• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse Discussion Thread 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxnumb231 said:
taiji in chinese concept is dualiy and blah blah and the roots of existence. i heard there's a statement that without taiji The Throne wouldnt exist.
taiji is beyond duality and origin of it

Taiji (simplified Chinese: Õñ¬µ×ü; traditional Chinese: Õñ¬µÑÁ; pinyi: 't├áij├¡'; literally: 'great pole') is a Chinese cosmological term for the "Supreme Ultimate" state of undifferentiated absolute and infinite potential, the oneness before duality, from which Yin and Yang originate, can be compared with the old Wuji (þäíµÑÁ, "without ridgepole").

The (2nd century BCE) confucianist and daoist Huainanzi mentions a Zhenre "true person; perfected person" and the Taiji "Supreme Ultimate" that transcends categories like yin and yang, exemplified with the yinyang fusui and fangzhu mirrors.

The fundamental postulate is the "great primal beginning" of all that exists, t'ai chi ― in its original meaning, the "ridgepole". Later Indian philosophers devoted much thought to this idea of a primal beginning. A still earlier beginning, wu chi, was represented by the symbol of a circle. Under this conception, t'ai chi was represented by the circle divided into the light and the dark, yang and yin, [1]. This symbol has also played a significant part in India and Europe. However, speculations of a Gnostic-dualistic character are foreign to the original thought of the I Ching; what it posits is simply the ridgepole, the line. With this line, which in itself represents oneness, duality comes into the world, for the line at the same time posits an above and a below, a right and left, front and back ― in a word, the world of the opposites. (1967:lv)

Taiji is understood to be the highest conceivable principle, that from which existence flows. This is very similar to the Daoist idea "reversal is the movement of the Dao". The "supreme ultimate" creates yang and yin: movement generates yang; when its activity reaches its limit, it becomes tranquil. Through tranquility the supreme ultimate generates yin. When tranquility has reached its limit, there is a return to movement. Movement and tranquility, in alternation, become each the source of the other. The distinction between the yin and yang is determined and the two forms (that is, the yin and yang) stand revealed. By the transformations of the yang and the union of the yin, the 5 elements (Qi) of water, fire, wood, metal and earth are produced. These 5 Qi become diffused, which creates harmony. Once there is harmony the 4 seasons can occur. Yin and yang produced all things, and these in their turn produce and reproduce, this makes these processes never ending. (Wu, 1986) Taiji underlies the practical Taijiquan (T'ai Chi Ch'ua) ― A Chinese internal martial art based on the principles of Yin and Yang and Taoist philosophy, and devoted to internal energetic and physical training. Taijiquan is represented by five family styles: Chen, Yang, Wu(Hao), Wu and Sun. There are also several offshoots of the five families as well as more recent simplified and combined styles for competition.

SleepyTBubble said:
You're too late. He already is and in the same site allowed for a backer function to get donations like Pantheon
He has already got over 1M Yen. Pretty damn good in such a short time
he can't find a new company or some? he is about creating a entire of visual novel by his own money?

You serious? So it's like a kick star project now?

I would totally support him if it means he would finish the story. The pantehon setup was too good to be wasted.

doubt they'll make another attempt at it considering mobage was essentially what killed the company and masada is seemingly doing all these stuff indepedently without any company backing him out this time

I guess the story now will just foucs on first heavn and dealing with Naraka instead of exploring all worlds now? Mithra make it seems like she planned all the shit that happened up till 7th heaven and she was just playing 4-D chess this whole time.

ZERO7772 said:
Based on everything that was shown, how would you rank the Hadou gods?
power:1- Hajun 2- Muzan 3- Mercuries/Marie Route Marie 4- Reinhard 5- Ren Fujii 6- Marie 7- Satanel 8- Shinga

favorite: 1- Shinga aka my waifu 2- Muzan 3- Reinhard 4- Satanel 5- Hajun 6- Mercurius 7- Ren Fujii 8- Marie

Power wise? personally: Hajun > Muzan > Ren* > Mercurius > Reinhard > Marie/Satanael/Hirume

Mithra's strenght is unkown since we never saw her fighting so I'll keep her as ?

• Ren in Pantheon is post KKK Yato so I think he should have kept his srenght.

