• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was promised, so it's about time it finally happens. The MCU CRT that is going to possibly save the verse once and for all!
So everything that needs to be discussed.

Top Tiers​

Tier 7 or above

High Tiers​

Low-High Tiers​

High-Mid Tiers​

Tier 7 or above

Mid Tiers​

Tier 7 or above

Low-Mid Tiers​

Mid-Low Tiers​

Low Tiers​

Street Tiers​

Avengers Assemble​

He didn't tank anything unless you prove the blast hit him for some reasons. The whole point of that stuff was not to touch the Power Stone because it practically kills anything.
  • Iron Man tanks meteor (72.06 gigatons, Island level+) *note: cal will explain why this feat is valid in his upcoming MCU CRT
I wonder what kind of excuse people are inventing to justify this. We will see.

The only real issue I see is surface area difference. Otherwise there's nothing massively wrong about it.
Which is a big deal, you can not try and make it seem like a meteor that created a tiny crater on an impact is somehow Island Level because "muh AP".
This is definetly a case of exploiting calculations and RL physics to bump up results.

I'd like to talk about the Eson the Searcher Tanking a power stone blast feat. I commented on the calc when it was originally made but couldn't reply due to some personal reason at the time. So i'll just address it here.

Eson the Searcher is a celestial, he is portrayed as thousands of feet tall in that small clip alone, just like his comic counterpart. In that clip we see Esons feet go behind large hills in the distance, in that scene he is miles away without a doubt. So assuming a height of ~20 metres is hugely underselling him.

It's not like his size would be inconsistent with other MCU celestials, Ego managed to create an entire planet around himself, Knowhere is the head of a celestial, which is massive enough to be considered a space station, and from what we've seen in the Eternals art so far, the Celestials in that will follow this trend.

I think that calc should put Eson at his comic height of around 2000ft, as he's clearly much, much larger than the calc gives him credit for.

I might be crazy, but why is an incredible value like 5509766.47 m/s (Mach 16063.46) being used as the speed of the meteor hitting Iron Man when we can see visibly that the speed of the meteor hitting Iron Man is significantly slower than that?

By the time the meteor hits Iron Man, it could have slowed down in the atmosphere to a much slower level, or it might never have been that fast to begin with depending on what you believe with Space Stone shenanigans, which explains why it doesn't cause nearly as much destruction as you'd expect from something of that size hitting the planet at 2% the speed of light, and why Iron Man is able to survive it.

Quicksilver destroys Ultron Sentries (3.37 tons, Large Building level) *note: Should scale to Captain America IMO, this is much closer to Iron Man being 8-B which makes more sense
Quicksilver isn't just running through them, within the afterimages you can see that he is striking them and moving to the next one. Using the KE of them being sent flying by him punching them seems off when just shattering them produces a drastically lower result.

RanaProGamer said:

Even if you ignore the fact that we are scaling this character to a feat that resulted in him losing a leg and almost dying, the calculation itself is flawed because it doesn't account for surface area and the fact the whole blast isn't caused by a singular explosion, but multiple.

RanaProGamer said:

This one is weird because it's suggesting Cap is falling at hypersonic speeds when punched but in the scene he's still falling at regular speeds after the time dilation stops.

RanaProGamer said:

Why are we at all assuming this was pulverization when it's just kicked up ash and dust that's not just from the rock itself? The battlefield was already scorched prior to this so it's not unreasonable to assume that's what it is. It seems to so odd to assume the rock is only 50% pulverized and the rest is violently fragmented instead of just going with violent fragmentation for the whole thing.

Last edited:
Some of those outliers will stay as outliers tho, like the Tier 4 feats, so no reason to mention them.
I dunno what to say about Ego's expansions, other than it something that happens overtime, so I doubt giving him a concrete tier like large country for his base power would be correct (At least from what I understand in the calc).
The link for the casked freezing a town leads to nothing.
  • Thor destroys Sokovia (463.85 megatons, Mountain level) *note: cal will explain why this feat is valid in his upcoming MCU CRT
There is simply no way in Thor can scale to the full destruction of sokovia, the process is as simply as it is; Tony overcharges the reactor, creates a heat seal to double several times Thor's lightning to destroy it. The whole plan was to Amp Thor's attack, there is not argument against it.

