• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Thanos fight against a badass milf (MCU Thanos vs Minamoto no Raikou)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you actually explain further as to what it even cancels in the first place, because the definition you gave its, really vague, to say the least.
Magic Resistance isn't inherently against like magic spells. Its against whatever is able to be considered a magical effect, as in, it's towards things with those effects, not actually just magecraft. It explicitly differentiates itself from the Resistance that magic circuit holders have, which is against only magic due to rejecting magical energy.

I'm not really sure how to explain it more without providing a huge list of examples of effects.

Basically it's not inherently a resistance to magic, it's a resistance to things that would classify as magical effects, which is independent of the mechanism used to deliver them, as, like mentioned above, things like mystic eyes and other things are still affected, much like an actual bit of magecraft would be

Last edited:
Could you actually explain further as to what it even cancels in the first place, because the definition you gave its, really vague, to say the least.
It cancels the actual effect of it being inflicted on the person. So thanos would use the space stone warp, for example, and then just nothing would happen to her

You guys really need to point out those things in the Servants profiles, because it's only refering to things such as spells.

If the neither of the stones can even work out, then it's a stomp as I already mentioned.

You guys really need to point out those things in the Servants profiles, because it's only refering to things such as spells.

If the neither of the stones can even work out, then it's a stomp as I already mentioned.
yeah fate's pages are not good, we're doing our best to fix them but it's a slow process

To be fair, always that Magic Resistance come in a vs is explained (again) that the skill work against things aside from magic, though I think that write a note about it in the page would be good.

Well, either we go by what the profiles currently state and finish this match while its somehow a fair debate

Or we close the thread because from what I can tell those supposed fixes will just invalidate any possible Vs here. It would be pointless to hold up a match for a future CRT that will make it a stomp.

@Expectro2000xxx no, not always dude. I'm talking from experience.

And even then, it shouldn't be explained in matches, it should be in the profiles because it's legitimatly important information.

Last edited:
Well, either we go by what the profiles currently state and finish this match while its somehow a fair debate

Or we close the thread because from what I can tell those supposed fixes will just invalidate any possible Vs here. It would be pointless to hold up a match for a future CRT that will make it a stomp.

@Expectro2000xxx no, not always dude. I'm talking from experience.

And even then, it shouldn't be explained in matches, it should be in the profiles because it's legitimatly important information.
I didn't comment much in this match because I personally think it's a stomp, Raikou resist most of the things he do, can basically one-shot and the few things she don't resist Thanos don't use much but if much knowledge is given to Thanos to know what will work from the beginning then the match would become a stomp in the other direction.

But isn't the infinity stones not trully a magical effects? It'a tied with creation of universe so thinking the layers are implied much higher than that
I didn't comment much in this match because I personally think it's a stomp, Raikou resist most of the things he do, can basically one-shot and the few things she don't resist Thanos don't use much but if much knowledge is given to Thanos to know what will work from the beginning then the match would become a stomp in the other direction.
That's why i gave him little knowledge especially regarding about servant physiology

None of the Infinite stones can work according to the (still strange) definition of magic resistance.

If anything that has an effect that can be considered magical (regardless if it is from a magical origin or not) gets outright nullified (which is really fallacious, to be honest) then Thanos's knowledge is useless because none of the stone abilities can work.

Magic Reistance is really confusing af man, and honestly i agreed that it sound fallacious tbh

Still i believe the stones has a higher layers considering of their descriptions so it can bypass the MR

Layers are based on affecting someone who has resistance to the thing you're using on them, not the description of the thing

The are things that even if they were literally magic if they don't have certain level of MR they don't resist, for example, currently to resit concept manip one need Rank B, and even at Rank B one can be affected by concept manip if the concept manip of the other part have showed to bypass X number of layers of resistance.

Anyone from the MCU that had resisted (and got bypassed) stones before?

I'm still thinking its outirght fallacious if it can nullified anything outside from magic

I don't know man, shouldn't there be some form of verse equalization with this kind of super specific and detailed magic resistance? The description for this resistance makes it feel like servants are juggernauts that resist anything that has the word "supernatural" on it.

Doctor Strange has resistance to the Time Stone.

And Thanos managed to resist the completed IG energy surge, albeit that is mostly radiation resistance.

Aside from those, nobody else really.

I don't know man, shouldn't there be some form of verse equalization with this kind of super specific and detailed magic resistance? The description for this resistance makes it feel like servants are juggernauts that resist anything that has the word "supernatural" on it.

Well you see, that is almost exactly how it is in verse, even without factoring in Magic Resistance, because they're such a high grade Mystery ovo.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the verse equal in these cases is to equalize it to the standards of the verse in question, with the detailed mechanic that has to be worked with. At least, that's how it's always worked with Touma's imagine breaker

Last edited:
I seconded this, and it's not only Fate but also for the verses that has sort of special circuminates (Bleach, One Piece, HxH come to my mind)
Resistance feats are rare in the MCU, but IIRC Strange's usage of the time stone was able to trap Dormammu (a guy made of space-time who lives in a dimension without time) in a time loop
That mean time stone should be work

oh i see
fortunately vsbw treats soul potency as numbers and yea shinigami are invisible by default

i tried looking it up but circuminates isnt a word what was the correct term?

it seems like the stones wont work/be as effective? against her.
im voting raikou for Now

it seems like the stones wont work/be as effective? against her.
im voting raikou for Now
There's some of stones can still work like reality stones and power stones for example, and prior knowledge can help here, aside that not in large margin

It's not specific though, it's quite broad. It just takes effect in a slightly different way from just "i resist lol"

It's not specific though, it's quite broad. It just takes effect in a slightly different way from just "i resist lol"
I meant that it's specific because there's some specific conditions that this ability follows, I know there's lots of applications for this resistance but in general this ability follows specific conditions like with the layers and shit. Hence why I said it was specific and detailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back