• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU: High 6-A/5-C Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he has the power stone in the glove and couldn't trigger it without completing an action. Its why he had to take the stone and shove it in his hand and why right after he put it back into the IG.
But shouldn't it be a passive amp? Since Ronan has no way to control the Power Stone with his hammer and was still empowered by it

But shouldn't it be a passive amp?
The stones are only active if they're glowing. This is consistent through all of the movies.

The only time the Power Stone glows in the IG is when someone closes their fist or snaps. When Thanos dropped it into his hand it was glowing and you could see energy coursing through his veins.

The only time he had a physical stat amp with the Power Stone was when it was in his skin. All he did with that amp was one shot Carol and then immediately remove it from his skin.

What are the current arguments?
The stone is coming from the 5-C scaling. If the stone is passive then it goes Cannon -> Ronan -> Thanos when he gets the Power Stone -> Captain Marvel tier characters.

The issue is that the stone isn't a passive amp for Thanos and the one time he used it he one-shot Carol. So the scaling doesn't work like that.

The issue is that the stone isn't a passive amp for Thanos and the one time he used it he one-shot Carol. So the scaling doesn't work like that
Yeah lol he literally knocked her out the entire rest of the movie but ig since she survived it that's the argument

since she survived it that's the argument
I don't think we scale people like that for superhero stuff. Since low tier characters will be hit by a stronger one all the time and just not die, but will be knocked out.

It's just a genre thing. If not then Spider-Man and everyone who scales to him would also need to become Tier 6.

Also, on to my claim about the Hadron enforcer, no, it shouldn't be moon level because its real power output contradicts the statement.

Statements can be used when there is no discrepancies between what is in the scene and is stated.

Attack Potency doesn't cover that with AoE fallacy because destructive capability.

You have two different quotes. Maria saying they can't get people from PEGASUS to a safe distance within 30 minutes and then Black Widow lying to Banner.

That's not evidence for a High 6-A energy source

She's lying to Banner to get him to track the Tesseract. Loki's plan was to use it to open a portal and Tesseract weapons have never shown High 6-A levels of power. Its an assumption based on a character who was lying to another character earlier in the movie.

Current scaling policy hasn't changed. What if Carol isn't Main Universe Carol.

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm misinterpreting anything. If anything I'd say you're the one getting the scene wrong.
Which was because of the tesseract, not really if anything she told the truth but left out other info such as Loki.

Considering they we’re already capable of seeing how much energy it was producing and came to the conclusion that it could wipe out the planet should be evidence of its tier in power

she’s lying by telling him they need him to track the tesseract which they needed? Agian they already clocked the energy it was producing before hand so I doubt it

What official scaling policy?

Which was because of the tesseract,
Maria is saying that they can't the people of PEGASUS to a safe distance if the Tesseract explodes. That's not the same as wiping out the planet.
not really if anything she told the truth but left out other info such as Loki.
So she was lying to him nearly the entire time and made a story she thought he would believe to go with her.

As I said she was lying the entire time and Banner called her bluff later on. She's not a reliable narrator during that scene.
Considering they we’re already capable of seeing how much energy it was producing
Nothing the Tesseract has done implies it can wipe out a planet. It's only these statements and only when they're taken out of the fuller context of the scene.
What official scaling policy?
What If scales to Canon but Canon is not allowed to scale to What If unless you can prove that the characters should be identical like the Strange Supreme (important note; prove as in have major evidence and not just "well they don't look different").

Maria is saying that they can't the people of PEGASUS to a safe distance if the Tesseract explodes. That's not the same as wiping out the planet.

So she was lying to him nearly the entire time and made a story she thought he would believe to go with her.

As I said she was lying the entire time and Banner called her bluff later on. She's not a reliable narrator during that scene.

Nothing the Tesseract has done implies it can wipe out a planet. It's only these statements and only when they're taken out of the fuller context of the scene.

What If scales to Canon but Canon is not allowed to scale to What If unless you can prove that the characters should be identical like the Strange Supreme (important note; prove as in have major evidence and not just "well they don't look different").
Eh fair enough

the only thing she lied to him about was that it was just him and her. Everything else was pretty much factual unless I’m forgetting something and banner was no help in finding the tesseract.

Ok dosen’t matter considering people already examined it’s energy before any statement was made on its power(in avengers)

um because they are, there just alt timelines putting old characters in new and diverse situations. The only time we see major differences is when there’s some kind of major amp like the stones or dark stranges simp training arc

the only thing she lied to him about was that it was just him and her. Everything else was pretty much factual unless I’m forgetting something and banner was no help in finding the tesseract.
The entire situation was designed to try and get him to come with her to SHIELD. Her point of being there was to get Banner to come with them peacefully (and kidnap him if that didn't work). She said whatever she needed to in order to accomplish that goal. It's why I said she's an unreliable narrator.
Ok dosen’t matter considering people already examined it’s energy before any statement was made on its power(in avengers)
The people who examined it didn't say that it was going to destroy the planet. They made nukes with it and in-context said the blast radius if not contained would kill everyone at PEGASUS because they wouldn't be able to get far enough away.
um because they are
The two What If Carol's with the most feats come from universes with a vast amount of differences that have little to do with the Nexus event. Thanos for Infinity Ultron and basically everything to do with Asgard and its supporting cast for Party Thor. Its no just "one change and the rest was the same" its "the universe is already different but something notable also changed".

The entire situation was designed to try and get him to come with her to SHIELD. Her point of being there was to get Banner to come with them peacefully (and kidnap him if that didn't work). She said whatever she needed to in order to accomplish that goal. It's why I said she's an unreliable narrator.

