• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics: Low 1-A Revision (pt. I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kepekley23

VS Battles
Retired
I have been procrastinating on this thread for a while since I was reading up on all relevant storylines 'till I could find a solid, consistent basis for this upgrade, so let's dive right in.

Introductio
Currently, Marvel Comics's most powerful abstract entities are rated as High 1-B. This is mainly due to the fact that Eternity's multiversal incarnation embodies all existence and encompasses all planes and levels of reality, with him then scaling to the rest of the Cosmic Order, Multiversal Abstracts and the many other entities on this level.

However, the Tiering System has recently gone through a revision and added another tier inbetween High 1-B and 1-A, for characters that completely transcend infinite-layered hierarchies, but are not quite completely external to all extensions of space and time: Low 1-A (Low Outerverse level), and I believe Eternity and many other abstracts in the hierarchy qualify for such a rating, and will attempt to prove it below.

Without further ado:

Ultimates 2 & the Eighth Omniverse
Canon Diagram

To start off with the thread, I'll explain the cosmology shown more prominently in Al Ewing's very relevant Ultimates 1 & 2 runs, which concern the Eighth Omniverse - which contains many existential layers, some of which are extremely impressive, but the most relevant iterations described in the storyline happen to be Deep Space, the Superflow and the Neutral Zone. Later storylines by Al-Ewing go more in-depth, but for now, let's focus on those three.

This is more relevant to the Eighth Omniverse's cosmology than the Seventh Omniverse's, but it obviously still counts.

Deep Space
"Deep Space" describes any realm or universe contained within the "mainstream" Multiverse, before the more abstract domains proper. While this is technically the entirety of the normal 2-A multiverse and beyond, the most relevant realm of this layer for our purposes is the Negative Zone, a zone of reality that was shown to encompass the Subspace, which in itself is composed of infinite higher dimensions (High 1-B):

"I've done it!! I'm drifting into a world of limitless dimensions!! It's the crossroads of infinity - the junction to Everywhere!

As stated by the Celestials, the Subspace is just one of the many locations that Eternity encompasses:

"Beyond the edge of the Subspace to the cusp of Eternity."

The Negative Zone in itself is but a negative counterpart to the normal multiverse (described in the Infinity Finale as the "PosiVerse" by multiple sources), which strongly suggests that the mainstream multiverse also contains an infinite amount of higher dimensions within its breadth. This is just to show right away that even the lowest layer of the Multiversal Eternity is High 1-B in complexity.

The Superflow and the Neutral Zone
The Superflow is the next layer of Eternity beyond deep space. It is described as the highest level of abstract reality, the space where dreams and reality converge, and where the true forms of the Multiversal Abstracts reside and living concepts make war, and a completely conceptual space where combat itself is reduced to a mere metaphor, so it obviously transcends the previously-showcased segments of space and time that contained High 1-B constructs. This is where the Low 1-A sections begin, and this obviously scales to all Multiversal Abstracts.

But the Neutral Zone is even further beyond it - the Neutral Zone is the true uttermost limit of the Eighth Omniverse. It is described as the white space surrounding all reality - the blank Unspace from which even the most eldritch and incomprehensible of abstract forms came from and reside. In fact, the Neutral Zone's abstracts are so powerful that the Guardian of the Neutral Zone is capable of easily disposing of The Beyonders themselves. The Exo-Space is located at the very edge of the outerversal, conceptless Outside - the last outpost of the Omniverse proper in the Ultimates storyline, the last realm that can be said to be embodied by the Omniversal Eternity. This particular level of Low 1-A scales to none of the normal Multi-Abstracts except Eternity itself and those who scale to its full level, such as the Molecule Man, The First Firmament, the Ultimate Ultimates amped by OOA and perhaps a few others that don't come to my mind right now.

Conclusion
While this thread might seem smaller than it should be, that's because I decided to leave out a large chunk of the more controversial and debatable portions (which I will elaborate on later), since they'd probably derail the thread and cause too much controversy.

