• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
1. Currently we give the Infinity Stones/Gauntlet Type 2 Conceptual Manipulation since they are the remnants of six Singularities that existed long before the current universe, each capable of manipulating and controlling the fundamental, essential and primordial aspects of space, reality, power, soul, mind and time in existence. However, since they are from singularities that existed before the universe itself, they should have Type 1 Conceptual Manipulation due to their essences being independent from the universe itself.

2. In the 2016 Doctor Strange film, the Ancient One describes magic as "a program, the source code that shapes reality". Thus, magic in the MCU should have Information Manipulation (Type 2) and Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2).

3. Dormammu should get Acausality (Type 4) for being older than time itself and for the fact that he has absolute control over the Dark Dimension,[2] which exists in a void of time and the laws of physics[4] beyond[1] and outside of time itself, transcending humanity's understanding of physics.

(If the scans don't work for Dormammu's stuff, I just want to clarify that this is just what I took from his current profile)

Last edited:
Agree with all except Magic as Information, it's just Ancient One describing how Magic works akin to information, not necessarily manipulate information on fundamental level.

1. Currently we give the Infinity Stones/Gauntlet Type 2 Conceptual Manipulation since they are the remnants of six Singularities that existed long before the current universe, each capable of manipulating and controlling the fundamental, essential and primordial aspects of space, reality, power, soul, mind and time in existence. However, since they are from singularities that existed before the universe itself, they should have Type 1 Conceptual Manipulation due to their essences being independent from the universe itself.
I disagree here. Things existed before the universe such as the Celestials, so it does not grant the stones Type 1 Conceptual Manipulation. Especially because the stones aren't even the six singularities but the remnants of them.
In the beginning.......before the six singularities and the dawn of creation, came the CELESTIALS. Arishem, the Prime Celestial, created the first sun and brought light into the universe. Life began, and thrived. All was in balance
Before creation itself, there were six singularities. Then the universe exploded into existence, and the remnants of these systems were forged into concentrated ingots... Infinity Stones.
In fact the existing of this void in space would discount all of them from Type 1, which is why Type 2 was the only one ever proposed.
2. In the 2016 Doctor Strange film, the Ancient One describes magic as "a program, the source code that shapes reality". Thus, magic in the MCU should have Information Manipulation (Type 2) and Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2).
This does not work in context because you're leaving out the full quote
Ancient One: The language of the mystic arts... is as old as civilization.. The sorcerers of antiquity... called the use of this language "spells.". But if that word offends your modern sensibilities... you can call it a "program." The source code that shapes reality. We harness energy... drawn from other dimensions of the Multiverse... to cast spells... to conjure shields... and weapons... to make magic.
I'm not seeing Information or Conceptual Manipulation with any usage of magic.
Dormammu should get Acausality (Type 4) for being older than time itself
Dormammu is actually barred from Acasual going by our FAQ page
It should also be noted that simply existing in some alternate state of existence that lacks time and/or space is not really grounds for any tier in particular, as lacking such things does not translate to being superior to them, and would most often overlap with abilities like Acausality or Nonexistent Physiology. A good example of a case like this is Dormammu (Marvel Cinematic Universe), who is stated to exist in a realm "far beyond time," yet never actually displays any superiority over it, and is in fact vulnerable to time-based abilities due to his timeless nature.
This is important as Dormammu isn't immune to time. Literally as soon as time is part of the DD he is effected by it and it means none of the universes he ate before had any temporal elements. If he does get Acasual it would be the worst form of Acasual on site since it would solely give him the ability to register he is within a timeloop and nothing else.

So I'm against all of these.

Dude are you referring to the updated profile Ultima made?
Yes. It's genuinely painful to see; like, why not just make different keys for each stone to make it easier for people to read and reference? Ran into that problem with The In-Betweener, actually. Then again, it's still vastly better than what it was before, no doubt about it.

I disagree here. Things existed before the universe such as the Celestials, so it does not grant the stones Type 1 Conceptual Manipulation. Especially because the stones aren't even the six singularities but the remnants of them.

In fact the existing of this void in space would discount all of them from Type 1, which is why Type 2 was the only one ever proposed.

This does not work in context because you're leaving out the full quote

I'm not seeing Information or Conceptual Manipulation with any usage of magic.

Dormammu is actually barred from Acasual going by our FAQ page

This is important as Dormammu isn't immune to time. Literally as soon as time is part of the DD he is effected by it and it means none of the universes he ate before had any temporal elements. If he does get Acasual it would be the worst form of Acasual on site since it would solely give him the ability to register he is within a timeloop and nothing else.

So I'm against all of these.
Your points for 1 and 3 make sense, but I still think magic qualifies for at least one of the two based on the AO's statement.

Your points for 1 and 3 make sense, but I still think magic qualifies for at least one of the two based on the AO's statement.
No? Just like I said before, it's just how Ancient One describing Magic in modern sense, not really Magic is manipulating fundamental information in reality. Qawsed already giving full context of it.

Back