• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Black Panther

Captain Marvel

• The Precognition is straight up unfounded, should be removed. WoG has no meaning if it's featless.
  • She has Heat Manipulation since that one kettle scene, where she uses it to boil the water (ha ha woman in the kitchen joke move on)
  • The Starforce Uniform has Light Projection with the helmet, and Cloth Manipulation
  • Automatic Translation since she states she has a Universal Translator
  • She has an at least Gifted intelligence, since she modded Fury's pager to have a galactic range, and was clearly capable of turning a payphone into a communicator
Ultro

• Ultron is actually a capable Pilot, Marksma and Combatant
  • He should get Inorganic Physiology and Limited Immortality (Types 1 and 6) because he's Ultron. Literally what the character is known for the most. Being a robot and hivemind. This implies he has a Limited Possession as well.
  • He should get Summoning with Preparation, because plot of the film
  • Okay this is a stretch, but listen, Ultron has scoured all of the internet, right? And he can retrieve this information anytime. This implies at the absolute least, he is a Supergenius, since he knows basically everything humanity has ever put on the internet.
Random Character Additions

Agreed for everything except Homing Attack and Sound Manipulation.

Silencing footsteps isn't the same as manipulating sound, especially since the habit absorbs energy (sound energy).

Homing attack is literally magnetism. It's a magnet that sticks to metal, that isn't comparable to say, a homing rocket which literally follows you everywhere.

If it is actively not making any sound, it is a form of limited sound manipulation in my opinion.

Fine ig

For Black Panther limited Sound Nullification with an explanation for himself should work or add the lack of sound to the description of his Stealth Mastery.

BP

• Limited Sound Manipulation: I don't remember her saying that
  • Cloth Manipulation: As Self-Cloth Manipulation
  • Putting Illusion Creation everytime somone uses a Hologram is getting out of hand. That's a tiny hologram that isn't meant to fool anyone.
  • Information Analysis & Body Control: I also don't remember, the latter could be healing.
CM

• Those feats should make her a genius tho.
U

• Sorry but I was going to make a thread pointing out how Pretty Good at Fighting=/=Martial Arts.
  • Summoning is wrong because they had the same consciousness and where moving where needed.
  • Supergenius is wrong, he's didn't scoure all of the internet, he went through it and can steal some info from some places of it.
RCA

• Crossbones should have text saying that his grenade is magnetic, homing attack would be way to limited.
I agree with all the rest.

BP:

• That's literally the reason why she calls them sneakers
  • K
  • I mean, technically speaking it is illusion, just not a combat applicable one. I'll not list it if it's misleading then.
  • Shuri uses it to scan Vision in Infinity War to look for any damages, and the latter is literally how Ross ends up in Wakanda.
Captain Marvel:

• It can, however I'm unsure whether it's just common Kree knowledge on Captain Marvel's part or how tough it may be, hence I was doubtful on it.
Ultron:

• In my opinion the page shouldn't be called Martial Arts to start with, should instead be renamed to Combat Mastery or something, we don't call Weapon Mastery "Military Training" or Vehicular Mastery "Piloting Skills", why is Martial Arts so unique. Anyhow it's besides the point.
  • fine
  • fine, but I reckon he's still an extraordinary genius
RCA:

• fine

CM

• I acknowledge it being common Kree knowledge as she would otherwise be an extraordinary genius.
U

• Iirc someone was going to make a page for proficiencies over anything, which would fit combat mastery, but Martial Arts are their own established things with real life practicality or over a fictional setting. Ultron throws punches and scratches anyone could do, doesn't he?

• K
  • Again though, we don't call Weapon Mastery "Military Training", which again, is its own established thing with alotta practicality. Funneling it down to just Martial Arts is just doing a disservice

Not technically true. Military combatives now a days takes a great deal from MMA and Jujitsu. Of course there's combat shooting and disarmament but just hand to hand is based on those two things.

Well I suppose it also depends on which military you're referring to.

Back