• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So... I have been reviewing the series, and it is made very clear time, and time, and time, and time again that all of the named characters in Medaka Box are comparable in a physical fight, with very few exceptions (End God Mode Medaka and Iihiko are the only ones that come to mind). All of them are able to trade blows with each other on equal ground, and fights are never decided based on destructive capacity, as there is too much cyclical logic involved. (e.g. supposedly Akune is superior to Medaka, who is superior to Oudo, who is superior to Koga, who is superior to Akune)

Every character varies only in hax, intellect, and techniques, which are always the deciding factor in a Medaka Box fight, due to its semi-parodic nature (I think that's the word for it). Therefore I would argue that every character should scale to each other in terms of physical abilities and basic tiering, and there are only a few destructive feats we can go off of for this purpose, due to the fights not usually revolving around physical destruction.

If we want, we can also involve very specific Hax-based feats that do speak to the physical tier of the characters due to the nature of the situation.

For example:

Medaka dragging two five-story school buildings, which i can aquire a picture for, just not at the moment

Door smash
Akune smashing a steel door (I don't know how tough steel is, so I don't know if this is as impressive)

Kumagawa Scaling 2 (49)
Kumagawa Scaling 4 (49)
Oudo collapsing a room the size of a large house, which Kikaijima survived despite being at the epicenter of the collapse.

Nienami's Battleship feat

And several others that I will attempt to locate if need be.

Bottom line, whatever tier these feats end up fitting into, there's no reason we can't scale each Medaka Box character to each of them, due to them repeatedly being shown as comparable despite continuous vague statements to the contrary. (e.g. Zenkichi kicking Medaka and damaging her, despite her being stated as so much stronger than him that they can't be compared, even though they are indeed described as comparable later)

Characters almost never win fights through physical superiority or attack power, and when they do, the same character they defeated will often come back later and beat them the same way just as easily because the plot demands it. (e.g. Kumagawa physically blitzstomping a horde of enemies previously shown as vastly superior to Zenkichi, who can fight Kumagawa on equal ground)

So anyway, there's my two cents.

Nienami's battleship feat was done through hax, tho. I wouldnt scale anyone to medaka, really. I always think of that Medaka vs everyone pulling a rope and defeating them.

Which would make sense, were it not for the fact that Akune and Zenkichi were pulling on that rope as well. Akune has been described as physically superior to Medaka, and Zenkichi has damaged her with physical strikes.

Also, thank you for clarifying that with Nienami, I had forgotten that wasn't a physical feat

I will reread the series soon (its my favourite series, fyi) so I will be able to help here after that.

I mostly agree, but there are a few exceptions that make it a little weird. Like Kumagawa's speed blitzing where he takes out like many other people with screws. Tho perhaps that has something to do with his ability to spawn screws inside of people and the fact that he has the Time Erasure. Then again, he is supposedly weak as **** yet pulls it around to an advantage

In my opinion this is hasty generalization.

The fact that in many fights many characters have demonstrated to be physically comparable only means that the characters for which this was demonstrated are comparable.

For everyone else that isn't the case and it being the case for many doesn't indicate it to be the case for the rest.

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
Yeah, I guess that makes sense.
I dunno, it's just that the discrepancies are so immense. e.g. The rope-pulling scene.

If its alright, Imma copy and revise some of this so I can give it attention in a big medaka box upgrade thread I'm doing. This didn't get the attention it deserved and I'm hoping to get my other post pinned. I'll give you credit of course

Back