• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY UPGRADE

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r30nn9RqlvE in the above clip the collector shows the guardians a clip of the power stone vaporizing about 10 people upon contact.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Gwynbleiddd/A_bad_approximation_of_the_energy_needed_to_vaporize_a_Human the above calc puts vaporization of a person at 25.5 kg of TNT and since the orb vaporized 10 people is 255 kg of TNT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yD4rvrmPhI Since the four of them were able to conatin it 255/4=63.75kg of TNT so starlord, drax, gamora and rocket should be upgraded to small building level. starlord was also able to contain it alone for a long time so heshould also be building level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbR4TlgwM50 and since ronan was able to contain 255 kg of TNT he should be building level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZgn4S9-fWo in this clip gamora brakes out of groots arms who is class 1 so it scales to her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN-zTWuWh8A the same thing can be said for drax here

Well, vaporising 10 people takes 30 Gigajoules according to this calculatio, which I think is Large Building level.

That said, the Guardians have different levels of durability, so it is hard to scale somebody like Star-Lord from this.

But wasn't that proven wrong in gwynbleidds calc . That one is for separating the atoms of the body or atomizatio which is not used unless explicitly said.

In the third video starlord,gamora, rocket and drax were able to contain the energy easily and kill ronan that's why they should be upgraded

Throughout the movers show pretty consistent Dura and this will also support drax's Already 9A dura

Maybe. He has not replied about it in his blog post yet.

I think that Drax likely withstood most of the energy, or that it should be treated as an outlier. It seems extremely far-fetched to upgrade Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon.

Why is it far fetched?

Starlord was holding it directly but ipthe energy was distributed equally

Even at the end of the movie they show that the reason starlord was able to hold it is because his father is a very powerful ancient being I can't find the video but it's after they defeated Ronan .

Rocket is cybernetically enhanced so I think it'snormal

Well, they are not supposed to be far beyond regular human.

Anyway, we likely need more input.

They are aliens , they should be above human.

And I don't think they have any low me negatives that contradict the high ranking

Yes we need more input

Antvasima said:
Well, they are not supposed to be far beyond regular human.
What does that matter if they have feats far beyond regular human? There are plenty of supposed "regular/peak humans" that we rate as much higher due to their showings. You've acknowledged in past threads that we do that as well.

This is fiction and their standards for what an average person can do does not at all have to abide with real world standards. Why else is Wall+, Supersonic+ Batman a thing? Or Building+, Mach 25+ Solid Snake?

And when has what a character's strength was "supposed to be" ever impacted a profile? We adamantly do not use authorial intent if actual feats go against it.

As long as they do not have actual showings or statements that put them on regular, real world human level, there is no reason at all to discard this.

If the calculation is accepted by the Calc Group and these characters don't have more lower end showings contradicting it, then yes.

I'm not sure if this thread would qualify for posting on the Calc Evaluation thread. But you could politely message some Calc Members asking them to comment here.

Personally i think intention and story purpose should matter on how we treat their feats.

Also this moment is PIS.

The infinity stones have had some City level feats and the one they had on the scene obliderated the entire surface of a planet.

There's a reason that Star Lord can survive the vaporisation but I don't want to drop spoilers for the second film

Its not Plot induced Stupidity because at the end of the movie the head of the nova corps explained that starlord survived for so long because his father is a very ancient powerful being so it atleast applies to him. those feats were performed by people wielding the stones.

Gwynbleiddd said:
Personally i think intention and story purpose should matter on how we treat their feats.
So Planet level Frieza, Moon level Roshi, Large Island level Erza, Relativistic+ Flash, 9-C Batman and 2-A Demonbane? Because the "intention" of all those characters' feats is for us to consider these things.

We don't consider what the author intended to do with a story when they clearly did something else when it comes to feats. I bet a majority of the stuff Calc Group makes are higher or lower than the author intended. That doesn't really matter. Actual feats and consistency do.

As long as these characters actually performed this feat, and there are no statements/showings that contradict it, it should be used. How strong the author wants these characters to be "Intention and story purpose" is irrelevant if the first two things remain true.

I thought the idea behind the scene was that Star Lord was doing containing most of it since he's part Celestial?

Gamora/Drax = Groot seems fine though

Guardians 2 Spoilers
Star Lord fought on par with his father so I think he should scale or at least have a key with those powers

LordXcano said:
@Col

How do you do spoilers?
(<)div class="mw-customtoggle-Feats wikia-menu-button">Spoiler Title</div> (<)div class="mw-collapsible mw-collapsed" id="mw-customcollapsible-Feats"> Insert text here </div(>)

I added missing code in brackets otherwise it generates the code, just remove them and it should work.

GotG 2 Spoilers
I think Star Lord can scale to Ego, but it would need to be a second key since IIRC he loses the power once Ego dies

Well, I think that these upgrades seem acceptable.

Just checking, (SPOILER BUT NOT REALLY SPOILER WARNING)

is Ego Moon level for stating that his planet is no larger than the Earth's moon?

I suppose that seems to make sense, yes.

Aite. *Patiently waits for Moon level GotG characters*

Wait Ego is the same size as our moon?! Talk about nerfing a character. Does he have other good feats that maybe make him planet level?

Spoilers
Maybe with prep he can be planet to large planet level with the life wiping thing. He also gave Star Lord's mum the tumour so we can add that too.

He planted some device on the planets he visited which was going to completely remove everything on the planet.

How are there even spoilers on GotG2 yet? Isn't the movie only coming out tomorrow?

I'll be able to provide actual input on this thread when I see the movie on Saturday with my dad.

It was released earlier in the UK. It's been out for at least a week here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back