• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Kang, Havok and Sunfire upgrades

Introductio

In Uncanny Avengers, after years of plotting and manipulation, Kang the Time Traveling Conqueror, manages to absorb a big portion of Exitars Life Essence, which he described to be the Most Powerful Energy Source in All of Existence. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-90tNpdyOj5Y/Vm54iHf-7LI/AAAAAAAACZQ/1GIX-c5lDUM/s1600-Ic42/RCO020.jpg Let me explain: Kangs entire goal was to attain the ultimate form of Godhood from the very start. If artifacts like the Infinity Gauntlet or the Cosmic Cube were truly stronger, he could have gone for them instead. However, he sought Exitar's Essence instead. He even called it the Most Powerful Energy source in All of Existence, possibly, making his essence stronger than the Infinity Gauntlet or the Cosmic Cube. We already have Exitar at 2-C. Kang with this upgrade should at Least be Low 2-C.

What about Sunfire and Havok?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bC7E5iUJBwA/Vm54rW9JPII/AAAAAAAACck/ndtztKuF1Zw/s1600-Ic42/RCO006.jpg They got powered up by His Essence too. They should at least scale to God Kang. And in the same scan, God Kang Manipulates Time, slowing it down and manipulating/weaponizing Energy.

Let's elaborate on why Havok and Sunfire scale to him: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fk0Qi2oihPs/Vm54sQo3kWI/AAAAAAAACcc/dHQTUWdgcn4/s1600-Ic42/RCO010.jpg Havok injures God Kang with his energy blast.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zYgCtKyNlRo/Vm54s6KRX2I/AAAAAAAACcc/4RLWwc7iPvc/s1600-Ic42/RCO012.jpg Sunfire turns into the Atomic Sunfire after absorbing Exitars Essence. He is completely made out of pure Energy, giving him Intangibility. He also damages God Kang in this state.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4v3JE44H9-4/Vm54tJJdY4I/AAAAAAAACcc/g_5J4GIIpNc/s1600-Ic42/RCO014.jpg http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-q3ZScUc1xcU/Vm54tXoy2xI/AAAAAAAACcc/kGEQeEMoWQA/s1600-Ic42/RCO015.jpg A full powered blast from Cosmic Havok is enough to finish a weakened God Kang off.

In conclusion:
Kang in this form has Time and Energy Manipulation. Sunfire is Intangible and has his Energy projections boosted even further. Havok too has his energy projections boosted further in terms of power. All of them has received Significant Statistic Boosts. Exitars Essence is Possibly above the Infinity Gauntlet and the Cosmic Cube.

The end.

Kangod
Solos.

The Celestials in this story were portrayed as possible to kill with Asgardian weaponry, and Exitar being stronger than the Infinity Gauntlet seems like uninformed hyperbole from Rick Remender, the writer of the story.

Asgardian weaponry was described as basically Kryptonite to the celestials with the correct enhancements, this was also shown in classic thor and such. Like how KANG enchanceted thor's jarnbjorn to kill exitar. Its a direct counter to them Thor also ****** over Apocalypse with the same axe, since he uses celestial tech. Twice.

Antvasima said:
Jarnbjorn (Thors Axe) was enchanted just to cut through Celestial steel. It is like a natural counter to them. By the way, Asgardian Tech and Weaponry were shown to be able to badly damage Celestials before.

Odin beats celestials

If it was that easy to kill Celestials, Odin would have destroyed the 3rd host when he fought it in his Destroyer armor, and that was all the power that the Asgardians had taken together.

The story did not really make any sense in that regard.

No he wouldn't.

Odin was amped by the entire Council of Godheads placing their power onto the Destroyer Armour and only managed to cut the arm of one Celestial. They then effortlessly destroyed him and his armour.

That said, the Celestials will be greatly upgraded eventually as far as I am aware.

Matthews points on Odin being able to cut a Celestials arm makes sense. But, are there any points going against Thors Axe being a specific counter to the Celestials due to its enchantment?

Matthew Schroeder said:
No he wouldn't.