I would personally use a video of the scene rathar than a statitc image of Thor above the quinjet with a bolt of lightning, other than that I dunno.
The comparison to the 20 Megatons nukes could be usefull to support Tier 7 to an extent, but it shouldn't be used to fully scale as Ross could have also said that for fearmongering to futher his argument for the sokovia accords.
This is coming from the script I remember, which is straight up contradicted in the actual showcase as just some of the trees around were pushed, the rest of the forest seems pretty intact.
  • Iron Man generates X gigawatts.
Actually, using a power source is not the equivalent of scaling to that power source in AP, as Stark would immediatly run out of power the moment he shots all those gigawatts. So I guess that is another downgrade.

Abstractions summed up the issues of other cals, so I won't comment on them.

I will wait for the rest to say something, but the feats I didn't mentioned could be fine.

Last edited:
Time to give input on some things it seems. Ignoring outliers, or feats that wouldn't cause any upgrade.

• Eson the Searcher tanks a Power Stone blast (849.51 teratons, Continent level): As Kieran said, I think this is lowballed, Eson was shown to be the size of the hills in the background. On top of which, the feat needs to be revised, as the power stone got recalculated to be 23 yottatons, so it needs to be recalculated
  • Surtur parts clouds (1.29 gigatons, Large Mountain level): Dino had issues with the calc, however, I think there is a cloud parting feat right before surtur gets blown to pieces which may be used and get higher results
  • Surtur burns Asgard (31.22 megatons, City level): Agree with the calc, nothing wrong with it
  • Iron Man tanks meteor (72.06 gigatons, Island level+): I am iffy, the reason why the meteor was slow when it hit iron man may be a case of cinematic timing, and as Qawsed said, meteors don't lose that much speed in the atmosphere.
  • Thor creates a storm in the Battle of Earth (3.77 gigatons, Large Mountain level+): 100% agree that this should be used for an upgrade
  • Thor destroys Sokovia (463.85 megatons, Mountain level): I'll wait and see if Cal has an argument, neutral as I don't know Age of Ultron well
  • Thor and Hulk compared to 30 megaton nukes (30 megatons, City level): More a supporting feat, as ross meant that statement as Fearmongering

• Iron Man tanks meteor (72.06 gigatons, Island level+): I am iffy, the reason why the meteor was slow when it hit iron man may be a case of cinematic timing, and as Qawsed said, meteors don't lose that much speed in the atmosphere.
Well
  • Damage parted on IM = His SA / Meteor frontal surface area * total energy
  • D = 2 m^2 / 1586.19296 m^2 * 8.84253267954939556636988e19 joules
  • D = 0.00126088 * 8.84253267954939556636988e19 joules
  • D = 1.114937e+17 joules or 7-B

Well
  • Damage parted on IM = His SA / Meteor frontal surface area * total energy
  • D = 2 m^2 / 1586.19296 m^2 * 8.84253267954939556636988e19 joules
  • D = 0.00126088 * 8.84253267954939556636988e19 joules
  • D = 1.114937e+17 joules or 7-B
Hey, if the other stuff fails then we get a partial upgrade, also, I assume you accepted the non Roche limit (21 gigatons), instead of the 71 gigaton one
Anyway, what's your thoughts on Thor's storm feat that is High 7-A???

Last edited:
I'm fine with accepting the feats that have been evaluated and accepted. Looking at the comments, several of the feats have flaws or calc issues and given I don't know much about that type of stuff I'll not comment on it.

I do agree with the Outlier feats being outliers but I can't give much of any input in regards to the feats that hasn't already been said, sorry.

I'm fine with accepting the feats that have been evaluated and accepted. Looking at the comments, several of the feats have flaws or calc issues and given I don't know much about that type of stuff I'll not comment on it.

I do agree with the Outlier feats being outliers but I can't give much of any input in regards to the feats that hasn't already been said, sorry.
What's your thoughts on the High 7-A storm feat and Qawsed's meteor feat???

I can't much complain with the calc group if they've accepted it and have agreed on it being okay.

If the calculation team are happy with it then yes

Did my thing wrong:
  • Frontal Surface area would be 1586.19296 / 2 or 793.09648 m^2. Then just replacing the numbers
  • 0.002521 * 8.84253267954939556636988e+19
  • 2.2292e+17 Joules or 7-B+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back