• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meepo vs Cinder Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
No additional text will be provided at this time, please leave a message after the beep

We were so close to not needing speed equal, but we do, so that

Otherwise Standard Battle Assumptions

Meepo: 8 (LephyrTheRevanchist, Mr_Bambu, Drite77, DMUA, Shmooply, Scottycj256, Harith0cell, Tllmbrg)

Cinder Fall:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Me when RWBY MU
big-bird-door.gif

Anyways what is Cinder's foe frist move and what can they do against a flying range spaming person who will take advantage of literally anything just to win

"who will take advantage of literally anything just to win"

One of the most memorable speeches in the entire show is about how Cinder is way more ambition than actual ruthless competence, so I have to point out that this is a bit deceptive

I'd comment more but it's my thread so I'd like others to open first and foremost on Meepo's side

Meepo canonically leads by casting Haste (doubles speed for one minute, he has 9 casts per day) and Wraithstrike (attacks gain a phasing property, ignoring armor and probably forcefields), then flies around the enemy using ranged attacks. If that doesn't work he'll transform into a Fleshraker (fangs and tail deliver venom, very powerful given dnd hax scaling though probably not lethal in just one dosage) and tries to pounce, which admittedly might not be very useful given the LS gap. Note that he can still cast spells while transformed. In melee combat he uses breath attacks and melee. If necessary, Meepo will flee from a fight.

Other things of note: Even without Wraithstrike Magic Missile phases through barriers (and therefore Aura), he has forcefields of his own, healing potions, he is completely immune to energy attacks, has a real life shotgun which isn't a wincon but it is funny, he's naturally resistant to all damage that isn't magic or coming from a silver weapon and he resists basically everything via being a dnd character

Last edited:
This is one of the best things to happen to D&D lately, I pray for more Sweepo.

Armor gave a great synopsis anyways- Meepo is explicitly going to amp his speed and fight a ranged fight given the opportunity, doing everything in his power to stay alive and otherwise just pelting the poor sod with any ranged attack he can. When he's out of juice, he will retreat to live another day- although he isn't a coward, and will likely return before the 24 hours are up.

Given how Haste works in D&D, would that even affect Meepo's reaction time? If it affects, wouldn't that mean Meepo would have about 5 times of an advantage when it comes to speed? (4c vs 22c)

This is one of the best things to happen to D&D lately, I pray for more Sweepo.

Armor gave a great synopsis anyways- Meepo is explicitly going to amp his speed and fight a ranged fight given the opportunity, doing everything in his power to stay alive and otherwise just pelting the poor sod with any ranged attack he can. When he's out of juice, he will retreat to live another day- although he isn't a coward, and will likely return before the 24 hours are up.
We all pray for Sweepo

Given how Haste works in D&D, would that even affect Meepo's reaction time? If it affects, wouldn't that mean Meepo would have about 5 times of an advantage when it comes to speed? (4c vs 22c)
Probably, yes, Haste should apply to reactions and combat speed.

Speed is equal exactly because this would just result in Cinder getting utterly eviscerated by magic missiles with no ability to really retaliate (since with a 5x speed gap at a range, dodging is an outright breeze to pull off)

It's still a 2x edge under the current conditions but it's far more manageable

"who will take advantage of literally anything just to win"

One of the most memorable speeches in the entire show is about how Cinder is way more ambition than actual ruthless competence, so I have to point out that this is a bit deceptive

I'd comment more but it's my thread so I'd like others to open first and foremost on Meepo's side
Nah she literally took advange of the fact Penny wasn't used to her human body, kept going after her friends to detract her and make her focus on protecting them and then detracted her by blocking off her from her freinds with a wall of fire to make her detracted again for her freinds safety to stab her with her claw arm

Literally the only reason it didn't work is because Penny made jaune game end herself while Cinder was busy beating down Weiss

Speed is equal exactly because this would just result in Cinder getting utterly eviscerated by magic missiles with no ability to really retaliate (since with a 5x speed gap at a range, dodging is an outright breeze to pull off)

It's still a 2x edge under the current conditions but it's far more manageable
Didn't read all of the thing there, ma bad

Nah she literally took advantage of the fact Penny wasn't used to her human body, kept going after her friends to detract her and make her focus on protecting them and then detracted her by blocking off her from her friends with a wall of fire to make her detracted again for her friends safety to stab her with her claw arm

Literally the only reason it didn't work is because Penny made jaune game end herself while Cinder was busy beating down Weiss
And all of this was only possible due to circumstances Cinder herself didn't even really cause, Watts was the one that put the virus in Penny, the tight space in terms of the fight was a result of RWBY using the relic for evacuation, then from there it's just... Ruthlessly attacking a group of enemies in a chaotic space. It's more an anti-feat if anything, when you add the caveat that she did that after Watts grilled her for her decision making because everything she did prior to that point was even less efficient.

Like, it happens, but it's deceptive to act like it's a huge advantage, especially when Meepo does have a genuinely good gameplan he can employ

Can this man fly, or at the very least shoot projectiles?

Because unless he gets up close, Cinder can and will fly and range spam as shown in the vol 8 final episodes, she stopped rushing in and instead chose the much safer option of range spamming the hell of her foes

And all of this was only possible due to circumstances Cinder herself didn't even really cause, Watts was the one that put the virus in Penny
Penny was a human, she didn't have the virus at all in that fight

Because unless he gets up close, Cinder can and will fly and range spam as shown in the vol 8 final episodes, she stopped rushing in and instead chose the much safer option of range spamming the hell of her foes

we've literally been talking about the range spam and his art for this key is sporting massive wings

Yes to both, Armor has observed this earlier in the thread
The exact second thing she does in that video you posted is her making a sword and engaging in melee.

I went into his tactics, that's basically all he does too

Penny was a human, she didn't have the virus at all in that fight
Exactly, Penny had a human body because they needed to ditch the virus, which was Watts' strategy. It's not a show of Cinder's competence.

That isn't particularly relevant because Meepo flies and range spams himself

He can also teleport

probably, if she successfully takes the fight to closer quarters he may transform and do the same, he's very pragmatic and adaptable

His shotgun is also magical and can literally create infinite ammunition (though limited per day)
Also I kinda going to make a Aura crt that auras max durability cap is 300× at least, but he can still do chip damage to her, although she will make fire to burn his attacks

Didn't Armor said Wraith Strike allows him to bypass that? '-'
Wraithstrike makes weapon attacks go through traditional barriers, including those that normally hamper incorporeal enemies (mechanically it makes all weapon attacks touch attacks).

Still her fire that can burn through Pyrrha's aura (can make characters take the heat of lava and lightning) to heat up her weapon will help burn attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back