• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario vs Kirito

Mario is up against everyone's least favorite Anime Mary-Sue punching bag Kirito

Both High 4-C

Speed Equal

Mary-Sue: 2

Mary-O: 6

Ness:

Ionliosite said:
How good is Mario's resistance to ice manip?
He will be frozen, however he can break out of it pretty quickly and when getting hit while being ice, he won't be smashed into bits.

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Cause the temp of space is surprisingly close to absolute zero and mario runs and flies around the Cosmos with ease
It's not even close to absolute zero

In fact it's incredibly warmer then it.

The real cal howard said:
Actually, it just hit me. When did we get the genius idea that non-ABZ ice ignores durability?
We....Don't....Hell not even Absolute Zero does that without feats.

Also, yes, 2.7 Kelvin and Zero Kelvin is absolutely massive.

Then why is lolfreeze a thing? If someone can break out of ice so long as it's not AZ and they have the required strength alongside feats of doing so, they should be good. And Kirito doesn't have the AP advantage here. Not only that but he's fighting a fire spammer.

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Cause the temp of space is surprisingly close to absolute zero and mario runs and flies around the Cosmos with ease
Kirito was able to freeze something explicitly stated to travel in the cold of space casually, much to everyone's surprise, thinking it was entirely impossible

I doubt Mario has enough fireballs to deal with the many tendrils of ice that would be coming at him from all directions, but he may have more versatile pyrokinesis in later games if memory isn't completely failing me

Can he do that on command though

I know there are 2d sections in odyssey but I don't remember anything combat applicable

Yes. It's on command. And it's not from Odyssey. It's from SPM and it's his main ability in that game. It's what he resorts to when there's seemingly no way out of a situation and more.

Well, he goes 2d, then what?

There's nothing stopping Kirito from freezing when he pops back up again

DMUA said:
Well, he goes 2d, then what?

There's nothing stopping Kirito from freezing when he pops back up again
You know he can move in there and is completely undetectable, right? He can just turn Kirito into gold.

I dont know anything about kirito, but what makes his freeze so broken? Do the people he fights just not have resistance to Ice Manipulation?

Wrath Of Itachi said:
I dont know anything about kirito, but what makes his freeze so broken? Do the people he fights just not have resistance to Ice Manipulation?
I'm pretty sure even if they do, it's not quite good enough. Like they'd probably be used to normal ice manipulation, but not with stuff on the level of an asspull god.

Because they just went with their opinion of the character. If you scroll up you will be able to learn that he froze characters that casually traveled in the cold of space wich everyone thought impossible.

How cold is space, btw? I'm just curious.

And how cold is Kirito's freeze attack.

No, I wasn't trying to go with the opinion of him -_-

Also I keep forgetting this is Star King Kirito being used more nowadays.

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Mario could just time spam or soul/seal with catch card or Aoe sleep manipulation and many more.
Can it outspeed a thought based attack, though?

P.s. I hate when matches come down to thought-based wincons. Makes it kinda dull, tbh

Voting Mario. Lacks the power but Kirito's a one trick pony. Even assuming the ice does kill him, it doesn't bypass the resurrection, which Mario can abuse to do x y or z.

Kirito is not a one trick pony, he has much more abilities just that he leads with freeze. Kirito's ice doesn't kill, it incaps, so Mario is not returning.

I've stopped following SAO after Alicization arc so forgive me for not knowing but other than this and transmutation, what else does does Kirito have other than his sword?

He can make:

• Passive barriers and invisible blades.
  • Can spawn objects inside of people, ignoring durability.
  • Probability manipulation via Incarnation.
  • Extending his attacks' range via spatial manipulation.
  • NSS' Release Recollection to continue growing stronger throughout the fight, and knowing Incarnation and all of the other factors exist, he can stall the fight out to eventually grow stronger.
  • Use all of Quinella's abilities.
And more.

I vote Kirito for my reasons. Not sure if Mario will be capable of react againts an attack with no vectors that freezes him instantly.

Back