• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megaman speed feat revision.

According to this profile classic era characters and above are scaled from a feat of this guy cruising from jupiter to earth in 38 seconds.

However if you look at the actual [[1]] scene where the planet is depicted you can clearly see that, while the planet is similar, it isn't jupiter and most certainly not a planet within our solar system.

This would make the distance intergalactic as the mega man games are set within our solar system and earth given the various maps we see through the sagas, additionally in MMV (the gameboy games) you have [[2]] the stage select screen with all the planets pictured in it and we can clearly see jupiter pictured and it looks different from the planet depicted in MM8.

If this is valid, it would bump every relevant character from the Classic-ZX timeline to 3,504,529.79 c or 3.5 million times the speed of light using proxima centauri as the distance. Worth nothing that this happens after the events of MMV which means the characters would have already been MFTL prior to that point in time.

Hmm... the problem is that it would be weird to have them fall to Earth in any reasonable amount of time if they were clashing outside of our solar system.

@Bruce

I want that calc checked before we use it.

Reppuzan said:
Hmm... the problem is that it would be weird to have them fall to Earth in any reasonable amount of time if they were clashing outside of our solar system.
@Bruce

I want that calc checked before we use it.
I know, but I reposted it to show that this is possibly not an outlier. Only two guys looked at it.

Yeah, on second thought, it's probably Jupiter.

Jupiter does have a ring system but it often goes unnoticed. In addition, the coloration of the planet matches Jupiter.

Matt, the jupiter depicted in the second link doesn't have the two very noticeable planetary rings that you see in the first planet above, and the the planet is angled in such a way they should be visible yet they aren't.

The obvious counterargument is that they're barely noticeable compared to the ones depicted, and there is only 1 set of rings as opposed to the two that run parallel to one another.

@Aguila

Hmm, now that I look at the scene I do see the two parallel rings.

However, I don't know whether to chock it up to an artist error unless you're aware of a planet with these specifications.

The point is that if the planet isn't jupiter it obviously can't belong to our solar system.

As it is now it I don't think there is even so much as a confirmation of a planet with even one set of rings existing outside our solar system, so I cannot prove this is an specific planet in particular.

I don't think assuming it's jupiter and the extra rings being there being a simple is a artistic error is valid though, as they do portray jupiter in another game which shows that they have an understanding of what the planet looks like.

@Matt

I looked through the script and couldn't find anything, but at the same time I don't think we should be assuming distances at all if we don't know another planet with these characteristics.

The safest route is to chock up the image to an artist error and leave it at that.

We could just assume the distance is like 4 lightyears (closest solar system), to be fair.

This is probably just artist error though, now that I think about it.

I disagree on it being an artistic error for the reasons I stated but if there is a consensus, then it's fine.

You can see the "Eye of Jupiter" on the planet. Granted, it's mishapen, on the wrong spot, and badly portioned, but it's there.

Eye of Jupiter
Jupiter, Earth size comparison
So yeah, it's probably Jupiter. Maybe the artist drew from memory or something, I dunno.

I don't know if that planet is Jupiter but is definitely a gas giant, gas giants are large planets that contain more than 10 times the mass of Earth.

Back