• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Speed Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dimentio and anyone who scales to infinite speed should be downgraded for the following reasons:

PIS

Was going to destroy every single timeline, exist and move within the utterly timeless void of nonexistence, and then create his own space-times.

1. This hardly suggests infinite speed. Even if Dimentio was infinite in speed, the justification would have to change.
  2. Many characters have performed these feats but yet have been rejected due to it being PIS. Simply being in a destroyed Space-Time doesn't warrant infinite speed.

Also, I got a feeling that this will spark a debate quicker but I have to mention this eventually, so...

Mario's bye bye cannon feat specifically scales to only his reaction & combat speed, so idk how that's automatically his movement speed by foot if he got launched from being inside a cannon and that's it.

So whatever the top movement speed feats he has, changed it to that as in "At least (insert speed rating here) movements with Sub-Relativistic combat and reaction speed."

This also applies to other characters as well.

Anyway, I think that the original post makes sense.

Mario characters do have a possibly Massively FTL+ combat speed rating actually. Anyway, iirc, it is stated that whoever possesses the Chaos Heart does become one with the void. While moving inside a void counts as specific hax, becoming one with the void is generally an indicator for Infinite Speed. But it's been a while since I last picked up the game, but Dino Ranger Black would be the best person to ask about this.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Mario characters do have a possibly Massively FTL+ combat speed rating actually.
If you're referring to the Mario from SMB having "MFTL+ combat speed," then no. You would probably be false on that. Why? Simple.

1. That MFTL+ feat is the speed of the Launch Star itself, not Mario on foot (based on the description of Mario's MFTL+ speed rating).

2. It could give Mario MFTL+ reactions as well if it was considered consistent with his Sub-Relativistic reaction speed as long as he performed feats at that level various times before, otherwise, something like that which occurred only once would be an outlier to his current displayed reaction speed.

3. Mario's speed statistics most likely needs more justification.

Well no, Mario's movement speed is clearly not Massively FTL+, but that's a possible Combat speed feat. It's not just the launch stars, but also the fact that he dodged the same projectiles that were capable of tagging the Starship; that was calc'd at 76.7 Trillion C. Anyway, it's still part of his variable tier.

Even before the Sub-relativistic or Massively FTL+ calcs, they were Massively Hypersonic via lightning dodging.

"Well no, Mario's movement speed is clearly not Massively FTL+, but that's a possible Combat speed feat. It's not just the launch stars, but also the fact that he dodged the same projectiles that were capable of tagging the Starship; that was calc'd at 76.7 Trillion C. Anyway, it's still part of his variable tier."

@Dark Have we actually seen Mario using his combat speed to stop the meteors besides just dodging them?

"Even before the Sub-relativistic or Massively FTL+ calcs, they were Massively Hypersonic via lightning dodging."

Sub-Relativistic reactions and combat speed was more consistent, so that upgrade was acceptable while having MFTL+ reactions however.....well, I'm uncertain whether it could also work as long as Mario never struggled to dodge anything slower than FTL speeds in the games I suppose.

Hm..no, just no.

In Chapter 6, after Sammer Kingdom (an entire universe) was destroyed and turned in a white void, Paper Mario and the others IN BASE (as well as MR.L and Mimi) were able to move in that space with no time.

Also, your point is kind of irrelevant. After all, one thing is for sure, Super Dimentio was very obviously going to destroy everything in order to create his own "perfect" multiverse. Paper Mario with the Pure Hearts obviously scales to him.

@Arceus

Dimentio is still not a natural inhabitant of the void. Void feats here are treated as "you have to be a natural inhabitant in order to qualify".

As Super Dimentio though, his natural environment would have become the void. I mean, you can't really create a new perfect multiverse if you can't even move in the void created after you destroy the previous multiverse.

Can somebody ask some administrators to respond here? I am too tired to properly deal with it.

Bluetrekking said:
It wouldn't have tho...
Natural environment implies being in there for most of your life.
Still, then why characters like Egg Wizard are infinite in speed, despite the fact that they NEVER showed an Infinite speed feat?

The reason why Egg Wizard is Infinite in speed is because he was "going to merge 2 universes". It is also mentioned that the Egg Wizard moved in a void, but that is actually false, since it never showed that kind of feat.

Then, if we are going to downgrade Super Dimentio, why don't we downgrade Egg Wizard and Burning Blaze?

Also, why don't we also downgrade Solaris and Time Eater since they showed to moved in a void, but that isn't their natural environment. And because of that, why don't we downgrade Super Sonic, Shadow and Silver?

I mean, if Void feats are treated as "you have to be a natural inhabitant in order to qualify", then all the characters that i mentioned above should be downgraded.

We definitely need more administrator input here. I would appreciate if somebody places polite requests on their message walls.

Okay. Thanks. Do you have any suggestions for what we should replace it with?

Ah, K. Sorry about that.

Though, i used Sonic as an example. I mean, if Sonic get the Infinite Speed rating via scaling to Solaris, who is basically the same case as Dimentio, than that means a downgrade for Sonic too.

Why though?

Solaris is the same case as Dimentio. He moved in a void while he was destroying the multiverse.

On the other hand, Super Dimentio would have moved in a void while creating a new multiverse.

I don't know if this thread is the place to talk about it, but considering it was touched on above, shouldn't Mario's MFTL+ rating just be reaction speed, or maybe combat speed as well? And the same could be said for his Sub-Relativistic feat. His highest movement speed we've had for him was Massively Hypersonic via Lakithunder.

This is news for me but it seems legitimate. Would somebody please provide the thread discussing about the new revision of infinite speed, please? I just wish to be sure before discussing it when I'm done with work.

Ask for other speed-related feats discussed here, they are perfectly fine. There doesn't seem to be any good reason to be opposing dodging FTL characters and attacks while being acceptaning to dodging MHS attacks in this case, especially when it's done so with the exact same methods. As far as I'm concern, it seems nothing more than belief. Not alot of characters receievd this rating, anyway.

@Dino

I'm sorry, but i don't think that a thread discussing about the new revision of Infinite speed actually exist.

So, if nothing like that exist, shouldn't we technically create a thread about it, before downgrading Dimentio?

Cause technically, at least from what is mentioned in the speed page, Super Dimentio can be considered a definitive "Infinite speed" character.

I also think that removing the infinite speed statistics from Paper Mario characters seems like a good idea.

Dino, do you have any suggestions for what values that we should replace them with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back