All-in-all, this upgrade scales to all Multiversal Abstracts and those who scale to that level, such as, non-comprehensibly:

• Lord Chaos
  • Master Order
  • The Living Tribunal
  • Eternity
  • Infinity
  • Death
  • The Chaos King
  • The In-Betweener
  • Dormammu
  • The Beyonder (Pre-Retcon)
  • The First Firmament
  • The Ultimate Ultimates
  • The Beyonders
  • Doctor Doom
  • Logos
  • Galactus
  • Molecule Man; Pre-Retcon/Eighth Omniverse
And likely some others I'm not remembering right now.

Peace.

TOAA (The One Above All) is by far the (second)most powerful being in Marvel. It can alter reality in any way, and has complete control over the Marvel Multiverse. The most powerful is Brother Marvel, who's the living embodiment of the Marvel Multiverse.

Brother Marvel and Brother DC didn't care about the Living Tribunal or TOAA, since they had no power to affect them, and they reside within the megaverse. So these would most likely be 1-A or something like that.

Technically, it was a joint project by Marvel, DC, and Amalgam(who was, a joint company between Marvel and DC, but Marvel and DC also published it in addition to Amalgam)

1. The brothers are considered non-canon here.

2. They were retconned into being mere creations of the Living Tribunal.

3. This is derailing the thread as we don't consider the Brothers relevant to main Marvel cosmology. If you disagree make some separate thread about it, but until now I'd ask you to leave that particular topic out of this thread to avoid derailing.

The Amalgam Brothers would also be Low 1-A tho, due to being above the LT.

I have a question, so a realm that beyond a hierarchy of infinite dimensions is enough to be Low 1-A, right? If that's the case then I don't see any problem with this.

Also from the way I'm seeing things I'm not sure I get how Eternity can contain the Neutral Zone but still be weaker than Beyonders.

"I've done it!! I'm drifting into a world of limitless dimensions!! It's the crossroads of infinity - the junction to Everywhere!"

1. This statement is being misinterpreted, the wording implies not that subspace is made of "limitless dimensions" but that he can access limitless dimensions from subspace, hence "crossroads of infinity" "junction to everywhere". So subspace or hyperspace based on this scan, doesn't contain infinite higher dimensions.

2. The Negative Zone doesn't encompass Subspace. In FF 51, Reed travels to The Negative Zone, however it's referred to as subspace in this comic. This is because later the Subspace definition was retconned and this instance was changed to Reed essentially accessing The Negative Zone through Subspace which is consistent with the definition above, so The Negative Zone obviously can't encompass it if Subspace is the gateway to it and infinite other universes/dimensions.

3. Also The Negative Zone is just a neighboring universe/inverse parallel of the 616 universe like the antimatter universe in DC. It's where Annihilus orginates from.

The statement is literally preceded by Mr. Fantastic talking about 4th-Dimensional Space btw in the prior page, because he developed technology that lets him see things in more dimensions. And then when he reaches the Crossroads of Infinity he starts taling about limitless dimensions.

2. I agree that the Negative Zone doesn't encompass the Subspace, and I don't think Subspace is necessarily the Crossroads of Infinity but more just a gateway to it. Doesn't matter, though, since the Crossroads of Infinity are referenced in Al Ewing's Ultimates run in regards to Eternity.

The previous two scans arent really saying anything new. It just says he's going to Subspace through portal which the scan Kep already posted says. On his journey through the void, he sees sees a 4D universe, but with his 3D eyes he can't make out what he's viewing. Essentially I don't see how the scans shown prove Subspace is infninite higher dimensional when its just a crossroad/gateway area to access different universes/dimensions.

Part of me wonders what was so controversial it couldn't be mentioned here, but I'll wait.

On the side of this thread it makes sense for the upgrade. So I'll offer my agreement and just follow it for now.

Antvasima said:
Zensum makes some good points, but so does Kepekley.
Anyway, this thread was highlighted in an incorrect manner. I will fix it.
What are your thoughts since you're pretty knowledgeable on this?

@Zensum

I have read a massive amount of Marvel comicbooks, but am not always good at properly analysing them. Nevertheless, I think that you make good sense, and do not have the impression that the Marvel cosmic entities are generally presented as having anywhere near the scale of power that we have classified them at. I also do not see any mentions of an uncountably infinite number of higher dimensions that are each considered as higher infinities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back