• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Remember to link profiles for both, Cal.

Mario takes this imo, the speed just allows him to avoid almost everything is my vote.

Mario can freeze Gogeta solid with the ice flower, can't he? If not, as Aparajita said, Mario would be nigh untouchable. Goin' for Mario.

Besides, Mario'll probably just keep bouncing on his head for extra lives while Gogeta's reaching for him at a snail's pace.

@anime4 gogeta could leave with instanet transmishin them come back finds killing him didnt work leves agian this time graves him so he cant move away reads his mined like goku did to kirilan an namic find lava is its weknees take him to the sun and drops him in

@DerpCity ice wont do anything to gogeta he would just brake it and he cant have more then one power up on at a time

as for your second thing i have explaned how he can counter it.

Even if you say that GT speeds at 100 times faster (which they're not that much faster) then Mario is 181 times faster than Goku.

Literally, Goku would be hit before the neurons in his brain have time to comprehend the fight starting.

Mario takes it due to the hilarious speed difference.

Seriously, Gogeta isn't touching Mario with his reactions. Unless he blows up the whole galaxy or something, but Mario should be able to chip away at him before that happens.

@Dark I suppose you're right about the Ice Flower. However, I'm not sure Gogeta would react fast enough for him to even think about doing that. Depending on how far into 4-A Mario is, he could probably end it quickly, and if none of his hax works, he can always make 5 clones of himself to speed up the process and/or confuse him.

Aparajita said:
Even if you say that GT speeds at 100 times faster (which they're not that much faster) then Mario is 181 times faster than Goku.

Literally, Goku would be hit before the neurons in his brain have time to comprehend the fight starting.
you do know this guy is way way stronger than Goke right?and Mario would be like Single celled organism hiting gogeta

and bass goku in gt is equal to super sayin 3 buu saga goku and if the guide books are to be trusted super sayin four is a 1000 times multiplier and gogeta is far superior to the sum of his parts

DerpCity said:
@Dark I suppose you're right about the Ice Flower. However, I'm not sure Gogeta would react fast enough for him to even think about doing that. Depending on how far into 4-A Mario is, he could probably end it quickly, and if none of his hax works, he can always make 5 clones of himself to speed up the process and/or confuse him.
the diffrents of it would still make it the equivalents of a single cell organism.

Multi-Solar System, possibly higher, vs At least Galaxy Level.

The AP difference is pretty laughable here, but the difference isn't big enough to the point where I'd compare it to a single cell organism attacking a human being. Multi-Solar System Level can mean anything from a collection of stars to a significant portion of a galaxy.

Mario's 4-A feats seem to be comparable to Kirby's 4-A feats, which are at least explosions with hundreds of lightyears in radius. It shouldn't take Mario that long to chip away at him.

It doesn't matter how skilled or powerful Gogeta is. If Mario can act long before Gogeta can perceive the fact that the fight has even begun, then Gogeta isn't taking this. End of story.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Multi-Solar System, possibly higher, vs At least Galaxy Level.

The AP difference is pretty laughable here, but the difference isn't big enough to the point where I'd compare it to a single cell organism attacking a human being. Multi-Solar System Level can mean anything from a collection of stars to a significant portion of a galaxy.
The analogy would probably be more of a fly but still it wan't affet him gogeta would use IT to set up a sneak attack to take mario down

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Mario's 4-A feats seem to be comparable to Kirby's 4-A feats, which are at least explosions with hundreds of lightyears in radius. It shouldn't take Mario that long to chip away

It doesn't matter how skilled or powerful Gogeta is. If Mario can act long before Gogeta can perceive the fact that the fight has even begun, then Gogeta isn't taking this. End of story.
no he could simply use instant transmission to set up a sneak attack and omega couldn't fasce gogeta in the slightest and he a sold 3C he cant kill gogeta fast enaf and with certain laws of physics it's debatable he couldn't do it at all.

I agree that the difference in power between them is huge, but there's no way Gogeta is hitting Mario, since that would be travel/movement speed, not combat speed. Its not like Mario's never dealt with teleporters before. Might not use the same strategies, but people teleporting around/behind him is nothing new.

DerpCity said:
I agree that the difference in power between them is huge, but there's no way Gogeta is hitting Mario, since that would be travel/movement speed, not combat speed. Its not like Mario's never dealt with teleporters before. Might not use the same strategies, but people teleporting around/behind him is nothing new.
yes but normaly they wouldnt one shot him.

