• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mass Effect "Bullet Timing"

How fast are the bullets of a Mass Accelerator gun? Just curious, not as knowledgeable on the verse as I'd like to be.

ThePerpetual said:
How fast are the bullets of a Mass Accelerator gun? Just curious, not as knowledgeable on the verse as I'd like to be.
I've heard that ME bullets are Relativistic in speed, I can't seem to find a source though

ThePerpetual said:
2 options at this time

First being no slower than the M-920 Cain's 5,000 m/s from lore

Second being this I guess. The number makes sense at any rate given the bullets are generally the size of sand grains once shaved from the metal block clip IIRC.

The handguns aren't relativistic. They're speciffically limited in speed at an infantry level due to recoil noted in the lore.

And he's a clown that's treating the series as some kind of special snowflake

Why should I care if he wants to selectively apply a thought to Mass Effect that can be applied to any franchise?

Most notably Dragon Ball

His post is a wall of text where he spends his time saying nothing of any merit

If all you have as a rebuttal is an implied "I don't like this"?

Don't waste my time *shrugs*

I hate half the results I get, I don't let that dictate what I consider useable

I don't particularly dislike it, nor was I intending to make any sort of rebutteal, simply wasn't anticipating that sort of result. I don't know, what does everyone else think? IIRC we count something similar with bullets in Metal Gear.

I wasn't either *shrugs*

I was kind of bored and figured "hey, I have a measuring stick, let's see if I can deduce the speed of other gunfire"

Wouldn't know Metal Gear too well. Only did some excelsus feat on request before

Depends on how direct a hit we're talking (something I don't remember at the moment)

Because a combination of Biotics and a Grenade (albeit a powerful one given the damage to the Floor around Aria and behind her) killed a Praetorian at the explosions Epicenter

Feat i questio

Aria was mostly unharmed from a few meters away though

And a rocket from a gunship should be more powerful than any kind of infantry weapo that's not considered a Heavy Weapon at any rate... especially one off explosives where you don't need to worry about overheating your gun.

Not sure

Wouldn't call that direct though

Good feat however

Is this his raw durability? Or would the kinetic barrier played any part in eating the missile? I forget.

I'm not sure his kinetic barrier was involved, it might've been recharging due to tanking hits from it's machine guns seconds before. It might be his own durability due to the hole on the side of his collar ƒñö

Probably didn't involve his kinetic barrier at any rate

IIRC, those typically shimmer in front of you when they're impacted *shrugs*

That was lacking here as far as I could tell

So long as they're wearing comparable armor

I don't imagine he'd be alive without his armor

Wouldn't sell other races short though. James Vega took a nice beating from that Krogan in the film while it was destroying chunks of rock. The Biotic Essex takes one too from Brood IIRC. Krogan and Yahg seem more or less comparable especially when ME2 Shepard can't outright overpower one (sned them onto their asses), just stagger them (which does suggest parity at any rate)

@ChaosTheory123 So, what specifically does this mean for the speed levels of the Mass Effect characters?

They're some degree of hypersonic

Just a matter of deducing what degree

Which is simple enough, I just have to get around to comparing how far the bullets travel compared to Vega

I can do the same with the Biotic Essex vs a Collector Assault Rifle too later in the film, but I'll hold off on that one until I can find either the scene online or someone that possesses the film on their harddrive makes me a webm. I prefer of late to have the feat in my blogs too, not just screen caps of specific frames of the feat.

Back