• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Revision for the Tales Of series Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino_Ranger_Black

VS Battles
Retired
Hey everyone. This is DRB once again. I like to address an issue regarding the statistics of the cast in the Tales Of series. I looked up most of these profiles, from Lloyd Irving of the Tales of Symphonia series to Ludger Will Kresnik from the Tales of Xillia installments. I'm not the most knowledgable member when it comes to the Tales series, however, I am familar with the verse despite being one of the less popular RPGs (Which may also be a factor for the problem) and alot of their stats comes off as lose and/or unexplained, with some characters getting there stats from a fictional terminology such as Luke fon Fabre and others being scaled off from other characters who don't even have their own pages or an explaination of why the characters they were scaled off from are even around that level such as the previously mentioned Ludger.

I believe there should be a revision on the characters and the entire verse. If there are any members with a sufficent knowledge in this series, please provide a detailed explaination for the stats the characters already has or should of have. If there's none, then I suggest changing their stats into Unknow until further notice. We can't provide information that is likely false after all.

I am fine with changing their statistics to Unknown ratings, if there are no valid explanations.

I am fine with it changed as well. If there's no feat to give them proper stats to, Unknown will have to do then.

I can't really help with Xillia, Symphonia and Abyss characters, but Karol (from Vesperia) being 8-B just because he makes a crater in his Mystic Art is BS, since we don't have a calc for it. Estelle being High 8-C for no reason at all also doesn't make sense. I think it should be safe to downgrade both of them to Building level for now, as most Entelexeia are around that size and Brave Vesperia was able to take down three of them.

I have a few feats in mind that could upgrade them, but i would have to check the Aselia wiki to know if they're valid and its almost 5 AM here, so i'll do that tomorrow.

Well, Lloyd and Sheena have justification for his stats, they're just in weird places. I'll try to fix that up.

Unfortunately, my knowledge of the series only retains to Eternia, Symphonia and Legendia, and not particularly knowledgeable about those three so I can't really help out.

In b4 3-A Estelle via surviving the Big Bang (outlier as far as I know).

That aside, I suppose Luke's tier comes from the feat of destroying the entire Akzeriuth via Hyperresonance? Also, shouldn't Luke (and the Abyss cast) possibly have Lightspeed reactions by virtue of fighting Legretta who has mainly light based techniques, which Includes Rage Laser ? There's also Natalia's Noble Roar and Arietta's Evil Light that I feel could back this up.

And the oh, so outlierish feat of surviving the Big Bang.

Ludger should have a massive upgrade the goal of Tales of Xilla 2 is to destroy alternate universes and it was done at least 5 to 10 times in the games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC-HOfasd2M start at 9 min to 11:30. They say that he destroy the world of Milla and by by world they mean universe beacause Muzet was kill in Milla universe but still alive in the universe of the main characters she even join the party at one point also Milla did not even know the main chracters even if in the first games she did an entire journey with them so its clearly an alternate universe.

@Darkanine and Theglassman12

Well, at least that justifies the Town level feat. I would appriciated if there are two links for the explaination of that stat. One for the actual feat and the other for fighting the character who performed the feat.

@FateAlbane

I don't mean to sound like a downplayer but that seems more like an animation rather than an actual big bang. Any links to justify Luke's stats?

@Kevenkiller I

That seems like a Low 2-C. I believe you should ask the staff about this. Are the dimensions truly parellel to the main world? Plus, we might need an explaination on how Ludger was able to do this.

I'm pretty sure the Big Bang MA was never the actual Big Bang and just a big explosion. Even if it was the real thing, or comparable to it, this would be a huge outlier.

Uh... Did everyone skip through the part where there are tons of stars in the background and actual space? The characters even talk about the beginning of time both in Abyss and Vesperia while using it.

And more importantly, did everyone skip the part where I said it was outlier? Like, two times?

In fact, the part of my reply that mattered, regarding speed, wasn't adressed. People looked only at the outlier thing (that I pointed out myself as such) and ignored the speed part that I actually tried to back up.

