• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megami Tensei General Discussion Thread

Oh, right that's a thing. Only seen that with Skyrim, which is made by notorious studio Bethesda.

Still, I find Vengeance's situation fair. It's only 60 dollars compared to Reload's 70, it's now multi-platform, its been 3 years since the original game, and it's content is now doubled along with reworked mechanics.
I remember Guilty Gear Xrd could be upgraded Sign to 2nd Revelator in a similar way.

SMTV is already 3 years old? Damn.

I dont want to make a massive thesis on it, but:

1. FeMC. Easily the biggest reason for contention, but I think people should be allowed to want a definitive version of Persona 3 with Kotone. She isn’t simply a carbon copy of Makoto with a pink cutout and boobs, but she holds her own OST, unique social links, etc. She even gave the game a SECOND super-boss. Me personally I can live without her, but I won’t act like people disappointed with her exclusion aren’t justified.
2. DLC. The Answer, a post-game story is now 40 dollars and is releasing in September when the game on the PS2 added it for free. Don’t think I need to explain the issue here beyond that.

1. FeMC. Easily the biggest reason for contention, but I think people should be allowed to want a definitive version of Persona 3 with Kotone. She isn’t simply a carbon copy of Makoto with a pink cutout and boobs, but she holds her own OST, unique social links, etc. She even gave the game a SECOND super-boss. Me personally I can live without her, but I won’t act like people disappointed with her exclusion aren’t justified.
I do find it understandable why she won't ever be added. Atlus would have to remake a whole lot of cutscenes, and make new models for Kotone exclusive Social links and Kotone herself. overall it would take too much time and resources when Atlus is trying to focus on Vengeance and Metaphor, probably Person 6, and other persona remakes for the future. But hey, at least there's a dedicated group making a mod for it. And Atlus did make the smart move of porting portable first.
2. DLC. The Answer, a post-game story is now 40 dollars and is releasing in September when the game on the PS2 added it for free. Don’t think I need to explain the issue here beyond that.
Now this? This is totally fair. Should've been in the base game, no questions asked, super important lore wise as well.

I do find it understandable why she won't ever be added. Atlus would have to remake a whole lot of cutscenes, and make new models for Kotone exclusive Social links and Kotone herself. overall it would take too much time and resources when Atlus is trying to focus on Vengeance and Metaphor, probably Person 6, and other persona remakes for the future. But hey, at least there's a dedicated group making a mod for it. And Atlus did make the smart move of porting portable
Yup, that’s the other side of the argument. Unfortunately they didn’t make it neater on their end by telling us that on International Women’s Day.

sadly she's an EDP

Persona fans fighting Jojo fans over who can say more overused unfunny jokes

Ah, right. I can see the issue there. And come to think of it would explain why only Makoto can be seen in gameplay and everything. Especially if she had grown into a character of her own instead of being genderswapped Makoto with a neutral effect, as you say.

Yeah, Alpha told me about the Answer a bit ago. It's pretty scummy if you ask me. Kinda reminds me what Capcom did with Asura's Wrath all those years ago.

Lol, when Royale was first announced I though Kasumi was a girl MC alternative for Ren.

Yeah, Alpha told me about the Answer a bit ago. It's pretty scummy if you ask me. Kinda reminds me what Capcom did with Asura's Wrath all those years ago.
Hey now, it's excused for Asura's Wrath. The DLC was meant to be the sequel, but due to lackluster sales it was relegated to DLC.

And amazing DLC it was... I just wish that Asura is universal here, but it's argued against a lot.
Lol, when Royale was first announced I though Kasumi was a girl MC alternative for Ren.
Yeah, those were funny times

Hey now, it's excused for Asura's Wrath. The DLC was meant to be the sequel, but due to lackluster sales it was relegated to DLC.
Huh, really? The interviews and stuff I've seen had some weird out there logic, like they were trying to emulate a tv series where you would get the story bit by bit with each episode. I know the game underperformed despite being very well received, but didn't know the DLC was planned as a sequel.
And amazing DLC it was... I just wish that Asura is universal here, but it's argued against a lot.
Yeah, that kinda confuses me. Well, not that I have an argument in Asura's favour either >_>;
Yeah, those were funny times
So I wasn't the only one? Yay! I'm not insane!

