• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meliodas vs Twenty-Fifth Baam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meliodas's Full counter wouldn't be as usful agaitns Baam due to Baam's high resistance to SHinsoo which is what Meliodas will reflect back againts.

Meliodas does have the CQC advantage but I don't think Baam should have a problem with it IMO, Baam does have a good chance to win since Meliodas isn't going for the kill.

None of Baam's techniqes would have a massive affect on Meliodas but none of them would be completly useless, although FBPT would do a good bit of damage if he can land it.

I'll have to think about it.

This is Baam with thorn, which ignores regen and immortality.

Baam can also copy powers and fighting styles in combat, so Meliodas might have the CQC advantage early on, but he has displayed keeping up with those with close combat abilities, been outclassed and pulled through (His fight with Daniel comes to mind)

Also, while not in character and wont open with, Baam can immobilize him with Shinsoo, so there is that fallback. On paper, Meliodas has far more advantages, but baam has a few ways to circumvent this. Plus, he is not the charge in type. He prefers to analyze his opponents. His ability to create six bangs that have decent aoe, while bloodlusted, without the thorn can be used to zone meliodas. In short, he just is a better with range, ability, and has the more hax.

Meliodas two saving graces are he has attack reflection (although with immobilization and thorn stat amps make this moot imo.) and he has more experience.

and since Baam can possibly redirect/disperse attacks with power mimicry, I think the first advantage wont last long. In short: Baam because power mimicry, immobilization, better range and regen and immortality ignore with thorn via mid diff.

Against Karaka, remember.

This technique was able to dissapate Karaka's (who is a Small Country level character) attack, with even Evan stating that it was disappearing.

Should probably stop following a ToG thread to avoid spoilers.

But I will be back soon to vote.

Karaka is small country? I thought he was large island? I guess it doesn't matter, the point should be the same. I don't think that calc with Karaka and Yuri has been looked at yet.

I do love me some Tower of God.

Anyhow, to give a vote, since Bam's thorn can negate regen and immortality that takes away two of Meliodas' largest advantages considering that Bam primarily fights a mid-range fight, which makes it difficult for Meliodas to get in. He has far less options without his wrath of sacred weapon, so he essentially gets shot down with regen/immortality negating blasts of shinsoo until he dies essentially. The shinsu black hole or the floral butterfy technique could likely one shot him, as the shinsu black hole has been explicitly shwon to one shot immortals on the floor of death, meaning it affects the soul as well (though Meliodas does have some resistance to soul manipulation).

However, speed is unequalized. I know that Bam currently scales to Anaak and Ran, who are about Mach 830. I'll have to check on Meliodas's speed, but for now I'll go with Bam.

Just checked out the speed. So Meliodas is mach 804 while Bam is mach 830, so he also has the speed advantage. I think that Bam takes this mid-dif, as at this point, Meliodas is essentially a stronger version of Hoaqin, without the range and spatial sword hax.

I mean it is an advantage. I didn't say it was a huge one, but 830 > 804, so it's an advantage. Though if you do have other input I'd appreciate your voicing of it. It is Bam's first Versus thread after the revisions so it's a bit exciting.

isn't the Regen and immortal negat only towards other characters 'powered up' by a weaker spell? unless we count Meliodas's demon nature as a spell.

where does it say that? Cause I'm pretty sure it's just because Baam is powered up by a stronger spell right? unless I'm missing somthing from one of the blog posts.

JBennett said:
where does it say that? Cause I'm pretty sure it's just because Baam is powered up by a stronger spell right? unless I'm missing somthing from one of the blog posts.
Implied to counter immortality, should lean to favorable. http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Shinwonryu

Results should still be favorable towards Baam, considering he has one/two ways to negate immortality/regen, can mimic powers and can nullify attacks.

okay I understand that but do we count Meliodas's demon nature as a type of spell? besides Meliodas's regen is different from the regen from the inhabitants from floor 43 since Meliodas can only deal with the wonds and not the damage, and his immortallity is only due to beig resurected after he dies so even if he does come back to life he still can die.

JBennett said:
okay I understand that but do we count Meliodas's demon nature as a type of spell? besides Meliodas's regen is different from the regen from the inhabitants from floor 43 since Meliodas can only deal with the wonds and not the damage, and his immortallity is only due to beig resurected after he dies so even if he does come back to life he still can die.
Verse equalization allows regen to still be regen. This is not an issue one bit.

It's even worse he must reattach his body parts physicaly. The only good thing is the fact he has 7 hearts.

Alight then, if that's the case then I'll vote for Baam for versitility and for having the advantage in combat prowes though Meliodas will give Baam a hard time.

I'll vote for Baam via KinkiestSins's reasons.

Never thought that after 1-2+ years of dropping ToG, I'll see them on VSBW with profiles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back