• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Nanatsu no Taizai Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as some of you may know already the profiles for NNT right now is atrocious. Some of the calcs are outdated and there are some problems with the scaling. So in this thread we will be looking over some of the current feats that will affect the new scaling but aren't accepted or aren't clear which end was accepted yet. We'll get to the new scaling in another thread. For now we only discuss the calcs in this thread.

So here we have Ruin Shaking the Baste Dungeo which hasn't been evaluated yet but it would scale to the Low tiers of the series with a power level around 400 and probably up to 1000. Low end of Method 2 was accepted.

This calc is now outdated due to the storm revisions. Which means 7-A NNT Low Tiers is no longer valid. And from what DMUA said Gilthunder's storm would fall under the generic storm calcs. And according to ByAsura in the discussion thread it would probably be Low 7-B+ or 7-B. So in this thread we will be figuring out whether or not Gilthunder's storm is the former or the latter. This would scale to the characters with a power level between 1k and 2k. If it's literally a tornado boi acting like it's 1999: 5.939037654986E16 Joules, 14.1946406667937 Megatons, City level was accepted for the storm.

Next we have Griamore's Wall constantly being stated to be capable of tanking meteors. This would scale to the 2k+ characters since a casual human sized Diane could easily destroy his wall. So we'll be discussing if this is usable. Probably going to be a supporting feat so no need to discuss this any further.

Than we have the the infamous Danafor calc. So as VersusJunkie54 brought up in some of the previous threads. The vaporization end was accepted because there was a panel that supposedly implied Meliodas Hellblaze to destroy Danafor. However this was the only instance it was implied that Meliodas destroyed it with Hellblaze. All other instances implied it was destroyed via Darkness and not Hellblaze. So we will be discussing if we should go back to using the pulverization end of the calc instead of the vaporization end. Although I'm pretty sure even if the vaporization end is accepted it would still be an outlier since nothing else in the series ever came close to Low 6-B+. This would scale to the characters around 40k to 60k. Here is ByAsura's reasoning. Everybody accepted Pulverization.

Finally we have Chandler's meteor. This was kind of ignored because pretty much everybody in the verse was already scaled to better feats for quite a while. But now that the verse is getting downgraded we need to figure out which end of the meteor should be used. Liger686's mid end was accepted.

Baste shaking looks good.

For Gilthunder's storm, I think that it would fit the 9 megaton end of the generic storm calcs.

I have no opinion on Griamore's wall as of now, I'll wait for more discussion on that.

My stance on Dandafor is already quite clear, lol.

For Chandler's meteor... I think the 10 second end for Liger's calc makes the most sense in the context of an ongoing battle here. As it wouldn't make any sense for a bunch of meteors to just be flying down from the sky, and taking 30 or more seconds to do so.

Well my main problem with the Chandler meteor calc is that this was done by a heavily weakened Base Chandler under an unknown amp at night. And Base Chandler's full power is only on par with Base Zeldris who is 61k.

Hmmm. That could be an issue. And the Night amp demons get is completely unquantifiable as of now. I want to know what everyone else thinks about the feat.

For the meteorite calc don't you think 10 seconds is a little too much? I've seen a lot of meteorites calcs and the quickest I've seen was 30 seconds or they don't use a assumed time frame at all. Of course content matters here but is the time frame valid?

So it's just another supporting feat than. Should I just remove it from the op? Since it's pretty much just a supprting feat that only scales to weakened Base Chandler while amped by night. Or should I just leave it there anyways?

Well, problem with Meliodas nuking Daifanor is that it got 7-A results in a recalculation using Vaporization.

VersusJunkie54 said:
For Gilthunder's storm, I think that it would fit the 9 megaton end of the generic storm calcs.
I'll have to disagree here.

The storm was thundering and storming, but it wasn't particularly violent or intense. In fact, it was relatively mild all things considered.

There was some thunder though, so, 6.02 Megatons would be the best end way I see it.

And what end are we going to use?

Also I just realized he had 6-C results...

Regardless you get the idea. We'll definitely have to look into meteoric stuff.

Pulverization for the Danafor calc according to VersusJunkie54. Also the Danafor calc isn't the only 6-C feat. Drole also has a 6-C feat. So even if the Danafor calc is no longer 6-C most NNT High Tiers would still be around the 6-C range scaling from Drole.