EvilMegaCookie said:
... Why is Muzan being ranked above everyone when we don't even know how he did what he did?
Wasn't it said it's because of his commandments? And the hype of people because he managed to cut one of Hajun's toes lol. True, we don't know the state of the others. They might as well all be equals for all we know.

EvilMegaCookie said:
... Why is Muzan being ranked above everyone when we don't even know how he did what he did?
Muzan hype.

I disagree with it since there's so much left out but whatever lol

He vowed to kill the rest and finish his great work after they'll deal with Naraka so he's seems pretty confident in his strenght, take it however you want but the hype Masada built for him says something and I believe he's top tier among the Hadou Gods.

Hmm Personally I would rank the gods like this: Hajun > Muzan > Merc/Marie > Reinhard > Ren > Satanel > Amaterasu(?)

Mithra is a wild card and I can't put any guess on her power tbh. Although she would be weaker than Muzan if I have to guess.

if we go by power hajun>> Ren(if we assume he still has the same power that he had in K3)> merc and rein> satanel>muzan> mithra>Marie (for reasons of being non combatant)>maybe amaterasu

Sephiron000 said:
He vowed to kill the rest and finish his great work after they'll deal with Naraka so he's seems pretty confident in his strenght, take it however you want but the hype Masada built for him says something and I believe he's top tier among the Hadou Gods.
I mean that's no different from Hajun threatening Naraka and the other five beings to decimate them when he will have the opportunity and to take their place or smth

Anyway we shall see

Maxnumb231 said:
if we go by power hajun>> Ren(if we assume he still has the same power that he had in K3)> merc and rein> satanel>muzan> mithra>Marie (for reasons of being non combatant)>maybe amaterasu
I don't understand why you would put Muzan behind Satanael when it was said he could never defeat him throught might? That's why resorted to messing with time and retconning him which Muzan approved. I remind you that Muzan is titled as the only undefeated God in the history of the Throne.

What I mean is he's definitly higher than Satanael.

EvilMegaCookie said:
Scratching Hajun >>> All DI gods put togethere.

Pretty sure Masada commented on Muzan having high offensive power due to his "commandment" and while it's true that we don't know exactly how his power work, he still managed a feat that not all Dies Irae gods put together could achieve. It's guesswork but that what we have for now.

Sephiron000 said:
Maxnumb231 said:
I don't understand why you would put Muzan behind Satanael when it was said he could never defeat him throught might? That's why resorted to messing with time and retconning him which Muzan approved. I remind you that Muzan is titled as the only undefeated God in the history of the Throne.
What I mean is he's definitly higher than Satanael.
what does might have to do with anything if satanel's abilities could affect muzan to where he loses then that's his L. I dont remember where it was said muzan can never be defeated by satanel through might and the approval of muzan as well. being the undefeated god is inherently not impressive in his era so that statement holds no weight what so ever.

As for Ren, if we assume he still have his power from K3 "Which he most likely does" then I would put him around Muzan level.

This part of their conversatio Also, later when he's presenting himself:

Turning the world into almost the same one would've been boring.

Then there's no reason to give up on the Throne.

As I said, I had no self-destructive thoughts, and if it would be all the same — then I won't surrender the Throne.

I will choose my demise myself.

In the Hell where evil feeds on evil, I won't concede the Throne until there blooms the flower different from the Remorseless(Muzan).

And Nerose Satanael arose.

Seeing the flourishing Morning Star ahead, I left everything to him.

Power: Throne Mercurius (Bullshit law, lmao) > Hajun >>>>>>>>> Off-Throne Merc/Ren/Reinhard > Marie > Satanel/Amaterasu

No idea where Mithra or Muzan are.

Favorite: Reinhard > Mercurius > Ren > Muzan > Hajun > Satanel > Marie > Amaterasu

I never read the Pantheon Prolouge, so I don't really know anything about Ama's personality.

@Sephiron He can't moonrune lol

@Warren Just a reminder that Mercurius pulling off that feat is astronomically low

Merc law with Throne is such nonsense, dude apparently has a chance of retconning Hajun from existence

As for Muzan, honestly, says what you will but the amount of hype Masada was giving him in that 2 hours prologue is astonishing, almost every character goes out of their way to talk about how amazing and powerful he is.

We seriously need to replace the quotes on the character profiles because just seeing the chants is boring. Spiff them up a lá Warhammer 40K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back