• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario CRT (Low 2-C Upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how biology works?
If you're gonna argue it works literally as if someone would eat a chocolate bar but said chocolate bar contains low 2-C energy then there would still be low 2-C energy in his cells, unless you want to argue eating a regular 3D chocolate bar would only give you 2D energy sometimes.
If he consumed all the power you wouldn't retrieve the star when you defeat him.
Or it's a temporary amp and he couldn't hold the power inside of him anymore after being defeated.

If you're gonna argue it works literally as if someone would eat a chocolate bar but said chocolate bar has low 2-C energy then there would still be low 2-C energy in his cells, unless you want to argue eating a regular 3D chocolate bar would only give you 2D energy sometimes.
Dimensional Differences are never considered in fiction and in fact do not count as an argument. You know this yourself and you're being disingenous.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter what tier the power source is, what matters are the feat that the character performs using them.

Or it's a temporary amp and he couldn't hold the power inside of him anymore after being defeated.
You're making more assumptions than I was (He simply didn't consume the star's whole power) therefore per Occam's Razor my assumption is more valid.

Using a power source doesn't mean you have it's full power therefore that's not a feat.

The Sammer Kingdom feat was already rejected in a previous thread where all of this was argued extensively.
Actually, you were the plank arguing that surface area was required for the feat while everyone else agreed that it was unanimously low 2-C

Actually, you were the plank arguing that surface area was required for the feat while everyone else agreed that it was unanimously low 2-C
As stated in that thread, albeit jokingly, that feat is 2-B, it nuked a pure heart

Do you know how biology works?

If he consumed all the power you wouldn't retrieve the star when you defeat him.
He is being amped by the Star, which is a Low 2-C source. That's essentially like saying that Ganon with the Triforce isn't Tier 4/3/2 since you can retrieve the Triforce from him after being defeated. (Or literally any other example of some being being amped by some object) You can utilize/be amped by a power source without it disappearing.

He is being amped by the Star, which is a Low 2-C source. That's essentially like saying that Ganon with the Triforce isn't Tier 4/3/2 since you can retrieve the Triforce from him after being defeated. You can utilize/be amped by a power source without it disappearing.
I don't care about Zelda.

You're arguing that by eating the Grand Star he got all its power. If that was the case then it would simply be consumed / digested into the body and not retrieved at all.

Dimensional Differences are never considered in fiction and in fact do not count as an argument. You know this yourself and you're being disingenous.
If dimensional differences aren't considered in fiction then what are we tiering exactly? Heck this low 2-C power can't be divided thing has been used more against me than for me.
Bottom line is it doesn't matter what tier the power source is, what matters are the feat that the character performs using them.
Barry and Wally literally got a 2-A rating for being capable of absorbing the entire Speed Force at times, granted it's only a possibly. But at least in that case you can argue that they can't use all of it (mostly Bart and Barry), but with Bowser he literally treats the Grand Star like any other power up.
You're making more assumptions than I was (He simply didn't consume the star's whole power) therefore per Occam's Razor my assumption is more valid.
I think I can agree on it not being the entire thing per say. But he should be capable of using a slice of that power, a non-infinitesimal slice that is. Kinda same principle as a battery.

Yes, he is literally being empowered by it. You don't need to digest something in order to use all of its power. It's common in fiction to see someone being amped by a power source but not having to literally digest it. Besides, even if it was a fraction, a fraction of Low 2-C is still Low 2-C.

Matthew, a 1/999999999999999th of Low 2-C is still Low 2-C.
Backwards scaling based on tiny fractions isn't acceptable and as I already stated there is no difference between dimensions as VBW uses them in fiction therfore the fact that it may be Low 2-C isn't an argument

If dimensional differences aren't considered in fiction then what are we tiering exactly? Heck this low 2-C power can't be divided thing has been used more against me than for me.
The feat. Not the dimensional level.

People "empowered" by Grand Stars often have no feats above Tier 8 if you're being honest. Hell, Bowser himself explicitely can't touch the Grand Star Reactor without burning himself in the same game series showing that he doesn't scale to it.

The feat. Not the dimensional level.

People "empowered" by Grand Stars often have no feats above Tier 8 if you're being honest. Hell, Bowser himself explicitely can't touch the Grand Star Reactor without burning himself in the same game series showing that he doesn't scale to it.
Heat does not scale to Durability Matthew, why should Bowser be able to touch something leugues above his shown heat resistance?