Okay, doesn't mean that Mario doesn't have the spatial awareness to notice Gogeta teleport behind him, especially with how much faster he is than him.

@Cal I believe they mean Golden Mario turning Gogeta into a coin. However I am not entirely certain if that power up would fall under transmutation, magic or just plain game mechanics

I worded that incorrectly. My bad. I meant "I wonder how the Gold Flower impact the match." I personally have it under transmutation.

TBH, Gogeta either gets turned into a coin or is treated as too powerful to be effected by it, at least I'm assuming that's how it works since Bowser's not sitting in Mario's wallet. If it doesn't work, Gogeta still can't catch out 1 Mario, let alone 5 or 6

"Even Bowser can be taken out with a single gold fireball, as evidenced with the Gold Classics Pack."

-Taken from the Mario Wiki

@Darkmon Again, a pretty ridiculous comparison if you ask me.

I'd let it go if it were 4-A vs 3-B, but it's not. It's 4-A, likely higher, vs at least 3-C, which isn't exactly "fly vs human" territory, especially since Mario has the hax to potentially bypass durability.

Plus Mario has his fair share of hax like transmutation via gold mario, or intangibility/invisibility via the vanish cap. You don't even have to resort to NLFs like the White Tanooki or anything like that.

And no, that IT stuff isn't going to work either. Mario will have plenty of time to chip away at his durability before he can react. Even if Gogeta can pull off the IT before Mario interrupts it, he'll still have plenty of time to turn around, which is practically instinctive when someone disappears out of nowhere, and leisurely walk out of the way. Plus Mario could just use the Vanish Cap to cover for that anyways. Plus Mario's no slouch when it comes to intelligence, either.

Gogeta is not getting past Mario's reactions. Mario would probably have plenty of time to recite the script of this to himself before Gogeta's brain can process the fact that he's in a fight.

@Cal If SMG Bowser can be effected by the Gold Flower, which I'm not sure about since I've never actually played SMG, then I can agree with Gogeta being turned into Currency, though I was voting for Mario anyway for speed alone. A mix of the speed and the golden flower sounds like an outright stomp, though.

Oh. Gold Flower isn't even in SMG. That was for NSMB2. And yeah. I could tell you were voting for Mario. I was just adding context.

Because the AP gap is gigantic too. I elaborated that in the OP. Speedstomps aren't any more important than AP stomps.

In a match of speed vs power, I'm almost always going for speed unless there's a massive hax involved for the more powerful character. With his somewhat higher versatility and his solid speed advantage Mario should be able to play his cards well enough to take this after a complicated fight, as he could keep avoiding the danger while hitting Gogeta time and again.

The real cal howard said:
Because the AP gap is gigantic too. I elaborated that in the OP. Speedstomps aren't any more important than AP stomps.
I disagree.

You see, you've created a matchup where Mario is immensely faster, to the extent that he should be capable of reciting the whole Bee Movie script to himself several times and still have plenty of time to counteract whatever Gogeta does, which is ridiculous. In general having a massive AP advantage like this only means anything if speed is equalized.

Now like I've said before, I'd let this slide if it were 4-A vs 3-B or 3-A or anything like that. But it's not; It's "4-A, likely higher", vs "at least 3-C", So the gap isn't massive enough to really mean anything in Gogeta's favor in this case.

The gap between these two tiers is pretty darn big tho. Granted, Mario's on the much higher end of it...

So...how's Mario going to get access to a launch star or starship mario in this fight? Cause both of those are entirely external to himself, and Mario without those only has MFTL+ combat and reaction speed. Gogeta could fly far away and blast him with far superior range.

The OP states that both of the characters have access to everything. No exceptions.

Even without the launch stars or starship mario, he should be able to pull this off. Anytime Gogeta tries to fire any Galaxy Level projectiles, (if he can even do so before he's already been blitzed to death) then Mario can simply cancel the attack out by spamming a sufficient amount of Multi-Solar System Level+ fireballs at it. Plus Mario can just use the vanish cap to cover for that anyways if he, by some miracle, faces the threat of getting hit by any of Gogeta's attacks.

There's nothing Gogeta can do here. Mario is simply too fast and versatile for him to deal with.

Back