• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Max Irvaron vs. Jonathan (Demon Distortion)

Jonathan is still traveling accross the Multiverse lookking for good fighters. He encounters Max in one universe and noted how powerful he looked. He asked Max if they could fight together and he obliges.

Oldest Horrors Arc Jonatha vs. Base Max Irvaro

Victory by K.O. or Death.

Fighters start off 20 meters.

Speed is equalized.

Who wins and why?

I'm going to give my vote to Max. Why?

1. Range advantage. Max has many projectiles, not saying that Jonathan doesn't. However, Max has both Homing Attack and Danmaku in his skillset, easily overpowering Jonathan.

2. Max has a resistance to Time Manipulation, Reality Warping and Soul Manipulation, three of Jonathan's most powerful attributes. That leaves him with only long-range and short-range attacks, no Time Stop or anything like that.

3. Max has Extrasensory Perception and Stealth Mastery, which could easily help him sneak around Jonathan and let him notice when Jonathan's nearby.

4. Max has MFTL+ everything. That means he can outpace Jonathan in combat.

And those are my reasons.

Alright then. Personally I'm inconclusive about this.

By the way, Jonathan doesn't have Time Manipulation or Reality Warping, just resistance to those two abilities.

Also does Max have resistance to Transmuatation or becoming sober? This could play into Jonathan's favor here.

I'm honestly leaning more on Max because of Danmaku and Homing attack (Though Jonathan is very familiar with both) but his stealth could definitely give him the win as well but I'm just curious.

I see. Then I'll vote Max High difficulty. His Danmaku and Homing Attack, while Jonathan has dealt with before, could be a problem for him. Despite Jonathan having the thousand years more experience here, he actually hasn't dealt with stealthy opponents. Considering the starting distance, Jonathan could potentially fight enough to get his Transmuatation power where all Max has to do is turn around and he becomes a salt statue but that is unlikely to happen considering other factors that need to be taken in like how Max can space Jonathan out with his massive range advantage and go in for a good hit to him or spam him with Danmaku and Homing Attacks which he can only deal with for so long.

So gonna start the score then:

Jonathan: 0

Max: 2

Inconclusive: 0

Then i'll place on my vote on Max as well, based on the reasoning above me.

Welp, rules state:

However if a battle reaches with 3 votes for either character or inconclusive and no other voter comes by to give another vote in the thread, it is likely possible to end it with just those 3 after a certain amount of time has passed (ex. a day passes and the thread has about 3 votes only if absolute necessary.

So I guess we can wait a day to add this then.

Good idea.

...To be frank, I thought this was going to be one of those ongoing ones. Whatever. Overpowered Archie-verse is overpowered.

Hue. That's true. I'm not mad or anything even. I'm glad my character was featured in a fight at all. Good match at least.

Back