• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gemmysaur

VS Battles
Retired
Iron Man is listed as hypersonic in speeds, MHS in his new armors, that's it.

Is his reflexes also hypersonic given that he constantly flies at those speeds, and tend to always be in the middle of a fight?

But then that opens a new can of worms, like Thor and Hulk throwing down with Iron Man. Would that make them hypersonic in reflexes?

Loki is also listed as supersonic+ to hypersonic in reactions, with the reasoning being he can keep up with Thor to some degree.

Captain America is listed as superhuman with supersonic reflexes with the reasoning being he was throwing down with Winter Soldier.

Thor and Hulk don't have a rating for reflexes (and Thor's movespeed is currently unknown, atleast subsonic).

So yeah, I suggest having a look into these profiles.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Iron_Man_(Marvel_Cinematic_Universe)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Thor_(Marvel_Cinematic_Universe)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Hulk_(Marvel_Cinematic_Universe)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Loki_(Marvel_Cinematic_Universe)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Captain_America_(Marvel_Cinematic_Universe)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Winter_Soldier_(Marvel_Cinematic_Universe)

Their speed definitely needs to be investigated ,but i don't have much time now so i will deal with this later.

Kkapoios said:
Their speed definitely needs to be investigated ,but i don't have much time now so i will deal with this later.
Ok then. Thanks.

Iron man has hypersonic flying speeds with his armor but he hasn't shown anything outstanding in terms of reaction or movement speed (+ in the trailer for civil war he can't even land a hit on captain america and the winter soldier)

Also he hasn't shown any MHS speeds with his hulkbuster armor (in fact this armor was shown to be slower due to it's size)

Loki is rated supersonic to hypersonic for reacting to Thor while Thor is unknown.

Their speeds should be

Iron Man - Peak human movement speed and reflexes with Hypersonic flying speed

Loki - At least Peak Human movement speed with Subsonic reflexes (caught Hawkeye's arrow without even looking)

Thor - at least Peak human movement speed with subsonic reflexes (comperable to Loki) (i don't rember him flying past the earth so if you've got a video it would be really helpful

Hulk is fine as he is

Captain and W.Soldier are also fine.

Kkapoios said:
Thor - at least Peak human movement speed with subsonic reflexes (comperable to Loki) (i don't rember him flying past the earth so if you've got a video it would be really helpful
I kept posting that one video where Mjolnir leaves the atmosphere at incredible speeds, which would be Thor's theoretical travel speed, for calculating since I don't know how to.

The best I got then is Thor flying into that monster in the first movie, which I find too hard to calculate and Thor retaliating from Malekith's blast and flying into him. Give me time to give you some clips.

Kkapoios said:
Didn't Iron Man dodge a tank bullet before? The one where he weaved his body to the side then shot the tank and walked away with an explosive backdrop?

Thor was whacking lasers during the Chitauri invasion so I think he could be higher. Does it look like he hit the lasers after it was fired?

He also swatted the Destroyer's face blasts.

He dodged Hulk's throwing of a jet wing after it was thrown, said wing was crossing I think 60mts. in like 2 seconds?

Thor dodged repulsor beams from the Iron Legion at point-blank in AoU.

Thor, flying or simply lunging is able to bullrush consistently throughout the MCU, hitting the likes of Loki (with Gungnir before Loki fell into the abyss) and Malekith (who he bullrushed through a portal before Malekith raised his arms up...or didn't bother to, your choice).

So yeah, I don't know how to calculate that to quantify his reactions but yeah.

On an unrelated note, I noticed Thor just swatted Loki's Gungnir blasts. The same blasts that vaporized anything it hit.

Loki catching Hawkeye's arrow should tell you enough and you don't need calculations for that.

Now I just need confirmation on Thor's flying speed and potential maximum flight speed.

Natse said:
Loki catching Hawkeye's arrow should tell you enough and you don't need calculations for that.
Now I just need confirmation on Thor's flying speed and potential maximum flight speed.
It told me every one of the top tier Avengers can react to Hawkeye's arrow, but it didn't tell me how high their reaction speeds are. The post about Iron Man casually dodging a tank shell showed they are at the very least subsonic.

Thor's flight is wonky since on one hand, he should be able to fly as fast as he wants Mjolnir to go, on the other, he hasn't showed the MHS speeds Mjolnir traveled when he is using it.

Maybe he just doesn't like travelling that fast as there is no need to, maybe he can't do it. We just can't tell yet without assuming anything. I say we make it "Atleast <insert fastest shown flight speed here>, Possibly <insert Mjolnir top travel speed here>".

He was able to bullrush Malekith so we know he can atleast fly subsonic speeds. Pulling the cars nearby though, I can't tell if it was because of Thor flying fast or the portal opening behind Malekith that did that.

Bullrushes Malekith
Hammerfall.

Lastly, I rewatched the fight the Avengers had with Ultron and friends in the African ship. During the slow-mo sequence where Quicksilver was showing his perception speed, the only ones actually moving in the shot was Ultron's red finger repulsors and Thor. Iron Man wasn't moving at all, and so are the others.

Quicksilver slowmo scene shows Thor moving when Iron Man is not
Quicktime.

Also, Thor was catching repulsor blasts consistently, as well as Gungnir's blasts in Thor 1.

Do we have speeds for those?

Deflecting plasma bolts
Twaaang.~

Deflecting plasma bolts2
Just dropping in.

Deflecting plasma bolts3
Blocking a shot from the guy on the left

Dodges point-blank repulsor rays
Dodging at an arm's length.

Dodges point-blank repulsor rays2
Dodging at an arm's length2.

Deflecting Gungnir blasts