• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Venom Symbiote Pagemaking, Help Needed!

Thank you for helping out.

The page should probanly be created then.
Wouldn't High 8-C, higher with Hosts be the better wording here for the Tier section
Would this be a good solution?

Wouldn't High 8-C, higher with Hosts be the better wording here for the Tier section
No really. Because their ap value is pretty much the same.

I think adding Keys to it would solve the issue tho;
  • High 8-C by itself | Varies up to High 8-C with hosts
Like yeah, it's high 8-c by itself already, but some of the hosts don't use it's abilities to its best or some form of internal conflict might lower their powers. I could be misremembering but Lee Price was slightly weaker compared to Eddie or Flash due to bonding/comparability issues.

On a semi related note, 616 Spider-Man should be updated with a Symbiote key since he's a very relevant user yet doesn't have it listed on his profile. It's an accepted option but nothing on the profile indicates that.

Last edited:
No really. Because their ap value is pretty much the same.

I think adding Keys to it would solve the issue tho;
  • High 8-C by itself | Varies up to High 8-C with hosts
Like yeah, it's high 8-c by itself already, but some of the hosts don't use it's abilities to its best or some form of internal conflict might lower their powers. I could be misremembering but Lee Price was slightly weaker compared to Eddie or Flash due to bonding/comparability issues.
@Promestein

Wouldn't it be better and easiest to just create an extra powers and abilities section for the symbiote alone? I don't think that creating separate profile pages for each of the Venom, Toxin, Carnage, etcetera symbiotes seems relevant or interesting enough for our visitors.
If your problem with this is the idea of a bunch of symbiote profiles will cause problems that doesn’t seem to be the plan here carnage for example is very connected to their host yes it has separated but those instances aren’t common mean while venom symbiote and Eddie aren’t as exclusive the symbiote has had several users and instances alone it gets it own profile to help clarify what Eddie can’t use and explain the abilities given to other users and what the symbiote has on its own. It would be far more helpful compared to other symbiotes getting them.

Well, I think that I already agreed with the creation of this profile page.

On a semi related note, 616 Spider-Man should be updated with a Symbiote key since he's a very relevant user yet doesn't have it listed on his profile. It's an accepted option but nothing on the profile indicates that.
I'm surprised this isn't a thing already.

So do we have sufficient input here to go ahead?

I would prefer a reply from @Promestein first though.

Okay. Sorry.

This seems to have been accepted to be applied then.

Idk how to make a discussion page anymore but wanted to ask away anyways. Why does Venom have High-Mid regen and Carnage does not? Carnage is supposed to be superior to him and their Sony counterparts get High-Mid regens without any sources in their pages.

Last edited:
Idk how to make a discussion page anymore but to wanted ask away anyways. Why does Venom have High-Mid regen and Carnage does not? He's supposed to be superior to him and their Sony counterparts get high-mid regens without any sources and their pages.
@Confluctor

Should this be adjusted?

Sony, I have no idea because I avoid watching adaptations. But for carnage... I do remember on top of my head instances where he could qualify for that, but I will look at some feats of his soon so his Regen can be properly indexed

Idk how to make a discussion page anymore but to wanted ask away anyways. Why does Venom have High-Mid regen and Carnage does not? He's supposed to be superior to him and their Sony counterparts get high-mid regens without any sources and their pages.
Carnage has Low-High regen, since the Symbiote is able to regenerate from a puddle of flesh, down to even a single cell. Decently superior to High-Mid regen

Also Sony Venom's high-mid regen is justified by the Symbiote regenerating after nearly all of it's body mass was destroyed in an explosion. The clip should be linked tho

FYI Sony Carnage is superior to the former so it only makes sense his regen scales

Carnage has Low-High regen, since the Symbiote is able to regenerate from a puddle of flesh, down to even a single cell. Decently superior to High-Mid regen
Can you link to evidence, or give an issue reference, please?

Okay. So is the relevant evidence linked to, but the regeneration rating inaccurate, or do I misunderstand?

Low-High: The ability to regenerate from having no solid parts of the body remaining. This can range from a puddle or drop of blood to even a single cell. For robots and machines, this can also include regenerating from a liquid state.
So yeah it makes sense for Carnage

Yes.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Thanks for the responses. I actually misread the Venom pages for a bit and thought they had mid-high regeneration actually lol. But I'm fine now anyways

I posted the page btw, now only to fix up Eddie Brock's P&A to not list unnecessary abilities, which I'm in the process of doing.

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

So what, if anything, is left to do here?

Spider-Man should get a Symbiote key since it's a prominent power-up and he's like the second or third most relevant user to have hosted it.

images

Like we're working on that lol, it's gonna have a further cut-down version of Eddie's P&A section afterall.

Oh right I just noticed that some of the symbiotes like 616 Venom don't have absorption (I'm not sure how their power absorption works if it just devours people or something else) on their pages. Shouldn't that be a standard power for them? With how they can just completely eat their prey and other symbiotes like Riot from the Venom movie? Surely it someone like Carnage has done that a shit ton already.

Last edited:
Back