• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Man X DiVE tiering

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
So I've been playing this gacha game for a minute. It's very obviously not canon but there are original characters in it, namely RiCO, ViA, iCO, and...there's a 4th one whose name I forget. Also the Player but...that's a whole different can of worms. The cosmology is multiversal for multiple reasons. It has all of the Mega Man cosmology, including Battle Network. But more importantly, it's blatant that every game is its own universe, similar to Pokemon. The problem is idk if anyone scales to this. I'm not even sure they scale to MegaMan.EXE. They do meet him and fight alongside him, but it's not Hub, per se. It's a program. Like it's a 1 to 1 but still a program. None of the characters are their exact selves, from X and Zero to Star Force and Harp Note to Ryu and Chun Li. So er...this thread is to discuss what the profiles of the original characters should be. If they do scale to the cosmology, as they're trying to stop something that's corrupting all of it, they're solidly multiversal. And giving them the benefit of the doubt, they're at least 2-C due to scaling to MegaMan.EXE and Bass.EXE. And then there's the powers and weapons they have to work with...which will be hard.

That depends, at the very least a one-sided canonicity connection may be required, but there should be proof of that. If the Battle Network games are canon to said spinoff, but said spinoff is not canon to any individual Megaman game. Then feats from original games can be used, but none of the scaling in spinoff should effect any individual Mega Man character's involved main profiles.

But otherwise, does the spinoff in question have any notable direct feats?

I recall no impressive feats from what I've played. Though it's Mega Man so there's probably some black hole I missed.
Also yeah it's one-sided canonicity. The BN games happened in the BN worlds. Same with Star Force, ZX, etc. Which...makes things weird given the X timeline does lead into the Zero, ZX, and Legends timelines, yet it's treated as worlds...converging?

About the settings, the game is constantly called a "What If" (Or more directly an "If" World) and they even state things like due to the characters in the game being the Hunter Programs they aren't limited by the structure of the original series (Such as allowing Swinsuit versions of Alia). So one-sided canonicity for "events" themselves seems the right thing to do, although clarifications from the development team could still be helpful for the main series (Such as stating one more time that Command Mission isn't a part of the main storyline).

Damn… Cal beat me to the Rockman X DiVE CRT before me. I was going to make a CRT for it since I found numerous feats in the game.

Every Game is its own Universe in the game, yes. Which would make the feat I’m about to bring up Low 2-C: Omega in the Messiah event (which is canon to the game’s story) materialised the entirety of MM ZX Advent, and it’s even explained that this exact thing has happened in the past with previous Irregular Data that wreaked havoc in the Deep Logs.

I also believe in Chapter 14-15(?), Byte was given a black hole generator by iCO.

I also heard Sigma exists in every copy of Mega Man game that exists. Idk if he’d scale to the whole cosmology, but it should be worth mentioning that Cyberspace in X DiVE is a 2-B cosmology due to containing Deep Logs for every game and every Mega Man X player. It’s absolute crazy stuff.

I need to catch up on the game, though. Haven’t touched it in a while.

Back