Keps seond one in his comment above seems more likely.

Did you want me to draw a shape you can clearly see in 3 different areas?

And it's the same rock, canon has nothing to do with the same drawing.

Except your redraw is objectively wrong, far more than the new quick resketch I reposted. Madara's Tengai Shinsei is never portrayed as a perfect sphere, and always as a prolate spheroid\an ellipsoid. Far narrower than what you got.

What I did is far closer to the shape it's portrayed, if a bit less wide than what it should be.

He said they are not perfect spheres, also those are seen at an angle IRL is you see an ellipsoid from below is would look more spherical.

Actually, look at the remnants of the meteor. The bottom part is intact. The edges suggest a prolate spheroid\narrow ellipsoid, which is exactly what I scaled.

Rocker1189 said:
He said they are not perfect spheres, also those are seen at an angle IRL is you see an ellipsoid from below is would look more spherical.
Re-read.

Your scaling suggests the Tengai Shinsei asteroid was an oblate spheroid, like the Earth, if a little bit narrower.

Which it obviously isn't in any portrayal

Your assessment of the shockwave is, by the way, similarly incorrect. There's debris in the third row of the blast. The portion of your evaluation that is legitimate is the shockwave probably not being a hemispherical SA. In that case, lowballing it as a cross section would be good, since it spread out in only one direction.

3fg42
Yeah, your estimations are visibly way off-mark.
Dzhindzholia's scans look like rounded rectangles (similar to the one I included with Madara's susanoo) and look nothing like the meteors in any of the original scans.

"Your assessment of the shockwave is, by the way, similarly incorrect. There's debris in the third row of the blast. "

"Past the third shockwave from the meteors being split, there's hardly any debris visible in the dust waves."

1. False. My estimates fit with the second scan of the TS. In fact, it's lowballed because the width should be greater than what I scaled.

Aaand also false. Dziga's scans show the very bottom remnants of the Tengai Shinsei. This can't possibly fit in a nearly perfect ball shape which isn't present in any of the scans in the manga, but can fit in my second estimate.

Literally can't see how you believe Madara's Tengai Shinsei is a curved ball shape.

2. Also false. The fourth shockwave shows some debris being kicked up near the center. Look closely. Arguing there wasn't debris is flawed, because the dust cloud exists because Madara violently fragmented the trench to begin with.

I really, really dont get how it is ball shaped. Every ball showing in the anime (ignoring that teh anime is not the main canon) is from the bottom of the meteorite which would make it look like a ball from the angle, pretty basic stuff.

1. What ball looks like an egg? You're implying they're perfectly spherical which they clearly aren't unless you're visually impaired, no offense. Dz's scans show a nearly rounded rectangular second meteor, which looks nothing like the much more rounded second meteor we're shown in the first instance. And the first meteor that the second meteor landed in is clearly much more rounded, like the originals.

2. You're grasping now.

Err the first meteor is broken into pieces I really dont get your point about their shape UMR. At first I thought you were arguing their size but they quite clearly are not ball shaped.

> 1. What ball looks like an egg? You're implying they're perfectly spherical which they clearly aren't unless you're visually impaired, no offense

I said nearly perfect spherical and curved ball. Don't strawman.

> Dz's scans show a nearly rounded rectangular second meteor, which looks nothing like the much more rounded second meteor we're shown in the first instance.

Rectangular prism.

Tengai Shinsei bottom remnants

Nothing remotely rectangular. If it was a rectangle, the edges would be perfectly straight, and not curved.

My estimate

Meteor bottom

Your estimate

One of these can't possibly fit into the other

Also, you do realize that the reason why the new estimate exists is because it fits into a manga scan where the meteor is literally in your face and can't have the POV mess up the shape?

Saying it doesn't fit the series ignores the very reason why it exists

1. I said nearly a rounded rectangle and you post an actual rectangle....strong shapes.

>I said nearly perfect spherical and curved ball. Don't strawman.

"nowhere near a ball"

"never portrayed as a perfect sphere"

etc

2. This is blatant cherry picking. When you're zoomed in so close on the meteor you can't get an accurate trace of the entire shape because the entire bottom still looks flat. That's exactly why your sketch is so tall.

I'll do you one better. There's one scan with the first meteor nearly entirely in the picture, another scan with both meteors in the same picture intact, and then there's the meteors that already blasted into the Earth that look nothing like the untouched meteors at all.

Unite My Rice said:
It's broken but you can tell there's a curvature in the pieces.
Also quick geometry lesson, this is the difference between an oval and a circle/ball.
Yes and my quick illustration was an oval too which is why I said near circle. I really don tgey your point about it being an Oval or circle. It is clearly not a circle we can establish that and the manga makes it look like and Ellipsoid.

> 1. I said nearly a rounded rectangle and you post an actual rectangle....strong shapes.

Which it isn't either. Focus on the bottom remnants of the second meteor, which don't remotely fit anything you've drawn so far and fit my scaling.

> etc

Try to quote actual passages from the post you're replying to.

> 2. This is blatant cherry picking. When you're zoomed in so close on the meteor you can't get an accurate trace of the entire shape because the entire bottom still looks flat.

The bottom is definitely not flat. You can see the edges curving on panel. Cherry picking is thinking an anime-only "curved ball" shape fits the only close to the viewer depictions.

Also, I love how you scaled that view in the anime but didn't acknowledge the part that debunks your scaling

I read the chapter, see a huge rock like a egg, and it matches up with what Kep so i believe it is correct. When DZ posted his scans i was bought. They look nothing like rounded rectangles

Dz's scans are pretty much not usable given they are disfigured after the collision to each other and the crash to the surface. The scans and views we have of it in air and right on top of each other before impact are the most accurate shapes we have before the crash. We can't use the disfigured shapes after the crash to justify the calc. Use the consistent shapes before they were warped by the crash.

the second one was still hidden in the clouds while we only so the bottom of it. Its correct to assume that is the correct shape. Also the second meteor wasnt disfigured so that can be used. Even when we see it in the air it looks nothing like a sphere which is more circular

I'll add the scan that I apparently skipped which debunks my scaling....oh would you look at that? Consistency.

3fg42

Back