Heat Resistance =/= Physical Durability.
Bowser was literally physically harmed by the reactor and in fact that is how you defeat him in his boss fight. This blatantly shows that he does not scale and the Prima Guide you guys love to use even states that he can't touch it without burning himself.

You can't simultaneously argue for Low 2-C while also accepting this.

Bowser was literally physically harmed by the reactor and in fact that is how you defeat him in his boss fight. This blatantly shows that he does not scale and the Prima Guide you guys love to use even states that he can't touch it without burning himself.
Yea, and while were at it, downgrade anyone that can't submerge themselves in the sun to 8-A at most.
You can't simultaneously argue for Low 2-C while also accepting this.
Yes we can. Heat Resistance isn't equal to physical durability for reasons I said earlier. Bowser literally survived being in the epicenter of a Low 2-C explosion.

Did he die from it? No
Did he go dangerously injured? No
Did he lost his consciousness? No
He tanked
You ignoring that a fraction of low 2-C is still low 2-C

Yea, and while were at it, downgrade anyone that can't submerge themselves in the sun to 8-A at most.
Most often of the time they don't have that many good feats actually.

Yes we can. Heat Resistance isn't equal to physical durability for reasons I said earlier. Bowser literally survived being in the epicenter of a Low 2-C explosion.
He didn't. Do you understand that the Big Bang's heat is trillions of times higher than that of a reactor that just served as a catalyst for that same explosion. You can't simultaneously argue that he survived the former while being weak to the later.

Backwards scaling based on tiny fractions isn't acceptable and as I already stated there is no difference between dimensions as VBW uses them in fiction therfore the fact that it may be Low 2-C isn't an argument
That page would still read Low 2-C without me bringing up anti-feats. This isn't a coincidence or whatever either since Kukui is still pursuing this argument of slices of low 2-C being low 2-C, which several staff agree with him on such as the Bleach thread iirc and DDM has even gone on record that you can't divide low 2-C feats.

which several staff agree with him on such as the Bleach thread iirc and DDM has even gone on record that you can't divide low 2-C feats
This literally means that you can't make someone Low 2-C based on having a tiny fraction of Low 2-C. This is dimensional downscaling abuse which is not accepted.

Bowser was literally physically harmed by the reactor and in fact that is how you defeat him in his boss fight.
you mean the same reactor that was power by a low 2-C power source that also caused a low 2-C restart of reality, that bowser face tanked and even then he wasnt actually harmed by the fire and had the equivalent of touching a seatbelt buckle that has been sitting in the sun

Most often of the time they don't have that many good feats actually.
By your logic, we need to grant every character above 8-A Extreme heat resistance.
He didn't. Do you understand that the Big Bang's heat is trillions of times higher than that of a reactor that just served as a catalyst for that same explosion. You can't simultaneously argue that he survived the former while being weak to the later.
Doesn't change the fact that it was a Low 2-C explosion. And the Explosion wasn't the Big Bang, it was just a Low 2-C explosion/Black Hole that was tearing apart the fabric of the universe.

you mean the same reactor that was power by a low 2-C power source that also caused a low 2-C restart of reality, that bowser face tanked and even then he wasnt actually harmed by the fire and had the equivalent of touching a seatbelt buckle that has been sitting in the sun
You're talking nonsense. You can't even form a coherent sentence. The reactor by itself is much less powerful than the ensuing Grand Star Explosion. This is factual. Bowser is harmed by the former and that is a key mechanic to his boss fight. Therefore you cannot argue that he scales to the later without actively ignoring the whole game and lying to yourself. It requires too much cognitive dissonance, an alternate explanation ought to be proposed and was accepted in past threads.

Saying that Bowser only absorbed a tiny fraction of a Low 2-C power source therefore he doesn't scale is frankly head canon. We literally see him directly being amped by it, not absorb a tiny fraction of it.

Doesn't change the fact that it was a Low 2-C explosion. And the Explosion wasn't the Big Bang, it was just a Low 2-C explosion/Black Hole that was tearing apart the fabric of the universe.
The fact that it wasn't a regular explosion is more evidence to the fact that he didn't tank it all and didn't survive normally.

Mario would be killed by it and he wasn't in the epicenter (Neither was Bowser). They needed to be shielded or else they would die, this is also factual. Again you show a lack of awareness of the game you're arguing for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back