The people who examined it didn't say that it was going to destroy the planet. They made nukes with it and in-context said the blast radius if not contained would kill everyone at PEGASUS because they wouldn't be able to get far enough away.

The two What If Carol's with the most feats come from universes with a vast amount of differences that have little to do with the Nexus event. Thanos for Infinity Ultron and basically everything to do with Asgard and its supporting cast for Party Thor. Its no just "one change and the rest was the same" its "the universe is already different but something notable also changed".
Ya and track down the tesseract as stated. Ok that doesn’t change what she said. Not really, they needed banner to track the tesseract as stated by widow. If anything it seems like she just told him the truth but left out some important details to make things go smoother

no they said it had the energy to do it. Ya the one going on at the time, not it’s overall energy

I mean that’s the point of the nexus events being out of control. First they deviate from the main timeline creating a nexus timeline then it starts to create infinte variations of said nexus timeline. While the main nexus event might have been say tony slept on the wrong side of the bed, there can be other nexus timelines branching off of that with there own variations and still have the same main nexus event.

All the stuff she said about the Tesseracts radiation emission and other info was true why would her first statement about it be false?
The only parts she lied about where about whether she and Bruce were alone.
Once again if that was the case she would have specified.
In this case I think were just gonna have to agree to disagree
Also the nukes and everything powered by the Tesseract is obviously not gonna be equal to the tesseract.
We don't give lightbulb's nuclear tier power just because their powered by nuclear energy
I really can't comment on this because I haven't watched any of the 'What If's" But if nothing is contradicted and this in cannon happens in a different but similar universe, Why can't it be used?
From what I understand Doctor Strange scales to his alternate reality counterpart

All the stuff she said about the Tesseracts radiation emission and other info was true why would her first statement about it be false?
The only parts she lied about where about whether she and Bruce were alone.

In this case I think were just gonna have to agree to disagree
Also the nukes and everything powered by the Tesseract is obviously not gonna be equal to the tesseract.
We don't give lightbulb's nuclear tier power just because their powered by nuclear energy

I really can't comment on this because I haven't watched any of the 'What If's" But if nothing is contradicted and this in cannon happens in a different but similar universe, Why can't it be used?
From what I understand Doctor Strange scales to his alternate reality counterpart
Strange is a different case as the strange was quite literally exactly the same past the entire plot of the first doctor strange film with the only difference being Christine dying in thr car crash, they explicitly made it a case to show otherwise he was exact the same as sacred timeline strange with him having gone through the same doctor strange 1 plot in its entirety so that's why he scales

What if scaling is a case by case basis and strange is about the only exception (he also fought his variants in Multiverse of Madness sooo🤷‍♀️) bad example

Because she was trying to get Banner to willingly go with her. Everything she said was a function of progressing that mission.

She didn't need to because her comment was a response to Fury's comment about how they should evacuate others. Context says she was talking about PEGASUS not the entire planet.
But if nothing is contradicted and this in cannon happens in a different but similar universe, Why can't it be used
Because other What Ifs have showed radically different power levels for unchanged characters. Meaning that What If Carol could easily just be far superior to Canon Carol.

The one exception is Strange Supreme because we have plenty of direct evidence that says he's 1:1 with Canon Strange.

Because she was trying to get Banner to willingly go with her. Everything she said was a function of progressing that mission.
Once again every other thing she said about the Tesseract was spot on. This is re-affirmed later as he never askes questions when confronted by Nick on the carrier.
She didn't need to because her comment was a response to Fury's comment about how they should evacuate others. Context says she was talking about PEGASUS not the entire planet.
Once again let's agree to disagree.
I don't see why this is so hard to accept considering in order to open dimensional gateways in the MCU you need High 6-A levels of energy.
The Tesseract has shown this ability in the Loki tv show and it uses the same type of portal it forms whenever it creates gateways to other parts of the main Universe

So we have
1. A direct statement telling how much energy is required to open wormholes in the MCU (High 6-A)
2. Another statement that the cube has enough energy to wipe the planet (High 6-A)
3. A Indirect statement referencing the Tesseracts power being large enough that there is no minimum safe distance. (High 6-A)
So even if you think the other two statements are bunk then you still have to refute the first one
Also I am sure I am missing a few as well as I recall there being more but I'm not about to go watch 18 movies for statements

Because other What Ifs have showed radically different power levels for unchanged characters. Meaning that What If Carol could easily just be far superior to Canon Carol.

The one exception is Strange Supreme because we have plenty of direct evidence that says he's 1:1 with Canon Strange.
Okay In that case it makes sense

It pulled a good chunk of the surface of the Moon, so it is capable

What other characters with radically different power levels are there? The only ones that come to mind are Ravager Thanos but that can be explained away as he was stopped early into his conquest and maybe wouldn't be as strong as he normally would be.

Also since there's so much contention over whether Captain Marvel does or doesn't scale to herself in What If why don't we, if 5-C or higher doesn't end up working out, just giver her an "At least 6-B, possibly high 6-A" rating

Also since there's so much contention over whether Captain Marvel does or doesn't scale to herself in What If why don't we, if 5-C or higher doesn't end up working out, just giver her an "At least 6-B, possibly high 6-A" rating
No. As Qaws already said, What If scaling is a one-way street. What If characters only scale to their canon MCU counterparts, not the other way around.

Also got this new statement

8731665-4a8a70ef-c426-4c76-a478-cceaed48f81f.jpeg

Hell, Loki doesn't open a portal with it, he just... teleports.
Also like, the quote in the OP cuts off the very next dialogue piece which is the following:
What I realized is all of these theoretical problems downplay the margin of error. And if you need the energy of the sun, think about how big the margin of error must be.
Meaning that... you don't need the energy of the sun, because the margin of error is so large.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back