Huh, really? The interviews and stuff I've seen had some weird out there logic, like they were trying to emulate a tv series where you would get the story bit by bit with each episode. I know the game underperformed despite being very well received, but didn't know the DLC was planned as a sequel.
Just what I heard, and I'd buy it. The cliffhanger definitely set itself up for a sequel. As for the episode thing, yeah it tries to emulate an anime format, and it does so practically seamlessly.
Yeah, that kinda confuses me. Well, not that I have an argument in Asura's favour either >_>;
Plenty of world creation and destruction statements, and there's Asura destroying Naraka with a single punch. But those get counered as apparently it only refers to the planet, and the Naraka scene mightve been an illusion, and even then "endless" realms don't really give anything from what I've seen.
So I wasn't the only one? Yay! I'm not insane!
Yeah, people thought that it'd be another FeMC. However it's not as crazy as people thinking it follows after the bad ending, and that you would storm Joker's palace.

438161230_417317861155588_3089759230331052422_n.jpg

Want to reiterate: if you’ve gone through any of the series titles across any MegaTen entry, and want to join in with helping the revision, shoot me a pm. I’m likely to ask again when Vengeance drops, but that’s because we usually have designated tabs for spoilers since a lot of us play together.

Want to reiterate: if you’ve gone through any of the series titles across any MegaTen entry, and want to join in with helping the revision, shoot me a pm. I’m likely to ask again when Vengeance drops, but that’s because we usually have designated tabs for spoilers since a lot of us play together.
So, a spoiler channel to post your findings if you play ahead of others? Sounds neat, I'd join for that, but I don't really have anything else to add.

I don't know anything about SMT scaling, but I do like making profiles look nice and neat. I actually wanted to revamp Joker's profiles a while back, no upgrades, just wanted to make it more organized and stylish, but I decided to wait until the revamp of the verse.

That and enjoying the game.

Again, across the entire series, even if you’ve played a single game. Could even be as small as helping redo existing profiles, lel.
Well I do have Persona 1, Innocent Sin, and Eternal Punishment on the PS Vita, along with Portable and Golden. I have Royal, Fes on the PS2. Other games I have on the PS2 are Nocturne and DDS1. Though with redoing existing profiles, I don't think I'd be capable of that. I usually just take the template of another in-verse profile and add information retaining to stats.

Well I do have Persona 1, Innocent Sin, and Eternal Punishment on the PS Vita, along with Portable and Golden. I have Royal, Fes on the PS2. Other games I have on the PS2 are Nocturne and DDS1. Though with redoing existing profiles, I don't think I'd be capable of that. I usually just take the template of another in-verse profile and add information retaining to stats.
Discussion amongst the games is a-ok, too. Wanna shoot me a pm?

I don't know anything about SMT scaling, but I do like making profiles look nice and neat. I actually wanted to revamp Joker's profiles a while back, no upgrades, just wanted to make it more organized and stylish, but I decided to wait until the revamp of the verse.
Unfortunately we’ve already got someone working on Joker’s profile (he has my at gun point as I type this).

Unfortunately we’ve already got someone working on Joker’s profile (he has my at gun point as I type this).
Nah, it's okay, I had that Joker plan months ago while I was replaying P5, now I'm chilling and waiting for Vengeance. (Now that it's someone else working on him, P5 is mid, if it was me, it would be peak.(y))

Nah, it's okay, I had that Joker plan months ago while I was replaying P5, now I'm chilling and waiting for Vengeance. (Now that it's someone else working on him, P5 is mid, if it was me, it would be peak.(y))
If there are any other profiles across the series that intrigue you, lmk.

I would but I have no clue what the revision is about beyond adapting to the tiering changes

Back