• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mass Effect AP/Durability Revision

OK for some reason we have penetrating power on Commander Shepard's profile for his weapons, but based on the codex and script mass effect projectiles are mean to shatter on contact or a little later for AP rounds to increase energy transfer. So I would propose just taking that off their profiles. Also for the weapon ratings instead of likely 9B I suggest just putting it as 9B to 9A with standard weaponry (assault rifles and pistols are 9B, Krukrov did a calc that put sniper rifles at 9A)

Also for some reason, Shepard and Wrex's Durability rating format is very messed up. There's no ratings for kinetic barriers and didn't specify for biotic barriers. We definitely need to fix that.

More importantly though I would suggest scaling down biotic abilities slightly. We based their current biotic AP off of a calc Krukrov did for the destruction of the Kett ship; however, the calc assumes that the missiles actual explosive impact were what destroyed the ship comepletely. If you look at the video closely, this is clearly not true. The missiles make impact but the ship doesn't actually get destroyed till a few seconds later after the missiles stop hitting it, with the initial impacts not seeming to do as much damage. I would think that the missiles damaged some critical unit of the ship which triggered a catastrophic explosion. This is supported by the fact that the ship continues to have explosions along the surface even after no more missiles are hitting it before finally actually exploding in one massive explosion.

However, based off the fireball level effects (rough calcing using a ruler and the picture it - it seems around 100-200m diameter each - the fireballs are inconsistent - I got the fireball calcs from nukemap) we see initially, they would still be at the very least Low 7-C (probably 7-C actually based on how many hits they got in the second wave - around 4-6?) based on how many hits they tanked, so it's still not much of a downgrade

Ooh thanks that's really helpful. I'll get on that once I'm done prepping for Christmas. Thanks!

Going by the paragraphs.

1 and 2 are fine.

3 I am tempted to chalk this up to the missles tbh, can I have a link for the video? Plus, we have biotic barriers resisting similar effects in the series before, so I find this be consistent.

4. Video? Can I also have a calc? Because I am not seeing much here. Not that I disagree with this, but it is a little wonky

3 and 4 go together, even if it was downgraded to Low 7-C, the gap between Low 7-C and High 7-C isnt that big, thus leading to 3 being consistent in verse.

Although to be fair, I dont recall the fireballs being that big, might even be lower. Might be best to request a calc group member to make a calc for that unless it already exists.

Yeah again these are fairly minor, especially 1,2. 3,4 I'm just not sure about so I'm bringing it up (They actually might still be High 7C just not by Krukov's method I think for the reasons I stated. You're right I should probably request a calc.)

3 - Yeah here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNYHpa3trAs&feature=youtu.be&t=14m8s. Sorry you'll have to go back like 30 seconds to see the actual missile impacts. Also yes we do but I'm fairly sure this is the highest calced. The others were all 8-A to 7-C not High 7-C. I think just down to 7-C is good b/c they tanked several explosions (4-6+ - which would put them in 7-C at least), but they were fairly staggered by them; also you would have to divide by 2 b/c there were 2 biotics.

4 - No calcs yet but I got the results from using a frozen shot of the initial explosions then using a ruler to scale from the length of the ship which Krukov calculated. I can probably edit together a picture demonstrating? Sorry, I don't know where to request calcs (I'm still fairly new can you explain the process?).

Back