• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

noisyPitta

She/Her

Maki Zenin vs Giyu Tomioka​

• SBA
  • Speed Equal
  • Starting distance: 10 metres
  • Fully awakened Maki (3rd key) with access to all her cursed tools

Maki: TauanVictor
Giyu: Arkenis, SuperStar, speedster352
Inconclusive:

Inspired by this thread. JJK and KNY scale pretty well to eachother but demon slayers are way more skilled than sorcerers, so I thought this might be a more equal match.

Last edited:
Can statistical amplification be used to increase speed in equalized speed rules? If it can, then Giyu can use it to speed blitz Maki, but if not, Giyu can still use Battle Spirit to paralyze Maki.

Can statistical amplification be used to increase speed in equalized speed rules? If it can, then Giyu can use it to speed blitz Maki, but if not, Giyu can still use Battle Spirit to paralyze Maki.
How fast can he raise his speed to when amped? Maki fought and defeated opponents that way outsped her no problem, so even if Giyu gets a massive speed advantage, the fight isn't neccessarily just over.

Is Battle Spirit something he can choose to activate at will? I'm an anime only so I'm not sure about how this ability works but it seems (from the way people talk about it) to be somewhat similar to Bleach's soul crush in effect (just without the soul stuff).

You’re probably going to get spoiled in this thread if you’re anime only. Most of his feats are in the manga.

Is Battle Spirit something he can choose to activate at will? I'm an anime only so I'm not sure about how this ability works
I think Battle Spirit is always active but sometimes the user only needs a little high emotional pressure to have a fear effect because from what is shown in the manga, Battle Spirit can only be deactivated through a special ability, namely Selfless State.

Eşitlenmiş hız kurallarında hızı artırmak için istatistiksel güçlendirme kullanılabilir mi? Yapabiliyorsa, Giyu bunu Maki'yi yıldırım hızıyla hızlandırmak için kullanabilir, ancak yapamıyorsa Giyu, Maki'yi felç etmek için Savaş Ruhu'nu kullanmaya devam edebilir
maki can get ahead with the spirit katana

I think Battle Spirit is always active but sometimes the user only needs a little high emotional pressure to have a fear effect because from what is shown in the manga, Battle Spirit can only be deactivated through a special ability, namely Selfless State.
And is there any way to resist the paralysis of this effect aside from presumably using one's own battle spirit?
You’re probably going to get spoiled in this thread if you’re anime only. Most of his feats are in the manga.
I'm aware, I don't care about spoilers for it.

Maki has good precog so she might be able to get around Giyuu's amps, on the other hand Giyuu is more experienced and arguably more skilled, I feel this could go either way.

Maki can deal with Tomioka's amps through precog, however Tomioka relies solely on her skill to deal with Maki's abilities.

I think the fight would be very close, but Soul Katana would make the difference here. Voting for Maki.

Maki's third key is about to be Low 7-C so this shouldn't be up for much longer.

Regardless, Giyu should be able to dodge all of Maki's attacks here, his skill and acrobatics are superior to hers and he should be able to land a swing on Maki's neck. Maki's senses really aren't gonna change this fight, given their distance it won't make much of a difference if she can sense air molecules to predict him.

Giyu fought against Akaza and landed multiple hits on him when he has compass needle

Weakness Detection, Strength Perception, Precognition, Reactive Power Level, Enhanced Instinctive Reaction, Enhanced Awareness and Enhanced Accuracy with Compass Needle (Compass Needle allows him to accurately sense a person's Battle Spirit, allowing him to predict their movements, discern their location in his surroundings (even from his blind-spots), and find and instinctively aim for their weak points and vitals with such high accuracy that his attacks are described as "being attracted by magnets" and "clinging" to his opponents. Can tell someone's strength just by looking at them, was able to discern that Kyojuro was a Pillar at a glance. Can instinctively respond to attacks with an appropriate counter, was stated by Giyu to learn to anticipate his every move and strike back with equal accuracy as the fight went on. He can effectively fight and discern his surroundings and track his opponents without a head (deaf and blind) solely through detecting Battle Spirit)

Giyu's Pros:

Higher range
Superior Skill
Instinctive Action

So yeah voting Giyu here.

Back