• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

Also to anyone wondering how Phoenix Wright would work on the wiki, he’s gonna be a bit different. I think his rating should be purposely based off what his gameplay shows he can do. The reason I say this is because his ending doesn’t involve him fighting Galactus, but instead taking him on using the legal system (pretty good Social Influencing TBH)

Part of my mind wants to include War Machine's MvC1 theme on Iron Man's future page gallery, because it was a remix of his MSH stage track (Acclaim had the character's video game rights at a time which was why Capcom didn't add him for MSHvSF and MvC1; Gold War Machine was the closest we got of him in latter), with the former's being remixed for MvC3. Even though they're clearly different characters.

Perhaps I should try to consider making galleries for both Ryu and Cyclops at some point, to maybe make them more complete like Spidey's (hopefully I shouldn't forget my other projects in this wiki).

Speaking of speedsters, I wonder if Lonkitt gives low-tier/High 6-B characters either a different speed tier or keeps them the same.
Unless something higher comes up, it’s likely going to be Supersonic via scaling to Wesker

Also in case anyone's curious, Mech Zangief is only a super armour based transformation, meaning its only meant to given him a stone wall status. Basically, he wasn't amped in AP when he performed the High 6-B feat

Colossus has some scaling to Magneto and Zangief straight up asked him to help with Omega Red when he was causing trouble in Russia. Not even anyone else, literally just Omega Red was that much of a threat. Makes sense given Omega Red’s scaling

Ah yea, if possible, I'd be happy to help with the profiles. Cuz of college, I don't really have much time to research (at least for an extended period of time), so would sending me information for me to just add into a profile be sufficient?

I’m glad you asked about Ruby Heart. Yeah, I’d love to get the original characters from MvC2 some pages. In terms of assistance, if there’s any abilities of note you see displayed from any of the characters, it would be very helpful to share them, or if you’d want to compile the movesets of a specific characters, that would also be good

It really helps for making the profile creation process quicker so pages can come out at a faster rate

I'll start up a workshop soon. If you could present the stats for characters in MVC2 for me, I would appreciate it.
Depends on the character

Characters who scale to Galactus, Onslaught, or those who have fought the aforementioned characters are High 5-A with Relativistic speeds and Class Y lifting strength

Low-tier characters are High 6-B with Supersonic speeds and At least Class 5 lifting strength

So here's a few recommendations
-Remove the "at least" for the AP and Speed ratings
-Remove the intelligence scaling to Ryu and Jill since she doesn't have anything that supports her matching them in skill
-I'd take out the Darkstalkers tidbit. I only learned this recently, but a translated Japanese interview for MvC2 reveals that Ruby, Amingo, and SonSon were all made for MvC2, and weren't scrapped Darkstalkers characters
-For range, I'd write this:
Standard Melee Range, Up to Several Meters with melee weapons (Her longest reaching melee weapon is a whip), Tens of Meters with ranged attacks, Hundreds of Meters with the Partenaire

So here's a few recommendations
-Remove the "at least" for the AP and Speed ratings
-Remove the intelligence scaling to Ryu and Jill since she doesn't have anything that supports her matching them in skill
-I'd take out the Darkstalkers tidbit. I only learned this recently, but a translated Japanese interview for MvC2 reveals that Ruby, Amingo, and SonSon were all made for MvC2, and weren't scrapped Darkstalkers characters
-For range, I'd write this:
Standard Melee Range, Up to Several Meters with melee weapons (Her longest reaching melee weapon is a whip), Tens of Meters with ranged attacks, Hundreds of Meters with the Partenaire
currently working on the iron man profile, but I will say I don't really have the software to render the images. I'll have unrendered photos for now though.

There's a mvc1 cabinet at a restaurant a few miles away from my house. The button and joystick felt like hell to use though.

W. A laundromat I used to go to had Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, but they removed it for some reason. It was the first time I've heard of Shuma Gorath too.

I'm planning on publishing the Ruby Heart profile soon, so if anyone has any suggestions or wants to argue that Abyss is High 5-A like the other bosses, please do so asap.

Back