• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marksmanship and Superhuman Precision

So I read these two relatively new PAs, Superhuman Precision and Marksmanship.

Aren't the two basically the same power? Superhuman Precision is defined as being impossibly precise with one's attacks, and Marksmanship is defined as impossibly good aim. I feel like Marksmanship is just a ranged, weapon-driven subset of Superhuman Precision. Couldn't they be merged into one power and Marksmanship can simply considered a ranged, weapon-driven variant of regular Superhuman Precision?

I thought we agreed to change the description of Marksmanship to where simply being very skilled qualifies and having superhuman levels of it isn't a requirement. It's more like weapon mastery for ranged weapons specifically and/or being a really skilled thrower/projectile user even if the projectile was an energy projection ability rather than a weapon. For example, characters with Billy the Kid level gunslinging skills or Minamoto no Tametoto level archery skills would qualify.

I thought we agreed to change the description of Marksmanship to where simply being very skilled qualifies and having superhuman levels of it isn't a requirement. It's more like weapon mastery for ranged weapons specifically and/or being a really skilled thrower/projectile user even if the projectile was an energy projection ability rather than a weapon. For example, characters with Billy the Kid level gunslinging skills or Minamoto no Tametoto level archery skills would qualify.
Wouldn't Weapon Mastery cover that as well? How optimal it is to break down abilities like that? For example Superhuman strength, speed, durability, and reactions are all covered under Superhuman Physical Characteristics, does the wiki really need a power page for being a (good, capable?) ranged weapon master, when a power page for being a weapon master already exists?

Back