Dino Ranger Black said:
. Any links to justify Luke's stats?
I believe the Hyperresonance thing come from this feat , but I can't say if it's Island Level and that's why I asked because it's the only legit destructive feat I can remember from Abyss.

Just leaving it here in case someone wants to calc it later.

@Fate My comment was directed to Dino, not you, as he said that it didn't look like the big bang. Stars in the background could still be an animation, and i didn't know they talked about the beginning of time because my television's sound died and i had to play Vesperia without sound from the Raven betrayal to the end. Made some of the fights much harder than they should have been.

I don't know how things work in Abyss, so i can't say if that can be considered real light or not.

Rage Laser (already linked), Noble Roar and Evil Light (<< These two powers are in the same video I linked ,respectively at 2:11 and 2:20) in particular look pretty light based to me, but we have no statements, just the power being shown, so I dunno if they fulfill enough requirements for Lightspeed attacks.

Hence why I'm asking, rather than stating.

Anyways, that's all I have to add here, maybe it's something to look at.

@FateAlbane

I'm fully aware that you pointed out that it could be an outlier, though there is only one installment in Vesperia.

Ask for the Hyperresonance, I find it difficult to tell if it's Island level as well. I believe we should label Luke Unknow.

@Dino Ranger Black So, have you reached any conclusions regarding the statistics?

@Ant

Well, so far, it seems that Lloyd and Sheena's stats are justified.

I still need reasons for the stats Ludger was already given but based on what Kevenkiller shown, it's likely irrelevant since there's a feat that may make him Universal+ but I would like at least an explaination on how he was able to do this, just to make sure it's legit.

The rest of the Tales characters seem to lack justification or reasons for their tiers however, so I believe they should be Unknow.

Most things in Tales of the Abyss are all unquantifiable when it comes to DC, so Unknown tier for them sounds about right.

@DRB Do some of the characters need better explanations for their statistics?

@Ant I believe they do.....Ludger Will Kresnik, Estelle, and Karol Capel in particular.

The former only had one valid explaination for his City Block rating while the others stats are from powerscaling but we don't know the feats or stats from the characters he was powerscaled from to begin with.

The latter two, both from the same game and in the same party, lacks proper explaination for their statistics.

For Luke, we should make him 'Unknow, just like FateAlbane suggested.

Okay. Do you wish to adjust the profiles accordingly?

I suppose I will. I'll make all the characters, except Lloyd and Sheena, Unknow until proper explaination and scaling are in order.

@Kevenkiller

I don't think that's useful, since they didn't provide a reason why he's 2-A. Plus, they classfy his range and durability as metavselensky, which doesn't make sense tbh.

Chronos must have been scaled from Origins he is not so much weaker than him that probably is justification for his tier

Origins : http://ru.anime-characters-fight.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%9E%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B6%D0%B8%D0%BD

Justification for Origins in the AFC wiki : At least the level of the multiverse + (once destroyed about one million measurements, each of which is the size of a multiverse, is the epitome of endless primary vacuum, for which the multiverse, and probably their number, have no meaning, able to work on the same transcendental beings) may above (depending on the interpretation of emptiness)

Alright let me explained what happen at the end of the game Origins show up and he says you pass the trial ... now what is your wish. The wish is to destroy 1,000,000 fractured dimensions and he does it.

Definition of fracured dimension : A fractured dimension is a world whose history differs from the prime dimension in some key way. The thing that differs the most about a world is a divergence catalyst, and it can be anything, from an item to a monster or even a person. In theory, the existence of a fractured dimension is harmless, but the truth is that the amount of soul energy, a necessary component of life, is fixed across all dimensions.

AFC Wiki consider fractured dimensions to be alternate multiverse and I consider that they are alternate universe

Video of Origins : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SJs7QT1L-4&t=2351s Start at arround 34 minutes

The ACF has a slightly different tiering system to ourselves. 2-A is 100 universes to infinity in their wiki.

So the tier for destroying 1,000,000 universes would be 2-B but is destroying 1,000,000 multiverses consider the same tier ?