Cool.

So we've got Low 7-B, then 6-C after getting unsealed, High 6-C for... Whenever that meteor thing scales?

I'm an anime pleb please no

Low 7-B+ was casually done by Gilthunder who is Likely 7-B for being able to somewhat keep up with Sealed Base Meliodas. So the casual storm feat could probably scale to the likes of Guila and Griamore.

6-C scales to the stronger Ten Commandments. High 6-C end of the meteor doesn't seem to be accepted. So it's just going to be another 6-C supporting feat.

If it's causal then he'd probably be 7-B

Literally, it's .3 Megatons away from the tier.

Oh so solid 7-B Gilthunder and Howzer than. Guila and Griamore will still probably be Low 7-B+ for being weaker than he is.

Guila still fought all the sins though, not sure why she'd be weaker.

They were actually being really causal throughout the entire first arc. After Meliodas stopped holding back he pretty much instantly stomped Unsealed Second Form Dale who has a power level of 2,490 and was stated to be too much for the new generation holy knights to handle.

Casual against someone who was kicking their teeth in?

Pretty sure Meliodas was mostly a threat when he had an actual weapon on hand

They actually didn't take damage at all. They even said later on Diane didn't take any damage from Guila's attacks and only took it so Meliodas would worry for her. Ban took damage but he's pretty much a glass cannon as shown many times in the series.

Also human sized Diane while holding back stomped Griamore. And after getting a bit serious she stomped Howzer. And this was while she was in human form when she only had a power level of around 2.3k.

Basically throughout the entire first arc the sins were holding back to ridiculous degrees and never really got serious until they entered the kingdom.

Well the main problem is Nanatsu no Taizai's weird durability. Much weaker characters can hurt much stronger characters as long as they have a weapon. Ban was able to tank a punch from Unsealed First Form Dale who's power level was 2,490 but somehow get injured by Jude who was only around 400 because he had a weapon.

Also like I said in the op.

We'll get to the new scaling in another thread. For now we are only going to discuss the calcs in this thread.

Peter1129 said:
Well, they do explain that weapons, specifically sacred treasures, do let you output way more Mana then normal

Though yeah that is pretty wacky

Jude just stabbed Ban with a normal metal spike or something. And there was also that time a kid manage to slightly hurt Ban with a pitchfork.

But yeah Ban isn't the only one with weird durability. Hawk is also kinda weird. He got hurt by Ruin's casual strikes and was almost knocked out and yet he could survive explosions from Guila and still keep on moving like nothing happened. And I think there was also that time he slightly hurt himself when he knocked down the metal door.

Same with the entire fight with Estarossa/Mael. Sariel and Tarmiel couldn't hurt 3C Estarossa with their ark blasts but could easily cut him up with ark blades and other weird stuff regarding their durability.

Peter1129 said:
Jude just stabbed Ban with a normal metal spike or something. And there was also that time a kid manage to slightly hurt Ban with a pitchfork.
But yeah Ban isn't the only one with weird durability. Hawk is also kinda weird. He got hurt by Ruin's casual strikes and was almost knocked out and yet he could survive explosions from Guila and still keep on moving like nothing happened. And I think there was also that time he slightly hurt himself when he knocked down the metal door.

Same with the entire fight with Estarossa/Mael. Sariel and Tarmiel couldn't hurt 3C Estarossa with their ark blasts but could easily cut him up with ark blades and other weird stuff regarding their durability.
It's not quite as weird as you think. You can do more damage with a sharp/pointy object than you can with your fists. So to a degree it makes sense for them to be able to kinda slice characters capable of stomping them.

DMUA said:
Well, problem with Meliodas nuking Daifanor is that it got 7-A results in a recalculation using Vaporization.
The feat itself has yet to be properly evaluated though. And even if it were this low, we've still got other 6-C feats.

That's kinda the main problem with the current scaling. Most of the profiles scale much weaker characters to much stronger characters just because they managed to stab or injure stronger characters with a weapon. Even though this is highly inconsistent with the fact that the stronger characters could take much more blunt damage from characters on their level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back