• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magenta Magenta (20th Century Boy) vs Josuke Higashikata (JoJolion)

Standard distance (10m)
Who wins?
Note: Go Beyond is allowed.

Last edited:
Josuk8 has had experience with what would be similar to Magenta's ability (reference; his first encounter with Yotsuyu Yagiyama)
A tactic he would take would be to permanently incapacitate him somehow, but it may not seem like the location allows it
What could Magenta himself possibly do against Josuk8

What could Magenta himself possibly do against Josuk8
Turtle him out, use the good ol 40 sticks of TNT trick (Josuke is only 9-B, Magenta's TNT is a decent bit into 9-A based on number alone).
Though while Josuke likely can't actually kill magenta, incap is a very real option, Josuke would definitely be able to pull it off if the situation is right, but it's definitely situational.

Turtle him out, use the good ol 40 sticks of TNT trick (Josuke is only 9-B, Magenta's TNT is a decent bit into 9-A based on number alone).
Then there's the obvious problem of his 8-C stand that can withstand the brunt of it+his insane stamina+the caveat of Magenta's only wincon being a 1 time use which isn't a sure chance

I had a whole ass argument typed out but then I realized it was josuk8 not 4
anyways someone quickly explain magenta's ability better, I haven't read the manga so....

anyways someone quickly explain magenta's ability better, I haven't read the manga so....
He turtles.
\When his Stand is up he can't be harmed, damaged, what not, he's basically but in a complete stasis, he's cognizant but he's immobile and can't move but in turn he can't be harmed at all and anything that would damage him is instead redirected away from him.
It's like some ygo bullshit, attack and defense position, one or the other, but in the latter he's effectively legit invulnerable (it's not just damage, he can't die either, he was defeated by being dropped in a lake unable to move, he didn't drown because his Stand was up, he was stuck forever so he eventually pulled a Kars).

For offense, well he has a gun and a suicide vest, that's about it, his Stand is pure defense only.

So, can Go Beyond do anything other than being an asspull there?
Funnily enough, 20th Century Boy has actually shown being able to redirect spin energy before (Gyro tossed the steel ball at him, and the Stand took the spin from his attack and sent it away), this is kind of ****** up as Go Beyond is stated to be pure raw spin which is why it can bypass WOU (It isnt because it doesnt exist, but because it's raw spin, and spin > logic ig).

So honestly, as ******* stupid as it might sound, 20th might be able to remain invulnerable to Go Beyond, like MAYBE the void aspect of it can **** him over, but the spin aspect? He legit has a feat showing he can redirect that.

Josuke's best bet is probably to just like, incap, tie him with wires, drop a car on him, etc, he's not actually hard to beat, just hard to kill.

What? Go Beyond isn't a logic attack, it just surpasses logic because lol spin I guess, it itself isn't logic.

this seems like inconclusive to me, unless go beyond can do something
or maybe josuke could dig a really really big hole under him and trap him in it or something.
Now if this were part 4 Josuke it could be a much different story but
it's not
so

Josuke would know what to do with an opponent like this and would go for an incap like what happened with Yotsuyu as I mentioned earlier

has anybody done Josuke vs Josuke yet?
I feel like it has been but I dont see it on profile
kinda seems like it has to be done...

Back