• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote myself on the issues there; 1) Infinite is just a hyperbole. 2) The infinite space inside the book does not match the limited book as it is when seen from the outside, so to affect (lift) the book is just to affect a regular book because that is what it is. 3) It's a magic book. Hence it looks limited w/o being limited. 4) "Infinite" isn't a hyperbole but it goes as in "ever-growing", it being finite but forever in the future growing in size.

This is no better than some random infinite power statement. The issue outside the feat itself is how Thor and everyone who scales to him have issues lifting things of limited weight.
Does anyone have anything to say about this?
Should Thor's intelligence be "Gifted, Nigh-Omniscient with Cosmic Awareness"?

Last edited:
I've found something useful to support multiversal Odin
That seems far too vague, and, if I remember correctly, the guidebook in question was written by Tom DeFalco, who is extremely prone to very hyperbolic statements, and it was evidently just intended to get new readers interested in reading the Marvel comic books, not to be taken extremely seriously.

Well, it's not vague. One could say that maybe they could only destroy and create the multiverse all together, but it's decently understandable from that text that any one of them could do it.

If other staff gets evidence against statements made by Tom DeFalco then that's something, but otherwise it's nothing we can work on to deny this.

Marvel does very likely power creeps the relevance and limits of super feats that came before into irrelevance and then doesn't stop there for the future, but that's just them being stupid. It doesn't mean that when they do it they're wrong. If they state X is 2-A then X is 2-A. It doesn't matter that it's intended to get new readers interested to get in on Marvel via how cool its OPness is because doing that=/=showing false info because of it.

Now, a good point would be if if we had evidence from the comics of a few of this characters being unable to deliver on destroying or creating a multiverse, which takes far more relevance and thus makes this statement be dismissed. But w/o that, I agree with using it.

Mind you, Tom DeFalco is still a genuinely really nice guy as far as I am aware. I just don't find a scan with snippets of information that roughly said: "Aaaaarrrrg! Odin (a character that I love and wrote for a long time) is more powerful than Mikaboshi." reliable.

Mind you again, Tom DeFalco wrote the most likeable versions of Thor and Odin. I have nothing whatsoever against him as a person.
I accidentally posted this in another thread, but it applies here. I apologise for any resulting confusion.

I am making updates over time, if you guys paste "?action=watch" over the end of the link of this sandbox and press Enter you will see the updates it has over time, it can be unfollowed after this thread is over.

Otherwise it's kinda hard to update the thread with minor things I add over time.
Your sandbox needs to conform to the new Striking Strength revision.

Update so far: I'm in the part of the thread that says "Loki could use a small blog listing feats and anti-feats", building that in this blog that you guys can follow in the same way, but it turns out I found even more anti-feats he had around the issues I was going to list, as well as solid evidence to dismiss speed feats where characters travel from Asgard to Earth as the Rainbow Bridge helps them in an invisible/not noticeable sort of way. I listed the latter for later elsewhere and I got bored with both things at Thor Vol 1 369, so I'm moving on with the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back