• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive SCP Downgrades: Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overlord775 said:
SCP-173 nack snaps by rotating the head backwards 180┬░, so it would be 9-B
Except no, it doesn't.

To my knowledge this is never stated anywhere, the only thing we get about SCP-173's attacks on it's page is "Object is reported to attack by snapping the neck at the base of the skull, or by strangulation". Nothing about full head rotation.

I have added in revisions that were directly agreed on here.

Please comment here if there is other feats that can be used for Kondraki and the other doctors, or other feats for 096/682/076/173/106/other big name scips that frequently interact with one another.

Why is 173 still 9-B? He lacks any other feats besides neck snapping, also can anybody review my sandbox for 173?

Because I want to tackle that in the Part 1.5 thread alongside other minor tiering updates.

Alright question: Since Clef is the department head of troop training, should he be 9-C by scaling to MTF units?

The exact text is:

"Current Assignment: Department Head: Division of Training and Development"

I don't think being the Department Head of Division Training scales Clef to MTF soldiers any more than we would scale Donald Trump to U.S. Soldiers through being Commander-in-Chief. We don't know exactly what the title signifies outside of the words themselves.

Unless there's a tale where he's physically traning them, in which case nvm.

This is corroborated in the GOC's skill assessment of him:

"Skills Assessment

• Certified adequate in standard firearms array (pistol, shotgun, scoped and unscoped rifle, submachinegun, light machine gun).
  • Certified proficient in heavy firearms array (heavy machine gun, grenade launcher, shoulder-mounted rocket launcher).
  • Certified expert in demolitions.
  • Advanced Driver certification in Class A,B, and C vehicles.
  • Authorized Instructor at Lanthanide Hills Training Facility (field of expertise: Type Green KTEs)."
Note that he doesn't have proficiency in anything paricularly physically taxing.

Again though Clef might have feats I'm not aware of; I only really know the surface stuff.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/clef-and-dimitri-hit-the-road

"Clef wasted no time and nearly leapt over the heads of the terrified passengers in front of him, lunging for the approaching men. He connected with the one carrying the knife, knocking him to the floor also. Clef hauled back and slammed the palm of his hand into the man's face, quickly shattering the bridge of the man's nose. The man winced and staggered back, clutching his heavily bleeding nose, as Clef casually disarmed him with a complicated aikido wrist lock. He then drove the knife into the man's heart as Strelnikov finished rendering his man into a bloody, dying mess."

"The redneck tumbled over, knocking his compatriot out his seat and onto the pavement. Clef was on him in a flash, hauling him up and securing his arms behind his back with an unhealthy cracking of joints. One-eye regained his composure admirably, and stepped out in front of Dmitri."

10-A Clef

Also he should scale to Dmitri, a trained Russian Soldier, as he has fought alongside him on a few occasions.

Sounds good to me. Feel free to add the changes yourself, or I can if the page is locked.

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3242551/
This article states that the nasal bone takes anywhere from 241-815 J (10-A+ to 9-C) to simply fracture it.
Depends entirely on how it was hit.

Technically a 10-B could accomplish it by hitting at the right angle and focusing the force on a small surface area, but the context of the quote makes it seem like a blunt punch, which still could provide that level of energy without being particularly high into 10-A.

I think baseline 10-A is a safe bet until we have further feats.

Okay, so question: A lot of the characters scale to harming 682 anyway. But 682 has a durability feat of tanking multiple natural lightning bolts (which would be 8-C+ or High 8-C anyway)

So why is he At least 9-A rather than 8-C+ or High 8-C with the justification (Can trade attacks with entities that can harm him)?

Oh boy, here we go agai

Due to the nature of lightning, it isn't really an attack on whoever's struck. The energy just runs through as fast as it can and leaves a burn on the entry point, so you can't exactly scale dura.

Wouldn't destroying even a smaller skyscraper still be in the ballpark of 8-C? A skyscraper is at bare minimum 35 meters tall.

I see. That makes sense. By the way, shouldn't Article Canon 682's feat be calced on a blog and not directly on the profile? I remember Gotta Sweep's feat needing to be moved to a blog when it was on it's profile. It dosn't matter that much, though.

As a heads-up, I know I mentioned earlier I was planning on making a part 1.5 and part 2 to this.

Ironically enough Weekly came in with new information that confounded the planned revision. We're at least looking over significant feats now, although more time is needed as a result.

Dargoo Faust said:
As a heads-up, I know I mentioned earlier I was planning on making a part 1.5 and part 2 to this.
Ironically enough Weekly came in with new information that confounded the planned revision. We're at least looking over significant feats now, although more time is needed as a result.
What was it gonna be about?

Dargoo Faust said:
Fill me in on Discord I need to shove it into my Foundation profile.

Did he post it in the server?

If I may ask, what progress & conclusions have been made here? What's to be done?

Thread's been inactive a fair bit so far, & I'm a little curious.

Long and heated arguments that go absolutely nowhere, if my own experience with a similar situation is anything to go by.

Imaginym said:
If I may ask, what progress & conclusions have been made here? What's to be done?

Thread's been inactive a fair bit so far, & I'm a little curious.
Hasn't this set of downgrades already finished?

Check the profiles, they've been downgraded from High 8-C to 9-A.

Agnaa is referring to the ones in this thread.

Weekly is referring to ones that haven't officially been brought to a CRT yet.

Not for this thread. Further revisions will have their own thread.

I highly doubt it, considering the changes proposed in this thread have already been made to the profiles.

EDIT: ****.

So if the suggested changes here have been applied, should we close this thread?

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Long and heated arguments that go absolutely nowhere, if my own experience with a similar situation is anything to go by.
Ironically; it's the opposite: radio silence from all involved parties.

@Ant Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back