I think that such feats are hard to gauge. On the one hand, we could simply go by the total number of universes in all the relevant multiverses combined. On the other hand, geometrically speaking, those multiverses could be lined up along a 6th dimensional axis.

Too bad we don't how many universes there is in the multiverse I know that there is at least 1,000,001 beacause he destroy 1 million and there is the one that the character are in. In the game you can go in 17 different universes but they are all part of the 1,000,000 because they are numbered : F4128 = 999,720th, F41DB = 999,899th ... those are 2 that you explored but they are in the 1 million

If I recap the tier would be this ?

Origin : 2-B possibly higher ( destroy 1,000,000 universes )

Chronos : 2-B ( Slighty weaker than Origins )

Ludger and the main characters : 2-B ( Were able to beat Chronos )

Can you explain further how Origin was stated or shown to have destroyed a million multiverses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SJs7QT1L-4&t=2351s start at 34 minutes but the thing is they are not called they are called universe or multivers they are called fracured dimensions for me its an alternate universe I said multiverse in my last post beacause the ACF consider the fractured dimension to be multiverse but you can read the definiton and see for yourself

Definition of fracured dimension : A fractured dimension is a world whose history differs from the prime dimension in some key way. The thing that differs the most about a world is a divergence catalyst, and it can be anything, from an item to a monster or even a person. In theory, the existence of a fractured dimension is harmless, but the truth is that the amount of soul energy, a necessary component of life, is fixed across all dimensions.

Example of fractured dimension :

F4128 ― The Tatalian Abyss is the rift point, with Mega Tusk being its divergence catalyst. In this dimension, Derrick Mathis did not board E.S.S. Zenethra and instead stayed in Elympios, resulting in Jude Mathis never being born. It is the 999,720th fractured dimension. = The main character of Tales of Xillia is not born

F4221 ― The Mon Highlands is the rift point, with Wingul being its divergence catalyst, as well as a Waymarker. In this dimension, Gaius's sister, Karla Outway, has a life-threatening illness, which causes Gaius's attention to divert from his country. Wingul pledges with Karla to help Gaius refocus on the country, thus resulting in her taking her own life. Gaius is heart-broken and goes into hiding. Wingul becomes king and, due to the results of his actions, kills Agria, Presa, and Jiao, who he considered traitors to the country. It is the 999,969th fractured dimension. = Wingul become king instead of Gaius

It sounds like parallel timelines to me. That would mean a tier 2-B rating.

And now for Chronos and Ludger

Chronos along with Maxwell and Origin, is one of the three Primordial Great Spirits.

Its was never really stated that Chronos was as strong or weaker than Origin but he is consider one of the three Primordial Great Spirits like Origin

Chronos and Ludger have an ability called the chromateus

Definition of the Chromatus : Chromatus (Ú¬©µ«╗ Gaikaku?), or Corpse Shell in the Japanese version of the game, is the power used by the Kresnik family in Tales of Xillia 2. It was granted to the family by the primordial Great Spirit Chronos when they forged the pact known as Origin's Trial. Chromatus is the only known power used to destroy fractured dimensions; however, those who abuse the chromatus and give in to their desires become divergence catalysts, the cores of the fractured dimensions.

Ludger in the game explore and destroy 17 fractured dimensions

Chronos fractured 1,000,000 dimensions by doing that he would cause the end of the world but Ludger and his party beat him and they wish that all the fractured dimension to be destroyed

Well, that is a 2-B feat, as far as I am aware.

I don't know if that should be consider but Lloyd Irving and the party of Tales of Symphonia beat Origin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhjC0dl2UHg&t=530s

I don't know if its the same Origin from Tales of Xilla 2 but at least we know that the three great spirit can change their appearance and that Maxmell was in both Symphonia and Xillia

Maxwell of the three great spirit of Tales of Xilla was in Tales of Symphonia : Maxwell_%28ToS%29.jpg

Now in Tales of Xillia : Maxwell_Cut-in_%28ToX%29.png

Maxwell can change is appearance to look like this : Milla_Maxwell_%28ToX2%29.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back