Odin was amped by the entire Council of Godheads placing their power onto the Destroyer Armour and only managed to cut the arm of one Celestial. They then effortlessly destroyed him and his armour.
Uhh what, Thor's godblast has armed celestials itself countless times back then, his power combined with odin once took down a celestial Also he did that to prove that asgardian tech can be indeed used to harm celestials Not that its vastly superior to them, look at the wording in his statement. There are also statements of the destroyer armor KILLING a celestial and being a counter to them.

And i did not say that Exitars Essence was stronger than IG, i said that it was a possibility. The main topic of this thread was the Upgrade towards these characters in both Hax and Statistics.

The Destroyer empowered by all of the Asgardians + the head deities of various pantheons barely managed to annoy the Celestial host. Thor channeling the god blast to a degree that it destroyed Mjolnir only managed to cause extremely tiny damage. Yet a hastily enhanced axe can easily kill them? That makes no sense, and the Celestials were not shown as particularly powerful in this story otherwise either. The Sentry and Rogue with the Hulk's power managed to temporarily halt Exitar.

Regardless, these types of "most powerful" boasts are not a proof of anything. We should probably close this thread.

Are we going to ignore the new abilities they got? His axe was purely imbued for that one purpose. Hulk and Rogue being able to stop the Celestial sinking into the Earth are outliers on their part, at best, this could just upgrade their lifting strength but we know how Inconsistent Marvel is. Outliers on certain characters should not in any shape of form downgrade the another character in a story. Kangs entire purpose was to find a way to get his essence, the way Exitar was defeated may be flawed but it's not logical to assume that Exitar was weaker in this story due to several outliers on certain characters' parts.

Kang has already got the infinity gauntlet and cosmic cube Yet he said the essence is much more powerful Also kang is aware of every artifact across the multiverse So it would make sense this statement is valid. If kang wanted to become truly all powerful he could've moved through time and got the infinity gems.

Chad odinson
The Chad Odinson actually survived this (Again, proving how inconsistent the powers of the Main Superheroes truly are)

The point is that the entire story is unreliable in terms of powerscaling the Celestials, and in addition, we cannot take unproven empty boasts as evidence, especially if they contradict more reliable stories.

Again, this thread is wasting our time and should be closed.

What about the new abilities they had received? We can't ignore the new hax they got in these forms because of some inconsistencies. Just because that some aspects of the story were inconsistent we can't say that the entirety of it would be unreliable. I said that it's possible for Exitars essence being stronger than IG and CC, not that it actually is.

Can you remind me which new abilities that you wish to add and to which profiles?

Antvasima said:
Time Manipulation for Kang (Can slow down Time) and Energy Manipulation (Can create weapons out of pure Celestial energy and manipulate it), all of this in his God form. Havok and Sunfire had all of their abilities boosted to a higher level + Sunfire has Energy Manipulation and Intangibility (Can't be attacked physically, is made out of pure Celestial energy) in his Atomic form. Keys for each: God form for Kang - After Getting Boosted by Celestial Energy for Havok - Atomic State for Sunfire. Also what about their statistics?

I suppose that an extra key for Kang, scaled to Exitar may or may not be an idea, but it seems unnecessary, given how briefly he possessed the power.

A power-up lasting for a few pages does not seem significant enough to me.

Antvasima said:
There are 2 key points i will like to make here:

1.I mean, we do have keys like these for other characters too. Look at Son Goku (DBS) for example. We have a key for Mastered Ultra Instinct for him despite the form appearing only once + Goku being unable to activate it normally. Not to mention that MUI lasted for like a single fight.

2.About the scaling of Exitar in this comic, Immortus and Captain Marvel stated that Kang was going to seed his dominion to all life and if they failed, all other possibilities will be lost and his Ascendancy will be irreversable.

Kangod 3

Son Goku's power-up is most likely permanent and signifiantly more significant though, but I suppose that you have a point.

Whew, i am back.

Well, i also remembered that we have a key for Rune King Thor in Thor's page, even though the upgrade only lasted for a few issues similar to Kang's (And the others') case and it was not permanent.

Back